Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

Another solid night for Shawn in last night's Sixers game against Toronto. Although Philly lost by eight, Shawn had 9 points on three for five shooting in 18 minutes of action. He was 2 for 3 from beyond the three point line and added five rebounds. Those stats along with one assist, one steal and two blocks allowed him to register a plus two in the plus/minus category. I never thought he would do this well in the NBA, one of the toughest athletic fraternities in the world to break into.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tracking the Preaux Career of Shawn Long

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Another solid night for Shawn in last night's Sixers game against Toronto. Although Philly lost by eight, Shawn had 9 points on three for five shooting in 18 minutes of action. He was 2 for 3 from beyond the three point line and added five rebounds. Those stats along with one assist, one steal and two blocks allowed him to register a plus two in the plus/minus category. I never thought he would do this well in the NBA, one of the toughest athletic fraternities in the world to break into.
    He is surprisingly surprising many, if not most.

Great to see.

Default Shawn Long to Houston Rockets

Houston making moves today...Shawn was just traded to the Rockets, will join Chris Paul and James Harden...

Default Re: Shawn Long to Houston Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Houston making moves today...Shawn was just traded to the Rockets, will join Chris Paul and James Harden...
    For a second round and cash .. wow

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    For a second round and cash .. wow
    Wow.... Don't keep up with NBA but not hard to figure out they wanted him bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Wow.... Don't keep up with NBA but not hard to figure out they wanted him bad.
    Giving up a 2nd rounder in the NBA doesn't show that at all. Second round picks rarely even make NBA rosters.

Well Shawn was clearly targeted by the rockets. This isn't just a player dump.

It's going to be hard rooting for the rockets though. I can't stand "clutch city"

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Well Shawn was clearly targeted by the rockets. This isn't just a player dump.

It's going to be hard rooting for the rockets though. I can't stand "clutch city"
    Philly has a lot of draft capital invested in young bigs. I'm sure they were glad to find a deal that gave them something in return.

In that same regard, this is good for Shawn as he now wont be blocked by the bonus babies in front of him, some who are deserving and some who may be there simply because of the investment the team made in them.

Win-win

Actually did some more digging. Houston has traded for five other players like Shawn today. He may actually be included in the clippers trade

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yeah, NBA trade requirements are insane. Many times, three teams (or more) are involved. Either way, getting out of Philly may be a blessing for Shawn.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Giving up a 2nd rounder in the NBA doesn't show that at all. Second round picks rarely even make NBA rosters.
    I get it but I'm still impressed that Shawn got that type of attention. To me it says he has staying power.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I get it but I'm still impressed that Shawn got that type of attention. To me it says he has staying power.
    Yep, and his numbers back up your statement as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

Welcome to Houston, Shawn!

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

He will still have to battle just like he would have in Philly. He's not on a guaranteed contract and costs very little to waive. A trade like this may have just been to get the numbers to work, but we'll see. I'm not a CBA expert

16. UL Basketball Rockets trade for Shawn Long, Paul

Chris Paul returns to the Pelicans' division with the Houston Rockets.

Smart move by Houston. Shawn will back up Ryan Anderson. They're playing Styles mirror each other. Shawn can stretch the floor just like Anderson. Houston is preparing for a deep run in the playoffs against a team like Golden State. Guys like Sean are big guys who can shoot and match up with the, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green and Dirk Nowtiziki of the basketball word.

Good job Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Smart move by Houston. Shawn will back up Ryan Anderson. They're playing Styles mirror each other. Shawn can stretch the floor just like Anderson. Houston is preparing for a deep run in the playoffs against a team like Golden State. Guys like Sean are big guys who can shoot and match up with the, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green and Dirk Nowtiziki of the basketball word.

Good job Houston
    Doesn't look good...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...aul-salary-cap

Hopefully it works out for him in Houston...good luck Shawn!

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If it doesn't, maybe Orlando?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast