Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RCAF "Small Potatoes"

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default RCAF "Small Potatoes"

I have to give fellow poster Brock Meaux credit for this idea. In the past, I have heard others stating that the opinion of those on Ragin Pagin doesn't mean much, doesn't sway the policy makers or "they aren't giving that much to the University anyway". Well, I'm going to let them know what I'm giving to the University. I'm not going to put a money figure on my donations but they will know that by what I post. I invite all of you to do the same.....
    - RCAF unrestricted donation Athletic Director Circle level
    - RCAF restricted donations to Football recruiting and Supplements fund.
    - 4 Football priority season tickets
    - 4 basketball priority season tickets
    - alumni Association donation matched by my wife's Corporation
    - Scholarship in my Father's name to the UL Business school...
    I really would like to see everyone who donates on any level or has withdrawn their donations post here......we may be considered "small potatoes" by some but I've yet to see a stadium filled by millionaires......Geaux Cajuns

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: RCAF "Small Potatoes"

I'm a small potatoes guy. Still giving mostly to the general fund. Foolishly hoping they'll do the right thing.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: RCAF "Small Potatoes"

RCAF charter member, $1000+ for several years, this year $500.
    4 priority football season tickets.
    4 priority basketball season tickets
    Several supplement fund donations.
    4 softball season tickets.
    Tailgate spot.
    Donation to baseball for security system.
    Maximum allowable priority seats for every bowl.
    maximum allowable priority seats for every home regional and super regional.

Blog Entries

All Cajun RCAF donation for a few years investing since 2010
    5 football season tickets
    Tailgating spot
    Donated to the softball hitting facility

I have been unimpress with our athletic leadership for a while and will wait for this outcome before donating this year.

Charter RCAF member
    Currently $500, dropped from $1,000 this year due to disappointment with leadership
    Yearly Alumni Association donation
    5 football season tickets
    2 basketball season tickets
    Tailgating spot
    Purchased allotment for every football bowl game, multiple purchases of post-season tickets for men's and women's basketball, softball, and baseball
    We try to travel to at least one away game a year

It's meager, but it's what I have.

RCAF donation $500
    5 priority football seats
    4 priority basketball seats
    1 softball seat (total 4)
    Tailgate spot

I use to own 25 corporate seat for football for friends most have joined the rack and buy season tickets on their own.
    I get 25+ GA tickets at homecoming for family and friends every year
    My party have average over 50 bowl tickets each year
    I love this university wish I could do more.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Have not given a dime in 2016 in protest of this "jackassery" At one time, in the recent past, I had 2 season tickets for football, tailgate spot, $700-800 per year RCAF. Donated time and money whenever called upon...peanut butter for training table when Coach Witt got here, supplement program for HUDs guys, money for cameras at baseaball facility because Tonys expensive equip kept getting stolen... I cant remember it all. Im out, until _____ changes.

Z

RCAF member since 2010, $1000+ for several years, this year 50% reduction, next year minimum to retain tailgate spot.
    4 priority football season tickets.
    4 baseball season tickets
    Tailgate spot.
    Maximum allowable priority seats for every bowl.
    Maximum allowable priority seats for every home regional and super regional.

-Charter Member of RCAF at the All American level ($2,500.00+) since year #1.
    -4 Priority Football season tickets.
    -4 Priority Basketball season tickets.
    -2 Priority Baseball season tickets.
    -Member of the Diamond Club.
    -Member of the Alumni Association.
    -2 Football Tailgating spots (shared with a Krewe).
    -Do Not have Softball season tickets, but attend several games each season and NCAA Regionals and Super Regionals hosted by UL.
    -Purchased maximum number of tickets and attended all 4 NOLA Bowls.
    -Purchased tickets and traveled to support the Basketball team at the 2014 NCAA Basketball tournament in San Antonio.
    -Traveled to Omaha to support the Baseball team at the 2000 CWS and recent Regionals and Super Regionals.
    -Travel to support Football, Basketball and Baseball teams on multiple (many) road trips over many years.

RCAF Charter Member $1000+/year
    -18 Season Tickets for Football
    -Quarterback Club Member
    -4 Season Tickets for Baseball
    -Diamond Club Member
    -Cooking Club Member
    2 Season Tickets for Basketball (Dropped from 4 and will drop the remaining 2) - Disappointment!

*Could name other "off the record" donations, time, cooking, etc....

This is a lot of money for me (peanuts for some), but this would be one heck of a family vacation every year if I decided to go ahead and pocket the money instead of throwing it to the blind mice.

RCAF Member down to $100 this year which is minimum you can donate and get yourself in the priority system. Waiting to see how that system shakes out and how Cajundome reseating will be handled before donating more.

Down to one basketball season ticket from two. Wish I had kept track of how long I've had season tickets. Never figured I'd need to know.

Blog Entries

Small Potatoes taste better

raginsaints is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I have 2 baseball season tickets, got out of college the second time around 2014 and got baseball tickets right away.

I'm a silent phase donor.

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    This!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Small Potatoes taste better
    Whether it's small potatoes or large potatoes all go into the RCAF Potato Salad. By not following through on promises you have less potatoes and less potato salad for all athletic programs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Whether it's small potatoes or large potatoes all go into the RCAF Potato Salad. By not following through on promises you have less potatoes and less potato salad for all athletic programs.
    Right now UL is caught in the Eye of the Potatoes.

I think that it's fair to say that current economic conditions prevent many from giving as much as they'd like, but most posters on this board attend events and donate as much as they're able to. I attend at least three home football games a year. I have, and will continue to attend any UL away games at Tulane, USM, Houston, Rice, and LA Tech. I also will always attend any bowl game that the Cajuns play in. I think that it is very important for UL to be known as a team that travels well.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: RCAF "Small Potatoes"

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I think that it's fair to say that current economic conditions prevent many from giving as much as they'd like, but most posters on this board attend events and donate as much as they're able to. I attend at least three home football games a year. I have, and will continue to attend any UL away games at Tulane, USM, Houston, Rice, and LA Tech. I also will always attend any bowl game that the Cajuns play in. I think that it is very important for UL to be known as a team that travels well.
    While this is no doubt true for some posters, in my case it is not. I am giving less because I have been lied to by the folks in Martin Hall and on Rhinehardt. I am giving them a one year opportunity to rectify their untruths before shutting down my donations completely.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast