Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: OT: Latest Shooting Tragedy in Baton Rouge

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Case in point. The Alabama nut job that shot up the Grand Theater was committed to a mental hospital long before he got here. By law, his hand gun purchase was not legal. The dummass AL judge that committed him failed to file paperwork with ATF, allowing him to buy the hand gun he used that night.

If you think your government will keep safe, think again. They can't even get a little dinky ballpark construction job started.
    I agree. But the process is in place.

Default Re: OT: Latest Shooting Tragedy in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Where it like a badge of honor my brother.
    I believe I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    What loser on here gave me a red dot? Sign your name. I promise you that I will "red dot" you back and give my name.
    I think I know who gave me one but I'm not sure. I have never given a red dot. Green? Yes. I think I'll just continue to ignore the red dotters, not that they usually sign their names. I guess they figure they're accomplishing something. Highly unlikely they will ever change my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Apparently Congress thinks that most of those thousands of more important convos deal with others genitals, etc.

So we just stay with status quo while parents mourn kids and cops get targeted. Doesn't sound all that promising to me.

How are the laws we have in place working?!? http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...guns.html?_r=0
    Meanwhile let's stay with status quo while parents mourn kids and cops are targeted but let's just push an agenda instead of addressing the real problem. Let's blame something that was designed to operate through harsh conditions and pretend banning it would solve crazy evil people's actions.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We were all red dotted.....oh no! My life is over....😨

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: OT: Active Shooter in BR

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Let me reiterate, I am not anti gun, I am anti assault rifle. Yes criminals can get a hold of them but countries who have banned them have greatly reduced the gun violence rate. The Orlando shooter bought that gun legally. I would like my chances against a hand gun any day against an assault rifle.
    You mean like Sweden, with the lowest murder rate in Europe?

Sweden, withe the highest rate of civilian gun ownership of any European country?

Sweden, in which 68% of civilian households have a rifle?

Sweden, where there were a total of 5 rifle murders in 2013?

I'm not trying to argue. Its seems obvious that most people/posters have a set idea and that is what they follow. I think we should constantly be reviewing what we do as a person, community, society and nation. Some want to point fingers but I think there is enough blame to go around. Maybe we should stop trying to lay blame and score political "I told you so" points and figure out how to curb this issue. Because it seems like some of you say "its the way it is so we cant do anything about it". And I call BS, kids, cops and other innocents dying so that someone can have access to a 30 round _____ enhancer is complete BS.
    And I own multiple firearms and not once have I thought "I need something that will spit out 30 rounds of rifle ammo in 3 seconds so that I feel like I am 2nd Amendment enough.

Default Re: OT: Active Shooter in BR

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    You mean like Sweden, with the lowest murder rate in Europe?

Sweden, withe the highest rate of civilian gun ownership of any European country?

Sweden, in which 68% of civilian households have a rifle?

Sweden, where there were a total of 5 rifle murders in 2013?
    Do you know all of Sweden's policy and laws about those guns? Very interesting.

Default Re: OT: Active Shooter in BR

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    2014 FBI Homocide Data-Table 8 (latest available)

Handguns............5,662
    Knives..............1,567
    Personal (fist, etc)..660
    Blunt Obj.............435
    Shotgun...............262
    RIFLE.................248

Facts
    Doritos and Coca cola kill even more. Not sure of your point.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: OT: Latest Shooting Tragedy in Baton Rouge

I'm not trying to argue. Its seems obvious that most people/posters have a set idea and that is what they follow. I think we should constantly be reviewing what we do as a person, community, society and nation. Some want to point fingers but I think there is enough blame to go around. Maybe we should stop trying to lay blame and score political "I told you so" points and figure out how to curb this issue. Because it seems like some of you say "its the way it is so we cant do anything about it". And I call BS, kids, cops and other innocents dying so that someone can have access to a 30 round _____ enhancer is complete BS.
    And I own multiple firearms and not once have I thought "I need something that will spit out 30 rounds of rifle ammo in 3 seconds so that I feel like I am 2nd Amendment enough.
    Uh, no one in the US can legally own a weapon that will fire 30 rounds in 3 seconds. Only the very finest of marksmen can fire 30 rounds of aimed fire in less than a minute with any legal firearm, and that only under ideal conditions, and almost certainly not in a live firefight.

Maybe a bit nitpicking. OK 30 rounds in a minute. Not much need for ideal conditions when it is used in a school, theater or other confined space.

Our humanity is what saved us.. Our humanity is what will destroy us in the end..

The philosopher, MAT 2016

If it was described as an "ambush" does that imply more gunmen? And was the 911 call made by the shooter to lure the police to him?

Maybe a bit nitpicking. OK 30 rounds in a minute. Not much need for ideal conditions when it is used in a school, theater or other confined space.
    Unless that confined space is full of armed people who are shooting back at you.

Also, an AR is far from the ideal weapon for a confined space shooting spree. A 12 Guage tactical shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot would be much more effective.

And a previously prepared pipe bomb loaded with nails would be even more effective, and much safer for the perp.

People need to stop focusing on the weapon of choice, and start focusing on the perps.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Why is the idea that the individuals and the culture that leads to violence not an appreciable idea to you? Why are you set strictly on the murder weapons themselves? It's been explained to you why most gun bans are impractical, not just unconstitutional. They will not remove violent people that want to murder. They will not even remove the capability you think can be removed. New killing means are going to become more accessible. Homemade killing mechanisms are going to become highly available (knowledge necessary) and plentiful in design. Banning the mechanisms is futile. We have to address the root of the problem... violent people, cultures, and pandering politicians that won't confront them.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Unless that confined space is full of armed people who are shooting back at you.

Also, an AR is far from the ideal weapon for a confined space shooting spree. A 12 Guage tactical shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot would be much more effective.

And a previously prepared pipe bomb loaded with nails would be even more effective, and much safer for the perp.

People need to stop focusing on the weapon of choice, and start focusing on the perps.
    That is what I decided on for home defense...I wont miss with that shotgun

With they way the Feds control our borders....lol....you could confiscate every gun in America and I can assure you guns will pour across the border

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I agree. But the process is in place.
    True. Most would like the existing laws enforced before we add more laws that may, or may not be enforced.

You are mostly correct but you miss the point of making those weapons harder to get. If a criminal has to jump through enough legal hopes to purchase a gun, it might force them to look for alternate means and maybe get ID'd in the mean time. By your standard, we can make ALL weapons (full auto, explosives, etc) legal and it wouldnt change anything. Again, if some deranged individual, intent on doing harm, only has access to a blunt object or some "homemade killing mechanism" , I like my chances better than if he has access to a semi-auto weapon.
    I have always stated that until we treat mental illness like a disease rather than a crime, we will continue to have these issues. It will take a multiple faceted plan but saying "oh well" and throwing our hands in the air isnt cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    With they way the Feds control our borders....lol....you could confiscate every gun in America and I can assure you guns will pour across the border
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but the guns go North to South across the border. Not the other way.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast