Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Big 12 just voted to expand to 14

Default Re: Big 12 just voted to expand to 14

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I consider BYU and Cincinnati a lock. After that who knows
    I think that one of either USF or UCF is also a lock as well.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They are being looked at. Others include Memphis, UCONN, Houston and Colorado St. Those are the schools I've been told about so far.

They are being looked at. Others include Memphis, UCONN, Houston and Colorado St. Those are the schools I've been told about so far.
    http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...e90608842.html

CSU, BYU, Cincy, and 1 of the following: Memphis, USF, UCF, and don't rule out a surprise "theft" from another Power 5 conference...

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Default Re: Big 12 votes to expand

XM College Network reporting Commish Bolsby recommended expansion and members did vote to expand to 12 possibly 14...candidates to be vetted by Commish. This will have a trickle down effect. No other news source yet.
    ..and I predict that it will not reach the SBC, and that CUSA will not add anyone to replace any member lost.

"Commissioner Bob Bowlsby was told to evaluate the interest of the schools that have contacted the Big 12 about joining, conference official David Boren said Tuesday in a conference call with reporters."

I copied this this sentence from the article linked in the previous post. I think it is clear that various schools have contacted the Big 12 and expressed interest in joining their conference. I wonder just how many conferences UL has actually contacted and expressed "strong" interest in joining? Also, how much follow up has been done and how persistent we have been? It's starting to look like it will be now or never.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post

CSU, BYU, Cincy, and 1 of the following: Memphis, USF, UCF, and don't rule out a surprise "theft" from another Power 5 conference...

--Why do I have a suspicion that the other Big 12ers from Texas are not for Houston getting in their league??? I think that there is this outside image of schools wanting their choices for entry based upon quality of the institution, and it is really their fear of how their entry could harm their program with the competition they bring

So I have this suspicion when it comes to S Miss, LTUR, and Tulane with maybe the Rice, Memphis , and possibly other guys!!!Love to have been/to be in these meetings!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    ..and I predict that it will not reach the SBC, and that CUSA will not add anyone to replace any member lost.
    CUSA will not survive this..

Don't worry guys I'm sure Farmer will get the pinky swear next week at media days and it will be all good...together we rise...nobody is gonna leave

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Farmer Watch day 37 tomorrow
    We need to make this a daily thread.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

--Why do I have a suspicion that the other Big 12ers from Texas are not for Houston getting in their league??? I think that there is this outside image of schools wanting their choices for entry based upon quality of the institution, and it is really their fear of how their entry could harm their program with the competition they bring

So I have this suspicion when it comes to S Miss, LTUR, and Tulane with maybe the Rice, Memphis , and possibly other guys!!!Love to have been/to be in these meetings!!!

BYU, Colorado St, Cincinatti and Memphis. You can book it.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post

Nobody would leave another P5 league to join that ____-show.

Intentional derailment of athletics. If you can't see it, you're blind as f
    I was supposed to keep this underwraps from my source, but I was told that STM will be at SunBelch media days with the intent on pitching the commish for an invite once the Cajuns "advance" to the Southland.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Intentional derailment of athletics. If you can't see it, you're blind as f
    I was supposed to keep this underwraps from my source, but I was told that STM will be at SunBelch media days with the intent on pitching the commish for an invite once the Cajuns "advance" to the Southland.
    I think the Sun Belt goes for Notre Dame (Crowley) first. Of course, STM has the market size so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I think the Sun Belt goes for Notre Dame (Crowley) first. Of course, STM has the market size so who knows.
    That's funny shtt.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That's funny shtt.
    All good brother... You'd get Louie Cook back at Cajun Field every other year if we get ND @ Crowley

Z

Not what I've heard from folks with National College Football connections Chief.
    Wow...they must be desperate.

The issue is, I don't think we'd honestly take an invite. It's about 4 million in Entry and Exit fees to move, plus increased travel. The only way CUSA expands involves losing teams, and frankly, the Sun Belt as currently constructed is a far superior league to a CUSA missing Marshall and Southern Miss.

Now, if CUSA decided they wanted you guys, App, Georgia Southern, and South Alabama to come too...and we could then cut the Florida Schools and the dead weight over there..we'd happily sign up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    All good brother... You'd get Louie Cook back at Cajun Field every other year if we get ND @ Crowley

Z
    Cook will be coaching the Cajuns once we have to slash the head coaches salary so the New Tigue doesn't get repossessed.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post

The issue is, I don't think we'd honestly take an invite. It's about 4 million in Entry and Exit fees to move, plus increased travel. The only way CUSA expands involves losing teams, and frankly, the Sun Belt as currently constructed is a far superior league to a CUSA missing Marshall and Southern Miss.

Now, if CUSA decided they wanted you guys, App, Georgia Southern, and South Alabama to come too...and we could then cut the Florida Schools and the dead weight over there..we'd happily sign up for that.
    Certainly not saying stAte would accept....monetarily I don't think it's worth it either. I was merely stating that you are being talked about

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post

Why don't Ark State and UL look into the formation of a western based conference as was previously suggested by Oiler (something similar to this), assuming Colorado State goes to the Big 12, UTEP to MWC, and S. Miss & Marshall go to the AAC:

Ark State, LA Tech, N. Texas, MTSU, WKU, UAB
    Louisiana, USA, Rice, UTSA, TX State, NMSU

On second thought, maybe your AD should start this. We can't seem to find ours.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Why don't Ark State and UL look into the formation of a western based conference as was previously suggested by Oiler (something similar to this), assuming Colorado State goes to the Big 12, UTEP to MWC, and S. Miss & Marshall go to the AAC:

Ark State, LA Tech, N. Texas, MTSU, WKU, UAB
    Louisiana, USA, Rice, UTSA, TX State, NMSU

On second thought, maybe your AD should start this. We can't seem to find ours.
    I'm sure Mohajir would jump on an opportunity to do that...the problem is that to do that involves convincing a bunch of those CUSA West schools that they actually made a deep mistake leaving the original SBC.

Not to mention, La Tech would have to cast aside their Big 12 aspirations first. There is a better chance of Scott Farmer choosing to go on a soul searching hike through the Mohave desert, and getting lost and eventually eaten by Coyotes frankly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast