Thread: Track and Field: Ragin' Cajuns Add Aaron Batey To Track And Field Staff

1. Ragin' Cajuns Track and Field: Ragin' Cajuns Add Aaron Batey To Track And Field Staff

Aaron Batey, formerly an assistant track and field coach for the past six years at Little Rock, has been appointed to a similar position with the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns track and field team in an announcement on Wednesday by head coach Lon Badeaux.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Track and Field: Ragin' Cajuns Add Aaron Batey To Track And Field Staff

Interesting.

MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Track and Field: Ragin' Cajuns Add Aaron Batey To Track And Field Staff

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Interesting.
    How so, please share your knowledge.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    How so, please share your knowledge.
    We had a cross country/distance coach last I heard. I didn't see anything about a resignation but then again I was out of pocket for 2 weeks.

Good hire I think.

MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We had a cross country/distance coach last I heard. I didn't see anything about a resignation but then again I was out of pocket for 2 weeks.

Good hire I think.
    Ok, I do not remember seeing anything about anyone leaving either. Thanks!

My memory is suspect but I seem to remember we had one coach for both the men and women. Maybe I'm thinking of a different sport.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    My memory is suspect but I seem to remember we had one coach for both the men and women. Maybe I'm thinking of a different sport.
    We did. That is not at all uncommon in Track/Field/Cross Country.

If I remember correctly, my memory is suspect too.

Good hire I think.
    We had one who stepped aside to be with her kids more.

This guy has a very legit resume, though there was someone else who had applied I was hoping would get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Correct.

In fact, I think only when Robin Judice was practically donating her time is when we had separate men and women's distant coaches in recently history.

You won't hear anything coming from program. Head coach doesn't want coaches talking about/promoting the program.
    That said, I've heard good things about this guy. Should help the guys team, not sure if he is any good with women. Only person I know who knows him said his methods with women are suspect. Time will tell.
    Kelly LaMaison did a great job. Best of luck to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Correct.

In fact, I think only when Robin Judice was practically donating her time is when we had separate men and women's distant coaches in recently history.
    Yep!