_ _ _ _

Thread: OT: spirit of thr rule - baseball

Default OT: spirit of thr rule - baseball

(c) (1) Sleeve lengths may vary for individual players, but the sleeves of each individual player shall be approximately the same length

The above was from mlb rule 1.11....

My question concerns these compression sleeves. Granted the rule calls out specifically in an earlier paragraph, undershirts. Clearly it can be argues a compression sleeve is not part of the undershirt, but does this look of now having uneven sleeves violate the intent of the original rule?

Default Re: OT: spirit of thr rule - baseball

Baseball uniforms used to be with pants just below the knee and leggings. Now, players where baggy pants down to their ankles with no leggings that, IMO, look like crap. Anyone know when that style change took place? Seems like it would have been a pretty major thing the first time a player came out looking like that. Apparently, MLB didn't have a dress rule for that.

I agree houstoncajun..... but I don't see pants lengths addressed in the rule book. there must have been a reason to highlight sleeves and not pants.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The baggy pants is pass the ankles. In fact they are walking on the hems of the pants. That came about when they saw the shorts the basketball players were warning. Pass the knee to mid calf.

Baseball=pajama pants