Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: OT: Latest Shooting Tragedy in Baton Rouge

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Then why are most of these incidents carried out with an AR?
    538 is about stats and prediction. ESPN got in later.
    And no not EVERYONE believes cops should face violence, etc, unsupported. General blank statement.
    How is it that some want to blame the criminal and not the gun but have no qualms about blaming government, the pres in particular?
    Because the criminal is committing the act. The media and current government sensationalize these types of events. The gun is the method. It's not the cause.

And no not EVERYONE believes cops should face violence, etc, unsupported. General blank statement.
    How is it that some want to blame the criminal and not the gun but have no qualms about blaming government, the pres in particular?
    They aren't...do you pay attention to every incident that isn't? Does the media cover every incident that isn't? Do they even mention it unless it fits the agenda? Why was the gun not at fault For sterling getting killed in Baton Rouge? When it actually was what got him killed but where were the gun activists then? Why was nobody screaming about starling in possession of a gun?a convicted criminal with over 20 arrests. Nope...doesn't fit the agenda so let's use racist cops because that fits the agenda.

Default Re: OT: Latest Shooting Tragedy in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Because the criminal is committing the act. The media and current government sensationalize these types of events. The gun is the method. It's not the cause.
    Im not sure you can "sensationalize" mass murder and assassinations. Its intrinsically pretty sensational.
    Do you think there should not be a national conversation on gun laws? Should we just keep saying "pray for this city" and blame Obama?

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Im not sure you can "sensationalize" mass murder and assassinations. Its intrinsically pretty sensational.
    Do you think there should not be a national conversation on gun laws? Should we just keep saying "pray for this city" and blame Obama?
    We have enough gun laws in place. It's not like they give guns away. The process is in place. Criminals who circumvent the process can't legally buy a gun because they don't pass the background check. Hell I've been flagged before and had to wait 3 days for a gun and I'm in the military, never arrested and still got flagged.

No people need to wake up and start having personable accountability. No amount of gun laws will stop evil people from doing evil things. There are a Thousand more important national conversations to be had than gun laws.

Default Re: OT: Active Shooter in BR

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Often get into discussions about the next presidential election with guys at my weekly bourre' game. Not really thrilled with the choices we will have. Some have even said they don't see a reason to vote this year. I argue that's not the approach we should take. I will vote and I will vote for anyone running against Clinton, no matter whom that is. I'm more worried about what a restructured Supreme Court might do than what the next president may do.

No more politics from me today. Sad that this tragedy turned into a political discourse. Think I'll go from here to saying prayers for those affected.

Stay safe guys.
    To the anonymous red dotter whose comment was "NEVER TRUMP (your emphasis not mine). We have no idea what he will do for the court, the county (I guess you meant country) or the world.", we don't know what any candidate will do once they are in office.

I don't care for Trump. I just dislike/distrust Clinton more. My opinion is just different from yours.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

What are you talking about? I blame the president and/or media because they're humans. The criminals are humans. Blaming the gun is about like blaming Obama's TelePrompTer or blaming CNN's cameras. I blame the humans.

If you are asking why an AR is preferred over pistols that also fire just as fast as you can pull the trigger? Accuracy. You can aim a rifle more accurately and hold it more steadily. The same reason a criminal would prefer it, is why I'd rather have it against an intruder. And as someone stated, a pistol can be concealed by a criminal much easier. Back to the root... the criminals are the problem. Get off of this insidious, diversion about the weapon. It's the criminal and everything behind the criminal behavior that we need to get honest about.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    No people need to wake up and start having personable accountability. No amount of gun laws will stop evil people from doing evil things. There are a Thousand more important national conversations to be had than gun laws.
    Apparently Congress thinks that most of those thousands of more important convos deal with others genitals, etc.

So we just stay with status quo while parents mourn kids and cops get targeted. Doesn't sound all that promising to me.

How are the laws we have in place working?!? http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...guns.html?_r=0

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quit being an ___. There's a huge amount of discussion that doesn't involve focusing on gun laws or praying for the city. Obama is a HUGE failure on this specific stage. He has created more race tension and hatred than any prior president. He should be hammering black culture for a multitude of things that have set blacks back immensely. Instead, he favors blaming everyone and everything else to keep up his party's agenda.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Curious as to why Congress wont fund the CDC in order to study gun violence.
    I bet cops would much rather face a criminal with a slow firing, low capacity handgun than an AR that can shoot 30 rounds in a few seconds. The issue isn't with making some guns illegal, just harder to acquire. And its a bi-partisan issue. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ground-checks/
    See post #84

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    See post #84
    You're trying to get a guy that watched all of his favorite media talk endlessly about Sandy Hook... but won't dare show all of the killing, rape and beatings in Chicago... that would "sensationalize" his view of the world differently. He's apparently incapable of seeing how they're doing all of this. He thinks it's honest, straight forward journalism. How many "Sandy Hooks" come around in our life? Chicago is a single city, where thousands of black youth have no chance daily. And they have a gun ban. But let's go back to Sandy Hook. Let's not believe he could have fire bombed the kids. Nope... it's the weapon... not the criminally insane guy.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Got a red dot for this. It's pretty obvious it was from you, Beaux.

Blog Entries

What loser on here gave me a red dot? Sign your name. I promise you that I will "red dot" you back and give my name.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    To the anonymous red dotter whose comment was "NEVER TRUMP (your emphasis not mine). We have no idea what he will do for the court, the county (I guess you meant country) or the world.", we don't know what any candidate will do once they are in office.

I don't care for Trump. I just dislike/distrust Clinton more. My opinion is just different from yours.
    Where it like a badge of honor my brother.

The LibTards have even infiltrated RP!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Thanks for your approval, now get lost.

Z
    Di+kweed red dotter. My green dot balance is like my credit score.. Remarkable.. Red dot me all you want, tool.

LMAO!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We have enough gun laws in place. It's not like they give guns away. The process is in place. Criminals who circumvent the process can't legally buy a gun because they don't pass the background check. Hell I've been flagged before and had to wait 3 days for a gun and I'm in the military, never arrested and still got flagged.
    Case in point. The Alabama nut job that shot up the Grand Theater was committed to a mental hospital long before he got here. By law, his hand gun purchase was not legal. The dummass AL judge that committed him failed to file paperwork with ATF, allowing him to buy the hand gun he used that night.

If you think your government will keep safe, think again. They can't even get a little dinky ballpark construction job started.

What them dots mean? I got a red one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    It means you were right and they had no argument to your points

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    You see that green chain of dots below your username? That means you have a fully loaded magazine of smart bullets. Don't worry about "red dots". If you're someone with a fully loaded magazine, you'll get reloads. You were probably attacked by a dumb poster that's upset because you shoot smart bullets. They're trying to get Turbine to ban large magazines of smart bullets. They don't realize... it's the smart poster... not the green dots. But they blame the green dots.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast