Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Idea Qualm Calm

Blog Entries

Default Re: Idea Qualm Calm

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    just because someone is paranoid, does not prove people are not out to get them......
    I heard that in the past 2 years Colorado has experienced a extreme spike in the number of paranoid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I heard that in the past 2 years Colorado has experienced a extreme spike in the number of paranoid people.
    That's a myth even William Randolph Hearst would be proud of.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    There may be some who want to continue supporting coaches and athletes despite being concerned about the issues outlined in this thread. There is a way to do that while reducing general fund contributions. That way is to simply continue to support groups like the QB Club, Rebounders Club, Diamond club, etc. That money goes directly to whatever program you choose to support and the RCAF Board has no impact over how that is spent. Coaching staffs of each sport make that determination.
    Mike that works to a point. If the drop is too large they'll reduce the university money those programs get.

I clearly recall t-jo cutting athletics almost precisely the amount the RCAF brought in. They can do that to individual programs too.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike that works to a point. If the drop is too large they'll reduce the university money those programs get.

I clearly recall t-jo cutting athletics almost precisely the amount the RCAF brought in. They can do that to individual programs too.
    Yes, overall budgets have been cut due to RCAF making up the difference. I have never heard of having any reductions though from increased contributions to either the QB Club or Rebounders Club. I have been a member of both for over a dozen years. It is somewhat understood those dollars are used for purposes the coaches believe are appropriate. For example, some rebounders donations go towards extra meals for players on road trips. That is why I say you can still help players and coaches through membership in these organizations. Cutting RCAF general fund donations just means a higher percentage of the budget goes to pay Hud's salary. That constitutes a major part of the budget.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Mike I doubt they'd cut the budgets unless there was a massive reduction in the RCAF general fund and at the same time a huge run up in these program specific club funds

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Idea Qualm Calm

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    That's a myth even William Randolph Hearst would be proud of.
    just to let you know, i saw what you did there

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5