Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tulane Has a Road Map to Big 12 Membership

Default Re: Tulane Has a Road Map to Big 12 Membership

If UL had adequate leadership for the last several years, Cajuns would already be in CUSA and would be in the discussion for Big 14 and/or AAC.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I would guess Tulane has all the academics required but I don't see the Big 12 looking at a 24,000 seat metal stadium with no parking and minimum expansion capabilities and saying "Yeah, that's just what we need".
    They've got the super dome for bigger crowds.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    If UL had adequate leadership for the last several years, Cajuns would already be in CUSA and would be in the discussion for Big 14 and/or AAC.
    Well, at least the AAC. ...

Blog Entries

This!

Very true.

Well......the pretty girl can't even turn you down unless you ask her.

HoustonCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What do Iowa state and Kansas do for their games? That's probably what Tulane will do... But at least Tulane is in probably one of the top 5-10 recruiting hot beds in the country.
    Iowa State and Kansas have 50,000+ seat stadiums. I believe Iowa State has sellouts each game. New Orleans is a destination city, so fans may want to go every 2 years to spend the weekend. But, Tulane would not have access to the Superdome for every game and would want to host games in the new stadium. The problem is it is too small a stadium for a P5 conference. There are several P5 schools with small stadiums, but none as small as Tulane.

P5 schools with stadiums under 50,000:

Northwestern - 47,130
    TCU - 45,000
    Oregon State - 45,674
    Utah - 45,017
    BC - 44,500
    Vandy - 40,350
    Duke - 33,941
    Wash State - 32,740
    Wake Forest - 31,500
    Tulane - 23,000

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Iowa State and Kansas have 50,000+ seat stadiums. I believe Iowa State has sellouts each game. New Orleans is a destination city, so fans may want to go every 2 years to spend the weekend. But, Tulane would not have access to the Superdome for every game and would want to host games in the new stadium. The problem is it is too small a stadium for a P5 conference. There are several P5 schools with small stadiums, but none as small as Tulane.

Northwestern - 47,130
    TCU - 45,000
    Oregon State - 45,674
    Utah - 45,017
    BC - 44,500
    Vandy - 40,350
    Duke - 33,941
    Wash State - 32,740
    Wake Forest - 31,500
    Tulane - 23,000
    I'm amazed that Iowa State, a perennial nobody in college football can sell out a 50,000 seat stadium. That's the ultimate power of being in the same league as the haves. It's why Houston is currently jumping through hoops of fire with their amazingly huge balls sparkling brightly. I'm not saying we ever had a chance, but I'd like to see that kind of tenacity and aplomb from our administration, even if there was never any chance of it happening.

Northwestern - 47,130
    TCU - 45,000
    Oregon State - 45,674
    Utah - 45,017
    BC - 44,500
    Vandy - 40,350
    Duke - 33,941
    Wash State - 32,740
    Wake Forest - 31,500
    Tulane - 23,000
    In 3-4 years when they are getting big 12 revenue shares, they can easily expand....superdome in the meantime if needed. Good Leaders don't let minuscule things like that get in the way of progress...they make sht happen. Instead of sitting there thinking of reasons why they can't...they find all the reasons they can, that's how successful people think.

HoustonCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I'm amazed that Iowa State, a perennial nobody in college football can sell out a 50,000 seat stadium. That's the ultimate power of being in the same league as the haves. It's why Houston is currently jumping through hoops of fire with their amazingly huge balls sparkling brightly. I'm not saying we ever had a chance, but I'd like to see that kind of tenacity and aplomb from our administration, even if there was never any chance of it happening.
    Iowa State did stadium improvements and enlargement from 56,000 to 61,500 last year and is sold out. Kansas, not so much. In fact, Kansas has a 50,071 seat stadium but averages only about 27,000 a game. They only had less than 24,000 for their final home game vs. Kansas State and less than 27,000 vs. OU last year. They would do well to have Tulane's stadium.

Iowa State did stadium improvements and enlargement from 56,000 to 61,500 last year and is sold out. Kansas, not so much. In fact, Kansas has a 50,071 seat stadium but averages only about 27,000 a game. They only had less than 24,000 for their final home game vs. Kansas State and less than 27,000 vs. OU last year. They would do well to have Tulane's stadium.
    I can understand Kansas being in dire straits, football wise, but they don't care either way because their bread and butter is on the court. They would do well to have Tulane's stadium, but they might have requirements the Big 12 says they have to have just to play the game. I wonder if Kansas sold out their stadiums during their little run a few years back.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This!

Actually the biggest screw up was the Heymann bucks for Tulane's vote for the metro---This was the biggest ever as we would have been with the L'Ville, Memphis, S Miss, etc long ago---forgot how many years/decades ago that was!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    In 3-4 years when they are getting big 12 revenue shares, they can easily expand....superdome in the meantime if needed. Good Leaders don't let minuscule things like that get in the way of progress...they make sht happen. Instead of sitting there thinking of reasons why they can't...they find all the reasons they can, that's how successful people think.
    I don't know how miniscule a stadium seating issue is. I visited their stadium and it is wedged in a tight spot next to their baseball stadium, campus buildings and a neighborhood. It didn't look like they left any room for expansion and there is no parking. They just spent $65M on this crackerbox stadium. Their website now says it seats 30,000.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

If Tulane somehow found itself in the Big XII they would instantly have access to the Super Dome again.

I don't know how miniscule a stadium seating issue is. I visited their stadium and it is wedged in a tight spot next to their baseball stadium, campus buildings and a neighborhood. It didn't look like they left any room for expansion and there is no parking. They just spent $65M on this crackerbox stadium. Their website now says it seats 30,000.
    Expand upwards...like most stadiums out of room

Perfect footprint to build up.. Doesn't have to be 100k stadium.. Hell, for all we know, they've been posturing themselves for this and that stadium was always been to be the bottom bowl of a bigger stadium..

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They could lease out the stadium and pitch it to a MLS owner as an expansion franchise. They could make a killing off of that.

"President Turner and I have communicated to the Big 12 our interest in pursuing membership along with the reasons why we would be an excellent long-term partner," Hart said. "We feel that we belong and have assets that no one else can offer." - Rick Hart SMU Athletic Director 7/21/16

It's not rocket science. The only reason our leaders would not be out YESTERDAY contacting conferences with this simple message is because they WANT to be in the Sunbelt. Nothing else makes since.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    "President Turner and I have communicated to the Big 12 our interest in pursuing membership along with the reasons why we would be an excellent long-term partner," Hart said. "We feel that we belong and have assets that no one else can offer." - Rick Hart SMU Athletic Director 7/21/16

It's not rocket science. The only reason our leaders would not be out YESTERDAY contacting conferences with this simple message is because they WANT to be in the Sunbelt. Nothing else makes since.
    It is very important to be vocal about it so that the same request gets picked up and travels back to the Big XII over and over via different routes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post

Why they are just "prostituting themselves". The Big 12 knows where they are. Let them come to you....😆

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast