Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Latest Shooting Tragedy in Baton Rouge

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Why are we so eager to be pro police( which by the way I am) but we hail politicians who won't vote for assault weapons bans. People wake up. These weapons shoot through cars and bullet proof vest. Protect police if you care about them. We are now asking police to go into a war zone.
    Hand guns will fire through vehicles as well. A car offers no protection except the engine block.

Also any high powered rifle and certain hand guns will penetrate through all police vest. Not just AR style rifles.

Why are we so eager to be pro police( which by the way I am) but we hail politicians who won't vote for assault weapons bans. People wake up. These weapons shoot through cars and bullet proof vest. Protect police if you care about them. We are now asking police to go into a war zone.
    There are 300 million firearms in private hands in this country. You can close every gun store tomorrow without changing one thing.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: OT: Active Shooter in BR

Lee Harvey Oswald used a bolt action rifle.....let's ban those too.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yes but a bullet proof vest and a cop car will protect a police officer against a hand gun
    Not true at all. A 9mm round will go through both doors of a police car or any non hardened vehicle for that matter. TV shows created the myth that hand guns can't go through cars.

Bullet proof vests do not provide protection against high powered rifles, only handguns. Are you advocating a ban on any centerfire rifle as has been attempted in Australia and Britain? As others have stated, it's the crazy people that are the problem not the weapons.

I think more police are going to speak out against assault rifles after Baton Rouge and Dallas. Our police are sitting ducks

My god, you are an idiot.

I think more police are going to speak out against assault rifles after Baton Rouge and Dallas. Our police are sitting ducks
    They are not assault rifles.....

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialCajun View Post
    Justification is the second worst human emotion and stops us from admitting that we are wrong, when we realize that we made a bad choice in the beginning. The worst, which most will not admit they are exercising, is hate and prejudice. We all do these things, but those that are the worst are those that completely deny that this is what drives their ignorance.
    What are you even trying to say here?

Disarming law adiding citizens only gives the advantage to criminals. See Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Bullet proof vests do not provide protection against high powered rifles, only handguns. Are you advocating a ban on any centerfire rifle as has been attempted in Australia and Britain? As others have stated, it's the crazy people that are the problem not the weapons.
    i know that. That's my point. A vest will protect against a handgun. It will not protect against a weapon meant for war combat.

Actually LEO will rail against the media and liberal agenda who are inciting hate and violence against police.

There is not arguing with a fool......you don't care about facts.....

We are a gun culture in this country and that isn't going to change. Ban all guns tomorrow and it won't matter. You would have nothing short of a civil war. "Assault rifles" are nothing but a distraction to much bigger issues. They do however allow our politicians an excuse for not spending effort, time, and money addressing those issues.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2009-2013.xls

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Disarming law adiding citizens only gives the advantage to criminals. See Chicago.
    I don't think any citizen needs simiautomatic weapons. I am not asking citizens to be disarmed. But man don't send officers into a war zone.

i know that. That's my point. A vest will protect against a handgun. It will not protect against a weapon meant for war combat.
    You are sorely misinformed and do not understand the weapons involved if you believe that.

I don't think any citizen needs simiautomatic weapons. I am not asking citizens to be disarmed. But man don't send officers into a war zone.
    By the way you are the moron pushing the agenda I was talking about

The problem isn't really the guns. The problem comes with the belief that a gun is a solution for every problem. A gun's sole purpose is taking a life, period. It does not make anyone safer.

If all you have in your toolbox is hammers, pretty soon everything looks like a nail.

An ignorant over-generalization. Do some research.

I've hunted with semi-automatic weapons my whole life. AUTOMATIC weapons are already illegal to possess by the vast majority of Americans.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast