Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: OT: Latest Shooting Tragedy in Baton Rouge

Default Re: OT: Active Shooter in BR

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Way to go America. We've successfully allowed the media and the liberal left to scramble our brains into unprecedented division. Any person that targets cops, especially for race only, should be hung in a public setting, with every news camera, iPhone, whatever in attendance and broadcast to the world. You POS want to challenge our law and order, our way of life, our heritage, our traditions?!

And the techie can shove his "assault rifle" comment up his azz. No tragedy can take place without someone rushing to push an agenda. The perp attacked the Cops. THE PERP.
    I'll rent the crane.

I hope Trump tells Obama to shove his response from today's tragedy. You're quit a few deaths too late, Mr. President. This is a result of the hornets nest you help stir.

Way to go America. We've successfully allowed the media and the liberal left to scramble our brains into unprecedented division. Any person that targets cops, especially for race only, should be hung in a public setting, with every news camera, iPhone, whatever in attendance and broadcast to the world. You POS want to challenge our law and order, our way of life, our heritage, our traditions?!

And the techie can shove his "assault rifle" comment up his azz. No tragedy can take place without someone rushing to push an agenda. The perp attacked the Cops. THE PERP.
    +1

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

2014 FBI Homocide Data-Table 8 (latest available)

Handguns............5,662
    Knives..............1,567
    Personal (fist, etc)..660
    Blunt Obj.............435
    Shotgun...............262
    RIFLE.................248

Facts

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    2014 FBI Homocide Data-Table 8 (latest available)

Handguns............5,662
    Knives..............1,567
    Personal (fist, etc)..660
    Blunt Obj.............435
    Shotgun...............262
    RIFLE.................248

Facts
    Don't let facts get in the way of an agenda...maybe we should outlaw blunt objects...they have killed almost twice the people rifles have.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Don't let facts get in the way of an agenda...maybe we should outlaw blunt objects...they have killed almost twice the people rifles have.
    When will this country adopt sensible legsitlation limiting access to fists and blunt objects?

Someone also said big trucks, do you have any stats on that, i wouldnt mind looking into that

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    When will this country adopt sensible legsitlation limiting access to fists and blunt objects?
    Never.. Because someone is benefitting from all of this..

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Someone also said big trucks, do you have any stats on that, i wouldnt mind looking into that
    1 truck 84 people just last week

True

Never.. Because someone is benefitting from all of this..
    Yep. The misery merchants actually don't want solutions. They need victims to stay in business.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Let me reiterate, I am not anti gun, I am anti assault rifle. Yes criminals can get a hold of them but countries who have banned them have greatly reduced the gun violence rate. The Orlando shooter bought that gun legally. I would like my chances against a hand gun any day against an assault rifle.
    First of all, the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting, or even defending yourself from a home invasion. We, the citizens, should have weapons capable of preventing any armed militia, including our own government, from arming against us. Second, and more critical to me... is that we are not suffering from sane people killing. When you show me how to disarm insane people, without taking guns away from lawful sane citizens... let's talk. But third... cops in large numbers want our citizenry to own and carry the weapons we currently have.

You keep talking about the extraction of guns from "war zones" with a utopian misbelief that criminals won't still get their hands on whatever weapons exist in this world. The only guns that unconstitutional laws will capture are from citizens that wouldn't ever use them illegally. Me and many many others are so F ing tired of having this stupid discussion. Gather your friends and start complaining about criminals. It is criminal minded people we need to focus on. And if it involves telling certain ethnicities or religions that their culture is F'ed up... then we need to stop worrying about their feelings and let the truth be told. Your preoccupation with a stupid gun ban angle isn't EVER going to happen... and shouldn't.

Also tell any other gun control advocate you know that if they want to EVER get solid citizens to even discuss fairly reasonable gun restrictions... get their liberal freak politicians to confess they understand the 2nd amendment... and that it isn't about hunting or preventing one intruder. Get them to preach it loudly and firmly... and once they do... a smart guy like me will allow them to bring that subject up where it might get some traction.

And last... when these cop killings or any other mass shooting occur... you spend 5000 hours hammering out how the killer is at fault... whether he used a gun, a truck, a pipe bomb, an infectious disease, an airplane, or a flame thrower. It's the F ng criminal! Got it!? The weapon doesn't kill. The F ng criminal does!

Curious as to why Congress wont fund the CDC in order to study gun violence.
    I bet cops would much rather face a criminal with a slow firing, low capacity handgun than an AR that can shoot 30 rounds in a few seconds. The issue isn't with making some guns illegal, just harder to acquire. And its a bi-partisan issue. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ground-checks/

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gu...-idUSKCN0VE1TG

Uhoh, are they really against guns? Or does the threat to take away gun drive up demand and price?

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I bet cops would much rather face a criminal with a slow firing, low capacity handgun than an AR that can shoot 30 rounds in a few seconds. The issue isn't with making some guns illegal, just harder to acquire. And its a bi-partisan issue. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ground-checks/
    Ridiculous argument. No suck thing as a slow firing pistol or slow firing rifle. They will fire as fast as you pull the trigger. A XDm 40cal with 19 rounds will fire as fast as any AR platform. Easier to conceal and just as easy to reload.

XDm is very good handgun btw.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I bet cops would much rather face a criminal with a slow firing, low capacity handgun than an AR that can shoot 30 rounds in a few seconds. The issue isn't with making some guns illegal, just harder to acquire.
    We've studied gun violence 20 times. What new information do you think there is to discover?
    Cops would rather face criminals that are blindfolded and carring a whiffle bat. What's your point? Cops, in fact, are concerned about the courts not dropping the bomb on violent criminals when they're repeat offenders. Cops are concerned that everyone believes they should face violence and not protect themselves. Cops are concerned that people think that one bad cop means 100 others are also. Cops are concerned the political leadership above them doesn't have their back.

I can make cocaine hard for you to acquire (and actually I have). But do you think it's made it too hard for a cocaine addict to acquire? Why do you think an amendment infringement will do no more than prevent a solid citizen from having a particular gun?

Default Re: OT: Latest Shooting Tragedy in Baton Rouge

Icymi, that website, 538, was created by espn-bristol

Been a stressful day today. My parents live about 1500 feet (straight line) from the scene. They've been on lock down all day. Can't get in or out. Checked on them several times, they are ok.

Then why are most of these incidents carried out with an AR?
    538 is about stats and prediction. ESPN got in later.
    And no not EVERYONE believes cops should face violence, etc, unsupported. General blank statement.
    How is it that some want to blame the criminal and not the gun but have no qualms about blaming government, the pres in particular?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast