Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tulane Has a Road Map to Big 12 Membership

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Sell the attributes of your University and make the commitment that the Conference needs to hear. They have taken on the aggressive attitude that Tech took when pursuing CUSA membership. They may not get the call but I do admire them for pursuing this in an aggressive manner.
    It's all about the sales pitch coach...and the guys selling it

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Tulane Has a Road Map to Big 12 Membership

Man you wouldn't believe what a dog race this is behind the scenes......I'm gonna have fun following this.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Man you wouldn't believe what a dog race this is behind the scenes......I'm gonna have fun following this.
    They know.. There is one, maybe two boats left.. Miss it, and get left on the island to starve..

If only we had someone that could push the narrative..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    They know.. There is one, maybe two boats left.. Miss it, and get left on the island to starve..

If only we had someone that could push the narrative..
    Nope we are stuck on Gilligan's Island with the Howell's.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Baylor
    and TCU.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    and TCU.
    I knew tcu was private just wasn't sure if their academics were on the level of Baylor and Tulane.

if I had to guess, I would have thought academically it would be Tulane, TCU, then Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    if I had to guess, I would have thought academically it would be Tulane, TCU, then Baylor.
    I think it's Tulane, Baylor then TCU

I think it's Tulane, Baylor then TCU
    I think Baylor and TCU are at the same Carnegie ranking as UL.

It's all about the sales pitch coach...and the guys selling it
    I am not disagreeing, you are right about the sales pitch.... but at the risk of sounding like a broken record.... is this the best way, sales pitches, inside baseball, intangibles, etc, etc... wouldn't a point based system or some other type of out in the open process be better....

even the pro model where teams do not choose their divisions and conferences..... I realize it will never be, but i hope at least some think that is unfortunate and do not prefer the current system.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I would guess Tulane has all the academics required but I don't see the Big 12 looking at a 24,000 seat metal stadium with no parking and minimum expansion capabilities and saying "Yeah, that's just what we need".

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I would guess Tulane has all the academics required but I don't see the Big 12 looking at a 24,000 seat metal stadium with no parking and minimum expansion capabilities and saying "Yeah, that's just what we need".
    Duke doesn't haven a big problem with that in the ACC..

It's about tv anyway, and Tulane alumni are up and down the eastern seaboard.

I am not disagreeing, you are right about the sales pitch.... but at the risk of sounding like a broken record.... is this the best way, sales pitches, inside baseball, intangibles, etc, etc... wouldn't a point based system or some other type of out in the open process be better....

even the pro model where teams do not choose their divisions and conferences..... I realize it will never be, but i hope at least some think that is unfortunate and do not prefer the current system.
    We would get destroyed on a points system so we better hope it's never that

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Duke doesn't haven a big problem with that in the ACC..

It's about tv anyway, and Tulane alumni are up and down the eastern seaboard.
    But their stadium actually seats 40,000.

Tulane also has access to the Superdome which they would need for games vs. schools like Texas and OU. Gotta believe the Superdome would love to have those games. And, the Big 12 would likely love to have a presence in Louisiana and in New Orleans. Tulane may suck, but they have a shot.

Tulane also has access to the Superdome which they would need for games vs. schools like Texas and OU. Gotta believe the Superdome would love to have those games. And, the Big 12 would likely love to have a presence in Louisiana and in New Orleans. Tulane may suck, but they have a shot.
    I'm sure the Big 14 would love to have a national game at the Superdome with all 9,000 in attendance.

I'm sure the Big 14 would love to have a national game at the Superdome with all 9,000 in attendance.
    Wouldn't happen because Texas alone would bring 30,000 and a lot of fan interest. Problem is, Tulane's on-campus high school stadium only seats about 23,000. OK for games vs. UConn who brings no fans. I'll bet there will be an overflow crowd for UL's game this year. What would be interesting is what does Tulane do for games vs. Iowa State or Texas Tech or Kansas? Likely to see the 9,000 fans you mentioned for those games. The Big 12 had better take a close look at that before extending an invitation to join.

We would get destroyed on a points system so we better hope it's never that
    good point. but I usually am not one to be for something only if it helps us. ... also we might be the only one to deduct our own points, or forget to turn them in, lol

Wouldn't happen because Texas alone would bring 30,000 and a lot of fan interest. Problem is, Tulane's on-campus high school stadium only seats about 23,000. OK for games vs. UConn who brings no fans. I'll bet there will be an overflow crowd for UL's game this year. What would be interesting is what does Tulane do for games vs. Iowa State or Texas Tech or Kansas? Likely to see the 9,000 fans you mentioned for those games. The Big 12 had better take a close look at that before extending an invitation to join.
    What do Iowa state and Kansas do for their games? That's probably what Tulane will do... But at least Tulane is in probably one of the top 5-10 recruiting hot beds in the country.

good point. but I usually am not one to be for something only if it helps us. ... also we might be the only one to deduct our own points, or forget to turn them in, lol
    I think you need to start living in a world of reality that you will never make it fair...it just isn't and it never will be...things become so much clearer when you acknowledge that. You can't change the game, you need to learn how to play it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast