Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RCAF "Small Potatoes"

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: RCAF "Small Potatoes"

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    While this is no doubt true for some posters, in my case it is not. I am giving less because I have been lied to by the folks in Martin Hall and on Rhinehardt. I am giving them a one year opportunity to rectify their untruths before shutting down my donations completely.
    Ditto.

I cut my donation in a 1/3 recently. I don't claim to know all the ins-and-outs of what goes on in the athletic department, but there are plenty of people who I know personally on this board who are up in arms. With that in mind, as I prioritize my own budget, I have trouble justifying dumping money into something like that. That doesn't make me any less of a fan. My hunch is that there are a lot of people out there making a similar evaluation of their own donation right now.

By the way, I got a nice "thank you for your donation" letter after I cut my donation. Seemed to be an odd message to a donor.

sorry if dumb question...... since I am neither(since I don't live in area), what is the difference between a priority season ticket and a (regular?) season ticket?

$5,000 RCAF $20,000 TAF
    Paid for Scott Farmer's NOLA Bowl bonuses
    Deciding vote on not hiring Steve Hale
    Use influence to keep the status quo

Blog Entries

Wow, this says a lot!

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    sorry if dumb question...... since I am neither(since I don't live in area), what is the difference between a priority season ticket and a (regular?) season ticket?
    Priority seats are the ones you have to pay a fee besides the ticket price.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Wow, this says a lot!
    Turn on your sarcasm meter. You must have turned it off by accident. lol

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Don't you have to pay a fee for all baseball tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    No clue. I don't do baseball. My outfield GA seats for softball were, IIRC, without fee.

Thank you

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I believe baseball requires a fee to buy grandstand tickets but not outfield tickets. Note this fees are paid to RCAF. They are tax deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I believe baseball requires a fee to buy grandstand tickets but not outfield tickets. Note this fees are paid to RCAF. They are tax deductible.
    Correct.
    And as for my fan stats..
    No including meals and fuel and merch..
    The last 3 years of support I've passed along to Louisiana and its Atheltics: 13% of my annual income. That's personal donations. My business has kicked in an extra 8% of net income.

That should say enough.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Bleacher season tickets also require a donation to baseball. I'm sure the roof people will be surprised they should have been paying a fee for those outfield seats.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Correct.
    And as for my fan stats..
    No including meals and fuel and merch..
    The last 3 years of support I've passed along to Louisiana and its Atheltics: 13% of my annual income. That's personal donations. My business has kicked in an extra 8% of net income.

That should say enough.
    That's pretty admirable. You're obviously a generous person.

But I must ask: how do you give so much when you saw the football team falling apart 2 years ago, the basketball team being locked in a bad long term contract, and believe that the the whole administration is incompetent and tearing down the program?? That's love right there.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post

But I must ask: how do you give so much when you saw the football team falling apart 2 years ago, the basketball team being locked in a bad long term contract, and believe that the the whole administration is incompetent and tearing down the program?? That's love right there.
    Ouch!!! Take it easy on the tenderfoot!!

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I have bleacher seats for baseball and I pay fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    Ouch!!! Take it easy on the tenderfoot!!
    I didn't intend for it to come across mean. That really is impressive, I certainly can't knock him bc I don't give that.

Aside from the tax benefits, it's not hard (to support our Athletes and coaches). I'm lucky enough that my family just enjoys being around the stadium and the Tigue. Our past time is traveling and a few years ago, I was able to convince the family that it would be cool to plan some trips around Cajun sporting events. The rest is history. (btw, this year in Houston was probably the best one yet. When we are invited back, I strongly recommend it).

To be honest, I didn't realize it was that much. We live close and are almost always at the ball park. With Hud, I believe in the man. I crushed him last year, and my confidence has wavered, but I can't yank my support because of one bad year. I don't give much to Bob, but basketball is further down my list of favorite sports to attend. Baseball gets a lot of my greenbacks. (Forgot to mention that about 3% of that figure was probably spent of drinking with Mel).

About RCAF and admin: You can go back and read my post history. I've begun giving to individual sports after the Hale situation, Farmer ____ ups, and the like. Believe it or not, I was a Savoie guy. Actually, I am a Savoie guy. This summer has been troubling so far and I hope he comes out clean, but this RCAF separation thing is a huge deal.

But I must ask: how do you give so much when you saw the football team falling apart 2 years ago, .
    isn't that when they "need" more?

I have bleacher seats for baseball and I pay fees.
    Doesn't priority seating mean you have a set seat? You can buy General Admission season tickets, which guarantees you a seat, but not an exact seat. I could be wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast