Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Big 12 just voted to expand to 14

Default Re: Big 12 just voted to expand to 14

La Tech to the Big 12 makes since. Baylor needs a sexual assualt travel partner.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Can't get to Big XII from CUSA,SBC, or new SWC. They need to push for AAC first. Wouldn't surprise me if they pulled that off

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    I'm sure Mohajir would jump on an opportunity to do that...the problem is that to do that involves convincing a bunch of those CUSA West schools that they actually made a deep mistake leaving the original SBC.

Not to mention, La Tech would have to cast aside their Big 12 aspirations first. There is a better chance of Scott Farmer choosing to go on a soul searching hike through the Mohave desert, and getting lost and eventually eaten by Coyotes frankly.
    Seems like we would have to convince teams that with the small amount of TV revenue each conference is now getting, it is better to split the SBC and CUSA into Western and Eastern based conferences as in their best interests. If you can't get the TV revenue, lower travel costs, create closer rivalries where fans can actually travel to away games increasing attendance and gate revenue.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Traveling to your conference mates vastly overrated. Doubt a thousand fans travel even to close rivals at best.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Traveling to your conference mates vastly overrated. Doubt a thousand fans travel even to close rivals at best.
    It's a serious upgrade and proactive approach over where we are and might end up.

Just saying travel to away games is overblown. I've yet to drive two hours to USA a school I consider a rival, and I ehjoy Mobile.

I'm not alone. Does anyone have numbers for our LTUR away game last time? Not too impressive I'd bet.

Just saying travel to away games is overblown. I've yet to drive two hours to USA a school I consider a rival, and I ehjoy Mobile.

I'm not alone. Does anyone have numbers for our LTUR away game last time? Not too impressive I'd bet.
    We brought a couple thousand and I'd bet it's one of their top attended games. If you played it every year it would increase each year.

So that's one. Used to go to USM games. Probably around a thousand over there.

So that's one. Used to go to USM games. Probably around a thousand over there.
    Well, if attendance doesn't drive things, think in terms of being in a conference with schools we would prefer to be associated with and perception.

That I'm buying. Traveling not important.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Travel costs for Olympic Sports enters into it

It's almost certain to be UH and BYU as they are the clear front runners ... B12 coaches were polled.

Gee, I thought it was the presidents and AD's making the call.

That I'm buying. Traveling not important.
    Traveling for the teams is very important...paying for your volleyball team to fly all over the country doesn't make good business sense financially.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The Presidents make the call

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    It's almost certain to be UH and BYU as they are the clear front runners ... B12 coaches were polled.
    Houston isn't getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Traveling for the teams is very important...paying for your volleyball team to fly all over the country doesn't make good business sense financially.
    Thought he was taking fan interest. Again this is a different argument.

Thought he was taking fan interest. Again this is a different argument.
    You decrease travel costs for your teams and will naturally increase revenue at the gate building regional rivalries...while the revenue from attendance wouldn't be a huge jump it would still be an Increase in revenue while decreasing your expenses....both going in the direction you want If we played in a conference with Tulane, USA, latech, usm, rice,stAte, TXST,UTSA, UNT

Gee, I thought it was the presidents and AD's making the call.
    Oh ... I forgot ... just like our President and AD chose the Sunbelt.

But the coaches have significant input ... that's reason why they were polled, but you are right only the Presidents vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    La Tech to the Big 12 makes since. Baylor needs a sexual assualt travel partner.
    😂😂😂😂😂

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast