Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RCAF "Small Potatoes"

Default Re: RCAF "Small Potatoes"

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Doesn't priority seating mean you have a set seat? You can buy General Admission season tickets, which guarantees you a seat, but not an exact seat. I could be wrong.
    The fee is like a PSL I think.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Doesn't priority seating mean you have a set seat? You can buy General Admission season tickets, which guarantees you a seat, but not an exact seat. I could be wrong.
    Pretty sure all season tickets sold have an assigned seat. Since the season tickets last year were sold out, there were no GA tickets available except what was unused by home/away teams for game day sales.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Aside from the tax benefits, it's not hard (to support our Athletes and coaches). I'm lucky enough that my family just enjoys being around the stadium and the Tigue. Our past time is traveling and a few years ago, I was able to convince the family that it would be cool to plan some trips around Cajun sporting events. The rest is history. (btw, this year in Houston was probably the best one yet. When we are invited back, I strongly recommend it).

To be honest, I didn't realize it was that much. We live close and are almost always at the ball park. With Hud, I believe in the man. I crushed him last year, and my confidence has wavered, but I can't yank my support because of one bad year. I don't give much to Bob, but basketball is further down my list of favorite sports to attend. Baseball gets a lot of my greenbacks. (Forgot to mention that about 3% of that figure was probably spent of drinking with Mel).

About RCAF and admin: You can go back and read my post history. I've begun giving to individual sports after the Hale situation, Farmer ____ ups, and the like. Believe it or not, I was a Savoie guy. Actually, I am a Savoie guy. This summer has been troubling so far and I hope he comes out clean, but this RCAF separation thing is a huge deal.
    I wish this version of MAT would come out more often.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It does, after a few drinks!

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Aside from the tax benefits, it's not hard (to support our Athletes and coaches). I'm lucky enough that my family just enjoys being around the stadium and the Tigue. Our past time is traveling and a few years ago, I was able to convince the family that it would be cool to plan some trips around Cajun sporting events. The rest is history. (btw, this year in Houston was probably the best one yet. When we are invited back, I strongly recommend it).

To be honest, I didn't realize it was that much. We live close and are almost always at the ball park. With Hud, I believe in the man. I crushed him last year, and my confidence has wavered, but I can't yank my support because of one bad year. I don't give much to Bob, but basketball is further down my list of favorite sports to attend. Baseball gets a lot of my greenbacks. (Forgot to mention that about 3% of that figure was probably spent of drinking with Mel).

About RCAF and admin: You can go back and read my post history. I've begun giving to individual sports after the Hale situation, Farmer ____ ups, and the like. Believe it or not, I was a Savoie guy. Actually, I am a Savoie guy. This summer has been troubling so far and I hope he comes out clean, but this RCAF separation thing is a huge deal.
    I was never a Savoie man, but gave him a chance. I'm not won over.

I find it interesting that UL has had many long term presidents. The only short term president was an outside political one. He retired and oversaw the opening of McNeese.

Six presidents, one the founder, the next a political reward, and four inbred. Not saying the four are bad, but no new views brought in. Hardly any major corporations hire their head man from within every time. It's an amazing run of presidents being the best available. Can this job be that unwanted?

I've said before, I'm not into giving fan stats. Everyone that donates a penny has a right to know what they're donating to. You would think the LEAST they could do was be honest with everyone. I never set out to be this super anti establishment fan. I've been lucky enough to meet and associate and get to know some guys in positions, and it just floors me how we go about things. It floors how LITTLE the public knows about this stuff. I just wish I could explain how absurd our processes are, how ridiculous our communication in the athletic offices can be, how much they lie to the fanbase.. It's a shame, because people really love this school and its coaches and athletes.

From my perspective, I don't see how I can put on my Ragin Cajun shirt, represent it everywhere I go, talk to anyone who will listen about Lafayette and its people, but sit on my arse and not fight for something better. Remember the "sleeping giant" phrase we used to all use? Well, because of generous fans, coaches that gave a damn, and athletes that bought in, we awoke the giant. We did our jobs... What was the admin doing? 5 year stretch of impressive, national exposure. We still had to bit*h to get the damn master plan on TV during a 3.5 hour commercial on ESPN in prime time.

Blog Entries

I've said before, I'm not into giving fan stats. Everyone that donates a penny has a right to know what they're donating to. You would think the LEAST they could do was be honest with everyone. I never set out to be this super anti establishment fan. I've been lucky enough to meet and associate and get to know some guys in positions, and it just floors me how we go about things. It floors how LITTLE the public knows about this stuff. I just wish I could explain how absurd our processes are, how ridiculous our communication in the athletic offices can be, how much they lie to the fanbase.. It's a shame, because people really love this school and its coaches and athletes.

From my perspective, I don't see how I can put on my Ragin Cajun shirt, represent it everywhere I go, talk to anyone who will listen about Lafayette and its people, but sit on my arse and not fight for something better. Remember the "sleeping giant" phrase we used to all use? Well, because of generous fans, coaches that gave a damn, and athletes that bought in, we awoke the giant. We did our jobs... What was the admin doing? 5 year stretch of impressive, national exposure. We still had to bit*h to get the damn master plan on TV during a 3.5 hour commercial on ESPN in prime time.
    When you say master plan, you are referring to the facilities plan right? I guess that is what we all call it, but the real master plan is the Alden Report. Building facilities without actually having a plan to fund, brand and sell your athletic program shows the total lack of vision and understanding of the undertaking that is required to move an athletic program forward or advance it. That, more then anything else was evident after reading the final public draft. Apparently a number of people on this board didn't take the time to read through it and come to understanding the shortcomings we have in our athletic department. It's the only conclusion I can come up with when I hear people request evidence or a source. If the Alden report is not enough evidence for you, I'm not certain anything else will influence your opinion of our current athletic director.

Maybe he just needs a snickers sometimes. He's not himself when he's hungry.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Maybe he just needs a snickers sometimes. He's not himself when he's hungry.
    Mais look...is' Cajunproctologist! Mais how you is, baw?

Geaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Man....that Alden report tells a clear story of the ineptitude of this administration. God please help us

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Mais look...is' Cajunproctologist! Mais how you is, baw?
    Guess I got Cajun Apologist in his feelings.. Can't stop sweatin' me.

naaah, I just like picking on the little guy but believe whatever you want. I'm good with it.

naaah, I just like picking on the little guy but believe whatever you want. I'm good with it.
    Good, so you admit your posts are useless. Not like we didn't already know, but glad to hear it from you.

Good, so you admit your posts are useless. Not like we didn't already know, but glad to hear it from you.
    This actually more entertaining than most of our football games last year. Hope its different this year but I'm not that optimistic these days.

Ragin Pagin 2016! Get your season tickets today!

Ragin Pagin 2016! Get your season tickets today!
    Not sure Scotty can hook you up with free ones here though

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Not sure Scotty can hook you up with free ones here though
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3