Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Idea Qualm Calm

Default Re: Important RCAF Membership Questions

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Those conversations were never part of formal motions put before the board, but from private conversations. So, they are not comfortable with this being part of a public discussion before it's discussed formally with the entire RCAF board.
    SUMMARY:
    RCAF board gets called out by donors.
    RCAF board replies, "We understand your worries, but we were already discussing those matters privately, so we don't feel comfortable discussing those matters publicly."

TRANSLATION: "I can't believe they are calling us out. We need to have a few more private RCAF board meetings to figure out how to handle this."

That response is absurd. How can any donor continue to blindly throw money at such a non-transparent organization?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

TheFan is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Idea Qualm Calm

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    But but but.. No one pays any attention to those trouble makers on RP.

Been saying it for years, those rubber necks can't live a minute without looking over their ______ shoulders..

As I've said, ____ RCAF, and every single one of those unichs that are legends in their own mind. The idea that money means intelligence is the most flawed thinking in the history of humanity. These idiots don't know ____ and don't WANT to know ____.

Oh and btw, we were right about our hire choice for ED. Our choice would have turned this place upside down and no one was allowing that to happen.

SBC crown jewel! Gag
    This.......

Blog Entries

I know that a single feather can break the back of a camel, but I cant help but think that some of us are overreacting. ... says the guy who has -as of yet- not been an RCAF member.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    SUMMARY:
    TRANSLATION: "I can't believe they are calling us out. We need to have a few more private RCAF board meetings to figure out how to handle this."
    Does anyone know how often the RCAF Board meets? Are the meeting held on a regular basis, such as once a month, once a quarter, once a year, once the fan base gets pizzed off, etc...?

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Our problem here has always been political.

This is the main difference between us and Tech. There is no disconnect between their admin and their boosters in political leanings.

There is a chasm between ours.

We want a business minded approach to growing our athletics. They want the good ole boy network to control EVERYTHING.

They like their comfy seats at the table with all the yes men cronies surrounding them in the circle jerk telling them how great they are...pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Duckster, I put together the questions I've had from past conversations with Ken Windstead and someone else recently. But apparently similar questions have been raised, or discussed off the record with certain RCAF members. Those conversations were never part of formal motions put before the board, but from private conversations. So, they are not comfortable with this being part of a public discussion before it's discussed formally with the entire RCAF board. As I've stated, I'm washing my hands of this discussion now.
    I don't think they would formally discuss things of importance to Cajun fans unless they're pushed. I don't understand how they expect support without building trust and meaningful communication.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I don't think they would formally discuss things of importance to Cajun fans unless they're pushed. I don't understand how they expect support without building trust and meaningful communication.
    I can not understand how the RCAF (which relies on donations) refuses to discuss anything with it's donors, yet expects those same donors to not only trust them, but also keep donating.

You want to know what goes on at South Alabama's Jaguar Athletic Fund meetings? Here are the minutes from the last three years of meetings: http://jaguarathleticfund.com/sports...ngs.aspx?id=19

Want to know what the TAF does with it's dollars? Here is a breakdown (catering, personnell, insurance, etc): https://www.lsutaf.org/images/CMS/Pa...tion%20AFS.pdf

...but, but, but LSU is bigger than us and that is expected of them. I know, so here is Southern Miss Athletic Foundation Financials: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...fy15-audit.pdf

Things could (and should) be so much easier than we make them. Here is a great idea: Let's run the RCAF like an NCAA Athletic Foundation and not a top secret social club.

I can not understand how the RCAF (which relies on donations) refuses to discuss anything with it's donors, yet expects those same donors to not only trust them, but also keep donating.

You want to know what goes on at South Alabama's Jaguar Athletic Fund meetings? Here are the minutes from the last three years of meetings: http://jaguarathleticfund.com/sports...ngs.aspx?id=19

Want to know what the TAF does with it's dollars? Here is a breakdown (catering, personnell, insurance, etc): https://www.lsutaf.org/images/CMS/Pa...tion%20AFS.pdf

...but, but, but LSU is bigger than us and that is expected of them. I know, so here is Southern Miss Athletic Foundation Financials: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...fy15-audit.pdf

Things could (and should) be so much easier than we make them. Here is a great idea: Let's run the RCAF like an NCAA Athletic Foundation and not a top secret social club.
    So what you have found and demonstrated by providing these links (and I'm sure there are many more available) that it really is possible to be transparent and keep donors informed and UL would not actually have to re-invent the wheel! That's fabulous news!!!

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Alright. This thread is headed in the right direction. We've picked up the scent. Let's keep it goin'.
    We must focus like a laser beam on RCAF separation.

We break down that wall, we defeat Martin Hall and the good ole boy network.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    ....and UL would not actually have to re-invent the wheel! That's fabulous news!!!
    Monkey-see monkey-do is a skill most people pick up at the age of two or three years old. It's not nuclear physics.

I think the way to grow the university is to become prominent in athletics so that people know who we are, and that will result in a profitable athletic department that can help subsidize academics. Self-generated funds provide the independence to fund a med school. Law school, etc and that provides wealthy alumni that can really grow UL. That's probably how Texas A&M rose to prominence. There is this mentality that greatness in athletics will threaten institutional control. But UL's growth is stunted by the status quo. Either go for the Gold or drop down to a division with other myopic-led institutions.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well I'm going to start by helping myself. I'm not telling people what to do with their money, but I know what I'm doing with mine.
    There may be some who want to continue supporting coaches and athletes despite being concerned about the issues outlined in this thread. There is a way to do that while reducing general fund contributions. That way is to simply continue to support groups like the QB Club, Rebounders Club, Diamond club, etc. That money goes directly to whatever program you choose to support and the RCAF Board has no impact over how that is spent. Coaching staffs of each sport make that determination.

I have zero trust or confidence that my donation to those clubs won't simply be deducted from total budget applied to that sport. I DO NOT TRUST them with anything anymore.

ca c'est pas bon. They'll never get another dime. Good luck RCAF, eventually you'll run out of people to crap on.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I have zero trust or confidence that my donation to those clubs won't simply be deducted from total budget applied to that sport. I DO NOT TRUST them with anything anymore.
    THIS. I have seen it happen before with Track when Coach Lancon was here.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I have never seen it happen with Rebounders. For example, Rebounders just raised some money to help Frank Bartley participate in an overseas Christian exhibition tour. Basketball budget has not been impacted as a result of those donations.

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Idea Qualm Calm

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    just because someone is paranoid, does not prove people are not out to get them......
    my post was in reference to the paranoia of the rcaf board member.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I have never seen it happen with Rebounders. For example, Rebounders just raised some money to help Frank Bartley participate in an overseas Christian exhibition tour. Basketball budget has not been impacted as a result of those donations.
    That's not membership fees and I have seen it happen in other sports, I won't say which one out of respect for that coach but it's happened more than once. The fact that we even have to discuss ways to circumvent our own organization to donate money and not have it misused is pathetic.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    That's not membership fees and I have seen it happen in other sports, I won't say which one out of respect for that coach but it's happened more than once. The fact that we even have to discuss ways to circumvent our own organization to donate money and not have it misused is pathetic.
    Isn't that the truth? What a bunch of pathetic asz holes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast