Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: BIG 12 leaning towards

Blog Entries

Default Re: BIG 12 leaning towards

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Repeat post again and again and again

so how are their facilities better---just asking!!!

As far as I'm concerned some but not all of their facilities are better.

However unlike others thoughts, facilities will not hold any school back. A lack of expressed desire and passion will.

Well take the schools that are being considered and compare their facilities---Now I could be wrong but from what I have seen or heard ---our baseball to be and softball are as good or better than these schools---We have a great IPF and APC---A great basketball arena that could host a Big 12 type game---The FB stadium will hold I think 55-60K and that will be enough for this type of game---lets compare!!!

By the other schools comment, I was thinking of our announcing a desire to get in the BIG 12---Which schools in the state would be helping that out? Even though it would be great for the state, how much funding would they be willing to give UL???

Why should the state give UL money to join any conference? I don't want to pay Tech's bills.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: BIG 12 leaning towards

I've read the post. Here is the original post in which you go nutz about other schools doing everything possible to sabotage our so called efforts to escape the SBC for the Big XII. More of your nonsense about how great we are, but for the others.

Go ahead read your nonsense, read it:

(-I would sure hope Big12---But I really think ( REALLY ) that every school in Louisiana would be against it---that they would try to influence their reps and do everything possible to prevent it---oh and yes I could be wrong, but I really think that to be the case

If we can keep growing our enrollment in both undergrad and grad, we will keep getting more to the general fund based upon enrollment numbers and the formula of distribution---Same old Same old---LSU pushing us down and the rest trying to pull us down

This is why I hate all the rest of the state schools !!!)

It's them not us, right?

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Repeat post again and again and again

so how are their facilities better---just asking!!!

They have better overall Boomer. Now, we will be comparable if and when Cajun Field is renovated. They also don't have a President who refuses to fully fund the Athletic Dept.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This University does not properly fund College Athletics. Conferences don't give a damn how the money is aquired. They look at total budget. More with less doesn't mean a damn thing to them.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    This University does not properly fund College Athletics. Conferences don't give a damn how the money is aquired. They look at total budget. More with less doesn't mean a damn thing to them.
    ---I think that the only funding would be a little from the general as this is a limited amount---we need the student fees as has been discussed so many times on here---the RCAF and self generated funds are other avenues

We are currently not using any State funds and it will stay that way.

We are currently not using any State funds and it will stay that way.
    ---Can't argue as I don't know --- but I think T_joe when he was the top dog in the state passed a rule that maybe 6% of the general fund could be used from athletics increasing from the 3%---In fact I had thought that McNeese and others voted against it cause UL had a big advantage because of our much greater general fund budget---anyway I thought that we were using not the full amount but was getting much more from outside revenue generated funds---I don't know but maybe somebody can tell us!!

---Can't argue as I don't know --- but I think T_joe when he was the top dog in the state passed a rule that maybe 6% of the general fund could be used from athletics increasing from the 3%---In fact I had thought that McNeese and others voted against it cause UL had a big advantage because of our much greater general fund budget---anyway I thought that we were using not the full amount but was getting much more from outside revenue generated funds---I don't know but maybe somebody can tell us!!
    I got this from the horses mouth Boomer....we are not using State funds

I got this from the horses mouth Boomer....we are not using State funds
    ---OK--so we are not using any of the total school budget towards athletics even though all the rest of the schools in the state except LSU use up to 6% of their total budget---Would this explain why when the legislator this past year wanted to cut all travel from minor sports or travels over a certain distance and only LSU and UL would have been excluded??? Anybody know how much we got from the self generated funds and how much the 6% would have been???

So we are a self sufficient athletic department? Serious question. I thought there were only like 10 in the country who didn't recieve any subsidies?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Internal generated funds outside of from the athletic department. Not self sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    So we are a self sufficient athletic department? Serious question. I thought there were only like 10 in the country who didn't recieve any subsidies?
    No....we are using auxillary funds collected by the University. It is still considered a subsidy it's just not funding from State tax dollars.

---OK--so we are not using any of the total school budget towards athletics even though all the rest of the schools in the state except LSU use up to 6% of their total budget---Would this explain why when the legislator this past year wanted to cut all travel from minor sports or travels over a certain distance and only LSU and UL would have been excluded??? Anybody know how much we got from the self generated funds and how much the 6% would have been???
    Boom, remember that State Representative Carter from Baton Rouge? He tried to pass a law restricting the Athletic travel of all State Universities that used State funds to subsidize Athletics. Remember when a couple of weeks after placing the bill before committee he had to announce that UL was exempt along with LSU because we did not use State funds to subsidize Athletics?

Bear you're asking a lot from Boomer. He'll need a link. Lol

He'll figure it out....Boomer and I go back to the mid 1970's

Blog Entries

Are we sure it's 6% ?

I know in 2007 the total available was slated to jump from around $3 mil to $6 mil.

If 6% were accurate, a $150 million overall budget would be $9 million for athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Are we sure it's 6% ?

I know in 2007 the total available was slated to jump from around $3 mil to $6 mil.

If 6% were accurate, a $150 million overall budget would be $9 million for athletics.
    No I am not sure---but it must be as you stated

but I thought it was in % as we would have the big advantage!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4