Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Idea Qualm Calm

Blog Entries

Default Idea Qualm Calm

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Okay guys, I wanted to ask a few specific questions on the subject of RCAF and if you would support these initiatives if approved by the board. This is not a poll or a wish list, but specific ideas that cost very little other than someone's time. Turbine, please keep this thread free of outsiders and focused on the subject matter. This thread has a purpose and I want to hear as many opinions on the subject for the next few days. There is no right or wrong answers, just simply if you would support these initiatives.

1.) Do you know specifically what expenses the RCAF General Fund is used for and would you be in favor of this information being released to all current members, and revealed during donor building events?
    2.) Would you be in favor of emailing out RCAF Board monthly meeting minutes to all active members?
    3.) Would you be in favor of the U of L Foundation allowing some lesser degree of separation of RCAF and still have control of the money, but like the Arkansas State model, allow all active donors to vote for future RCAF Board members?
    4.) Would you be in favor of the RCAF Board allowing a presentation at annual events that would identify specific goals on conference realignment, outline a strategic plan with current initiatives and identifies specific needs for our athletic program to move forward?
    5.) Would you be in favor of allowing lower level donors to serve on the board that represent a segment of your membership from the working class or middle class and that are raising young families?

Please answer each question and your reason to support it or not. This is not a discussion on Scott Farmer or Dr. Savoie and what you believe they will support. Thanks
    Guys, I'm sorry to say I have received some backlash from my open discussion of transparency in this thread and was asked to back off. Apparently this thread touched a nerve with a few RCAF board members and the list is too similar to a presentation they have recently received. The feeling is that these items are best addressed behind closed doors so that some of the decision makers don't feel like they are being told what to do with RCAF.

As of today, I'm washing my hands of any RCAF discussion of this board. Good luck to them and their future endeavors with RCAF.

Guys, I'm sorry to say I have received some backlash from my open discussion of transparency in this thread and was asked to back off. Apparently this thread touched a nerve with a few RCAF board members and the list is too similar to a presentation they have recently received. The feeling is that these items are best addressed behind closed doors so that some of the decision makers don't feel like they are being told what to do with RCAF.

As of today, I'm washing my hands of any RCAF discussion of this board. Good luck to them and their future endeavors with RCAF.
    ?????

Lol these clowns, how dare the people who are actually giving the money have a say so in what's being done with it.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Important RCAF Membership Questions

"Gimme your check STFU".....sorry, no deal. Santa Claus dies on Dec. 31st

Well then, I'd say your open discussion has accomplished its most important goal. Quite enlightening, actually. Thanks T.

I guess opinions on this board carry more weight than I thought. I was under the impression this was simply a fans message board and no one in authority paid any attention to any message board chatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I guess opinions on this board carry more weight than I thought. I was under the impression this was simply a fans message board and no one in authority paid any attention to any message board chatter!
    But but but.. No one pays any attention to those trouble makers on RP.

Been saying it for years, those rubber necks can't live a minute without looking over their ______ shoulders..

As I've said, ____ RCAF, and every single one of those unichs that are legends in their own mind. The idea that money means intelligence is the most flawed thinking in the history of humanity. These idiots don't know ____ and don't WANT to know ____.

Oh and btw, we were right about our hire choice for ED. Our choice would have turned this place upside down and no one was allowing that to happen.

SBC crown jewel! Gag

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Thin skinned priques.

Z

If this doesn't say it all.

Well that just enforces my decision to no longer contribute unless major changes occur.

Back off? Cajun T, the questions regarding RCAF you put forth are reasonable. Even tame. Each promote transparency and accountability to stakeholders, whether they give $100 or $1,000 or $10,000, which should beget more RCAF stakeholders. This is the taxpayers local public university. The sooner a culture of transparency is established at the university the better. It's disrespectful to rank and file Cajun supporters by operating RCAF with half measures and not being more inclusive. There's no advantage to any organization to operate in is manner. I'm trying to remain optimistic the university is doing everything possible to advance Cajun athletics. Instead we're being left in the dark asking another question - "What might have been?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Back off? Cajun T, the questions regarding RCAF you put forth are reasonable. Even tame. Each promote transparency and accountability to stakeholders, whether they give $100 or $1,000 or $10,000, which should beget more RCAF stakeholders. This is the taxpayers local public university. The sooner a culture of transparency is established at the university the better. It's disrespectful to rank and file Cajun supporters by operating RCAF with half measures and not being more inclusive. There's no advantage to any organization to operate in is manner. I'm trying to remain optimistic the university is doing everything possible to advance Cajun athletics. Instead we're being left in the dark asking another question - "What might have been?"
    Duckster, I put together the questions I've had from past conversations with Ken Windstead and someone else recently. But apparently similar questions have been raised, or discussed off the record with certain RCAF members. Those conversations were never part of formal motions put before the board, but from private conversations. So, they are not comfortable with this being part of a public discussion before it's discussed formally with the entire RCAF board. As I've stated, I'm washing my hands of this discussion now.

We've been talking about these topics since RCAF inception. This is not really ground breaking stuff. The idea that RCAF board members would implement such matters would be ground breaking.

Blog Entries

Well. That about damn does it. This is f'ing pathetic.. I'm an alumnus and donor. NOT ONE DAMN CENT TO MY UNIVERSITY !!! I ll go a step further. WHen my 9 year old gets ready for college, she will not be going to that damn corrupt, morally bankrupt institution called the cajun mafia aka UL. F THEM

Blog Entries

ps. I would not send my damn dog to my alma matter at this point

I am also encouraging people to consider reducing or no longer contribute unless major changes take place.

Understood Cajun T. Thanks for leading the conversation on this important matter. You're writings are a good reminder of how the power of the pen is able to check those in power. Nothing you posted was unfair.

Blog Entries

I judt told my step son, soph engineering student, that he is welcomed to go to anywhere but LSwho or Mcleasts.. I would not mind a Northwestern or Nichols banner in my yard

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    "Gimme your check STFU".....sorry, no deal. Santa Claus dies on Dec. 31st
    I hear what you're saying but for me Santa Claus died at 0038 hours on 08/18/2016.

T, with respect to the last sentence of your first paragraph, does anyone really believe these items will be discussed at all, even behind closed doors? I don't.

It's almost unbelievable to me that people that are considered successful, accomplished business men/women can be so thin skinned. I've never been considered a type A personality but I've darn sure got thicker skin than these board members.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast