_ _ _ _
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 257

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

  1. #181
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Shawn played 12 minutes, scored 6 points, and had 5 rebounds in the Sixers 2 point victory over the Lakers on Sunday night. I think that is the first NBA win he has been a part of


  2. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We are the only school in the sunbelt that have players in the NBA .. Crazy
    And still get get to the big dance

  3. #183
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,327

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't understand their PPG when he DNP on the 9th or 11th

    http://m.espn.com/nba/playergamelog?playerId=2581180
    They are counting a preseason game as part of the regular season

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,922
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    They are counting a preseason game as part of the regular season
    I did not know Shawn Long was on an NBA roster in the preseason.

    Still seems like a weird/inaccurate stat.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,314

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Maybe looking to make an offseason trade.


  6. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,148

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Shawn was the only Sixer not to see the floor last night in Portland...
    Where did they make him sit that he couldnt see it?

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,148

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    And still get get to the big dance
    Lol

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,148

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Shawn leading entire nba in three pt percentage and free throw percentage on the road


  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,922
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Shawn leading entire nba in three pt percentage and free throw percentage on the road
    Stat find of the season.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Shawn had a really good night ... 13pts, 7reb, 1 block in 15 min of play
    Dayum, that should get the right guy's attention.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,033

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long


  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,922
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Sweet

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,314

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Good for Shawn. The guy grew up in front of our eyes.


  14. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    441

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Read somewhere else that it's a two year deal still no money amount


  15. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    4,026

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Congrats to Shawn! Geaux Long!


  16. #196
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Read somewhere else that it's a two year deal still no money amount
    The NBA minimum salary is 543 thousand for this year and will be slightly higher next year. Once you sign a real contract, it is guaranteed even if you are cut. The Sixers have 15 games left which is 18% of the season. That means Shawn is guaranteed 99 thousand for the remainder of the year as 99 is 18 % of 543. Add the 99 grand to the 30 grand he received for the 10 day contract and he will earn almost 130 grand from the NBA this year. He also had one of the best D League contracts around where he probably earned close to 50 grand. If he truly has a 2 year deal (which is the remainder of this year and next year in all likelihood), he will exceed 700 thousand in the two years following his last season in college. I hope he invest it wisely. Many people who come into a lot of money quickly lose it rapidly as they do not know how to deal with so much so soon. This news does indicate he made the right decision in playing his fourth year. Many, including myself, doubted he would ever make it to the NBA and thought he should go to Europe. He proved us wrong which is something I am happy about.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Congrats to Shawn! Geaux Long!
    Yes!!!

  18. #198
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,656

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Gonna be a good one Monday night. Orlando/Philly.


  19. #199
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,569

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The NBA minimum salary is 543 thousand for this year and will be slightly higher next year. Once you sign a real contract, it is guaranteed even if you are cut. The Sixers have 15 games left which is 18% of the season. That means Shawn is guaranteed 99 thousand for the remainder of the year as 99 is 18 % of 543. Add the 99 grand to the 30 grand he received for the 10 day contract and he will earn almost 130 grand from the NBA this year. He also had one of the best D League contracts around where he probably earned close to 50 grand. If he truly has a 2 year deal (which is the remainder of this year and next year in all likelihood), he will exceed 700 thousand in the two years following his last season in college. I hope he invest it wisely. Many people who come into a lot of money quickly lose it rapidly as they do not know how to deal with so much so soon. This news does indicate he made the right decision in playing his fourth year. Many, including myself, doubted he would ever make it to the NBA and thought he should go to Europe. He proved us wrong which is something I am happy about.
    I hope he has the right person helping him financially, and not a gravy train relative. After Uncle Sam takes a big wet bite out of his azs, the remainder can diminish VERY quickly.

  20. #200
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,487

    Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

    He should take a lesson from Marshawn Lynch.


Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •