Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BIG 12 leaning towards

Default Re: BIG 12 leaning towards

80 haves, 50 have nots.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It doesn't work like that...you don't recruit fun belt players to play in the big 12...you start recruiting big 12 players to play in the big 12....none of it matters because we have noshot, but this is an often misunderstood concept. You would take your lumps early but eventually you start getting those P5 level players across the board.
    ---But that is the thing that goes to the favor of UL---We already have the facilities or are very close to the best of any of these schools, we are also about tops in attendance, we have (other than the ACT deal) good academic/Athletic ratings, we are nearing tier 1 and didn't drop like LTUR in other classifications---and yes I agree that the selling is not there (or ever has been except on a brief run in the past to grow the affiliation)---remember that we went Div I and that the rest of the state didn't---thought we to be in pretty good shape then

I remember Stoke saying that we would never play McNeese again at their house)---OUR ENDOWMENT TAINT too bad to some although not even in the same class as others vying!!!

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

What's our goal Boomer.....where's the vision and leadership ahtletically?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    What's our goal Boomer.....where's the vision and leadership ahtletically?

-I would sure hope Big12---But I really think ( REALLY ) that every school in Louisiana would be against it---that they would try to influence their reps and do everything possible to prevent it---oh and yes I could be wrong, but I really think that to be the case

If we can keep growing our enrollment in both undergrad and grad, we will keep getting more to the general fund based upon enrollment numbers and the formula of distribution---Same old Same old---LSU pushing us down and the rest trying to pull us down

This is why I hate all the rest of the state schools !!!

We don't need anybody to push or pull us down. We can accomplish all of our goals right where we are!

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

-I would sure hope Big12---But I really think ( REALLY ) that every school in Louisiana would be against it---that they would try to influence their reps and do everything possible to prevent it---oh and yes I could be wrong, but I really think that to be the case

If we can keep growing our enrollment in both undergrad and grad, we will keep getting more to the general fund based upon enrollment numbers and the formula of distribution---Same old Same old---LSU pushing us down and the rest trying to pull us down

It won't matter Boomer.....he doesn't give us all the money we are entitled too in Athletics anyway.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Total narcissism. All our problems lie at our own meek feet. You really need to grow up and quit fearing the boggie man.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Total narcissism. All our problems lie at our own meek feet. You really need to grow up and quit fearing the boggie man.
    ---And that is why we are by law the University of Louisiana and must always add Lafayette

No fear, but aware of the truth

history records the moments of this display by schools!

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No doubt the judge found a way to justify the verdict he was handing out regardless. We didn't appeal.

Boomer 90% of our issues are self imposed. It's okay to be aware of some injustice. To focus on those is narcistic. When 90% of our problems are McNesse and others in the ULS we will all know we're doing our business.

Like Robe, like Loteif, like Hud say. Let's focus on us. We can't do a damed thing about them.

Blog Entries

No doubt the judge found a way to justify the verdict he was handing out regardless. We didn't appeal.

Boomer 90% of our issues are self imposed. It's okay to be aware of some injustice. To focus on those is narcistic. When 90% of our problems are McNesse and others in the ULS we will all know we're doing our business.

Like Robe, like Loteif, like Hud say. Let's focus on us. We can't do a damed thing about them.
    No law says you can drive 54 in a 55, was his logic given against the name change.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No law says you can drive 54 in a 55, was his logic given against the name change.
    Apparently there is a different definition of logic in legal studies..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    Apparently there is a different definition of logic in legal studies..
    Yes, his logic played hopscotch in 1984

Keep living in the past.....our problems TODAY are 95% self made. Quit blaming others that you have no control over anyway.

---But that is the thing that goes to the favor of UL---We already have the facilities or are very close to the best of any of these schools, we are also about tops in attendance, we have (other than the ACT deal) good academic/Athletic ratings, we are nearing tier 1 and didn't drop like LTUR in other classifications---
    You are saying this about us versus the teams that are currently being considered for the Big 12?? I don't even know what to say about that statement. You need to come back to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Keep living in the past.....our problems TODAY are 95% self made. Quit blaming others that you have no control over anyway.

You are saying this about us versus the teams that are currently being considered for the Big 12?? I don't even know what to say about that statement. You need to come back to reality.
    Well take the schools that are being considered and compare their facilities---Now I could be wrong but from what I have seen or heard ---our baseball to be and softball are as good or better than these schools---We have a great IPF and APC---A great basketball arena that could host a Big 12 type game---The FB stadium will hold I think 55-60K and that will be enough for this type of game---lets compare!!!

By the other schools comment, I was thinking of our announcing a desire to get in the BIG 12---Which schools in the state would be helping that out? Even though it would be great for the state, how much funding would they be willing to give UL???

Ragin' Cajuns Re: BIG 12 leaning towards

Boomer, you actually never say anything, you just hang statements out there for interpretation. Your actual statement was something to the effect ULS schools would actively attempt to sabotage us.

Pay attention to reality, it's about our own failings.

Did you really just say you wonder how much MONEY THEY WOULD GIVE UL to join the Big XII. I would expect zero dollars from Brokeback U, and others.

Boomer said( Which schools in the state would be helping that out? Even though it would be great for the state, how much funding would they be willing to give UL???)

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Boomer; let's do compare. But not facilities. Let's compare Presidents and ADs with, say, Houston, Memphis, BYU, Cincinnatti and Colorado State.

All those also have better facilities as well, but let's talk leadership instead.

I don't even think I need to put anything down for most folks to get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Boomer; let's do compare. But not facilities. Let's compare Presidents and ADs with, say, Houston, Memphis, BYU, Cincinnatti and Colorado State.

All those also have better facilities as well, but let's talk leadership instead.

I don't even think I need to put anything down for most folks to get the point.
    Repeat post again and again and again

so how are their facilities better---just asking!!!

Boomer, you actually never say anything, you just hang statements out there for interpretation. Your actual statement was something to the effect ULS schools would actively attempt to sabotage us.

Pay attention to reality, it's about our own failings.

Did you really just say you wonder how much MONEY THEY WOULD GIVE UL to join the Big XII. I would expect zero dollars from Brokeback U, and others.

Boomer said( Which schools in the state would be helping that out? Even though it would be great for the state, how much funding would they be willing to give UL???)

---Go read the post --- think about past history and the efforts of other state schools to hinder our progress

it was pointed out what we are doing well in advancing in other areas that might be considered for conference change===go read the post!!!

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: BIG 12 leaning towards

Start with Colorado State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0f_pT6vSc

Google is your friend, Boomer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast