_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 104

Thread: Erath's Elijah Mitchell commits to Louisiana

  1. #1
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,669

    UL Football Erath's Elijah Mitchell commits to Louisiana

    Elijah Mitchell RB from Erath commits the the Cajuns. The kid is pretty damn good. Probably the 2nd best Acadiana area RB.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,871

    Default Re: New Commit

    The Prophet 2.0?


  3. #3
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    The Prophet 2.0?
    More like a Fenroy. Not sure we will see a McGuire type back again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,118
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New Commit

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    More like a Fenroy. Not sure we will see a McGuire type back again.
    We need to enjoy this year.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,862

    Default Re: New Commit

    Imagine Zo with 4.4 speed.

    This is Mitchell.

    He is a beast in the weightroom and a tremendous young man. Very unselfish.

    If he stays committed to Louisiana, it will be one heck of a recruiting job by Hud because the P5 schools are starting to figure out who he is. He has already turned down big name offers and more are on the way.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Imagine Zo with 4.4 speed.

    This is Mitchell.

    He is a beast in the weightroom and a tremendous young man. Very unselfish.

    If he stays committed to Louisiana, it will be one heck of a recruiting job by Hud because the P5 schools are starting to figure out who he is. He has already turned down big name offers and more are on the way.
    Smaller than Zo and doesn't have 4.4 speed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,010

    Default Re: New Commit

    Watch him play last year

    Glad he is coming here not Ryan street High like most players from Erath


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,862

    Default Re: New Commit

    Smaller than Zo and doesn't have 4.4 speed.
    wrong

    He has put on considerable weight since last football season, and that 4.4 time is as of a couple weeks ago.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    wrong

    He has put on considerable weight since last football season, and that 4.4 time is as of a couple weeks ago.
    He is listed at 5'11" 200 LB's... Did he grow 4 inches?

  10. #10
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He is listed at 5'11" 200 LB's... Did he grow 4 inches?
    Last I heard he was 6'1" and 205. I don buy the 4.4, but he is fast. Legit 4.4 is McGuire fast.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Last I heard he was 6'1" and 205. I don buy the 4.4, but he is fast. Legit 4.4 is McGuire fast.
    I'm certainly not knocking him or anything, heard nothing but good things, just saw what is on his current Hudl page.

  12. #12
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,932

    Default Re: New Commit

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Elijah Mitchell RB from Erath commits the the Cajuns. The kid is pretty damn good. Probably the 2nd best Acadiana area RB.
    Excellent news.

  13. #13
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'm certainly not knocking him or anything, heard nothing but good things, just saw what is on his current Hudl page.
    Oh I think he is one of the Top 5 RBs in Louisiana and number 2 in Acadiana. I'm very glad he has committed to us. Would be huge to keep him through signing day.

    I think Travis Etienne from Jennings is easily the #1 RB in the state.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,080

    Default Re: New Commit

    Mitchell is 5' 11" 205lbs. 4.55 40yd dash


  15. #15
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Mitchell is 5' 11" 205lbs. 4.55 40yd dash
    Sounds and looks about right.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,080

    Default Re: New Commit

    I will tell you from watching this guy many times. He loves to work out and improve. Good head on his shoulders. He is still growing. The ceiling for this kid is very high.


  17. #17
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    I will tell you from watching this guy many times. He loves to work out and improve. Good head on his shoulders. He is still growing. The ceiling for this kid is very high.
    Agreed.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,827

    Default Re: New Commit

    Hope he turns out to be a good one. Judging from his hudl film, which I know is a small sample size, he won't be on the level of Zo/Eli/Fen. I'd love to be wrong about this one.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,871

    Default Re: New Commit

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    More like a Fenroy. Not sure we will see a McGuire type back again.
    Should clarify, my comment was about their names being so similar not skill set.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: New Commit

    I couldn't care less about his measurables. The kid can play ball in a big way and that's all that matters. Glad he's committed and I hope he sticks to it.


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •