Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

Thread: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    It isn't speculation. It's a fact this project is way behind the projected schedule line. FACT. It is also a fact that the UL admin isn't talking to ANYBODY.

    I'm not guessing or speculating. Can they make up the time. I seriously doubt it but who knows. We still don't know a real start date (NTP).
    Again, I have no connections and am not saying things weren't mishandled. But I heard Robe talk and he blamed the delay on them and the foundation/electrical work. Was he not telling the truth, or leaving some (really important) info out? I'm just trying to make sense of all this....

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,787

    Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    It isn't speculation. It's a fact this project is way behind the projected schedule line. FACT. It is also a fact that the UL admin isn't talking to ANYBODY.

    I'm not guessing or speculating. Can they make up the time. I seriously doubt it but who knows. We still don't know a real start date (NTP).
    I'm not saying things weren't mishandled. What I am saying is when it is said that the project is "way behind schedule" my initial thought is how much and can it be made up. That's why I aked the questions above and I will ask again

    Has a notice to proceed been issued? yes/no.
    What is the contract time in calendar days? (I need a number)
    What is the length of the critical path in calendar days? (I need a number)
    Is there an up charge for running double shifts? (Yes/no)
    Have equipment or materials on the critical path been ordered? (yes/no)

    TECHNICALLY if the notice to proceed has not been signed then the contractor is not behind schedule because the contract time has not started. Typically the way it goes is a contract is awarded, Bonds insurance certificates and other documents are submitted, a notice to proceed is issued. The contractor has ten days to start then the contract time starts ticking. This order of things to do may be altered if this is a "Design Build" project. Again TYPICALLY in large construction projects there are certain things that an owner and contractor are responsible for. The owner, among other things has to supply a site for work (done) and FINANCING (meh not so much

    -maybe I don't know for sure but it appears that way). I don't know if the "Ragin Cajun Facilities" could be considered in 'Breach of Contract" for not providing adequate financing. That would be something for Lemoine to do but I doubt they would do that.

    I have been doing major construction work since 1976. I really like to deal in absolutes. (Not I heard this or that. That is speculation and providing an opinion based on rumor) Unfortunately we are not privy to absolute and hard information (by design). It has always been an aggravation to me that everything in the athletic department for a long time has been deemed "Top Secret". I have said that the administration at the athletic department was trained by the CIA.

    I am also OF THE OPINION that there was a similar issue with the softball renovation project. I don't know that for a FACT but just have a feeling that that was the case.


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,787

    Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

    -Helmut, over a year ago I was at a meeting for naming some facilities

    it was at a suite in the C-Dome and they were putting down some type of foundation in anticipation of the eventual Dome project---Guess being able to do this helped to speed up that project---could have been some type of pipes---Are you familiar with this project and what that advanced work could have been???

    Possible but I don't know for sure.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    10,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Again, I have no connections and am not saying things weren't mishandled. But I heard Robe talk and he blamed the delay on them and the foundation/electrical work. Was he not telling the truth, or leaving some (really important) info out? I'm just trying to make sense of all this....
    I live on congress, they have a couple guys in the morning and are home after lunch, if lemoine had their money you would know it. Again, what would you expect the man to say about his bosses publicly on a radio interview?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    10,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The demolition permit for the old Academy was approved on 6/27/16 or about two weeks ago. I know they have been working there for about three weeks. You can't just move on to a site and start demolition especially when there are active water, sewer, gas telephone and electric lines on site and connected to the structure. So I don't think we can say that they would have started demolition at the baseball stadium any sooner than about three weeks after the last game. It is my understanding that they had to move a major electric line and load distribution equipment prior to demolition. Granted, I think we all can agree that there appears to be problems with the administration of the contract and financing but I don't think anybody here can say how far the project is behind schedule without actually seeing the schedule. Not only that, without knowing what the length of the critical path is it's hard to say how far the job will extend into next spring.

    I think a few questions need to be answered.

    Has a notice to proceed been issued? yes/no.
    What is the contract time in calendar days?
    What is the length of the critical path in calendar days?
    Is there an up charge for running double shifts?
    Have equipment or materials on the critical path been ordered?

    Until the above questions are answered everything is pure speculation.
    They have been there a couple weeks emptying the building out also. They just started demo this week. The tigue has been empty.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I live on congress, they have a couple guys in the morning and are home after lunch, if lemoine had their money you would know it. Again, what would you expect the man to say about his bosses publicly on a radio interview?
    I don't think he would lie about it, and to the degree it would be needed to if the project was in such bad shape as stated here.
    I think there are plenty of ways he could of avoided commenting as much as he did, but without calling out his bosses.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    10,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    I don't think he would lie about it, and to the degree it would be needed to if the project was in such bad shape as stated here.
    I think there are plenty of ways he could of avoided commenting as much as he did, but without calling out his bosses.
    He didn't lie about anything, if I tell you I'm confident the world will end... Am I lying? I never would have expected Tony to handle it any different than the way he did... I promise he is fuming at the thought of where his team might have to play next year because of these morons...and I'm not talking about the contractor. It was stated by many of us almost a month ago that this was gonna be smoke and mirrors and that's exactly what it has been.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,234

    Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

    NTP has still not been given and the contract is calendar days Helmut.

    Next hurdle will be ULS board. And that's not a gimme.

    Hold on tight


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He didn't lie about anything, if I tell you I'm confident the world will end... Am I lying? I never would have expected Tony to handle it any different than the way he did... I promise he is fuming at the thought of where his team might have to play next year because of these morons...and I'm not talking about the contractor. It was stated by many of us almost a month ago that this was gonna be smoke and mirrors and that's exactly what it has been.
    He said, with a lot of certainly, that the delay has been due to 1) his requests of waiting past the SR, and 2) that the foundation and electrical work taking longer than planned. Not only that, to me he also said with certainty that the demo would be starting in ~2 weeks. I guess that's the claim he made that I think he would not be making unless he was very sure it was true. That's the sense that I got from listening to the interview, anyway.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    10,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    He said, with a lot of certainly, that the delay has been due to 1) his requests of waiting past the SR, and 2) that the foundation and electrical work taking longer than planned. Not only that, to me he also said with certainty that the demo would be starting in ~2 weeks. I guess that's the claim he made that I think he would not be making unless he was very sure it was true. That's the sense that I got from listening to the interview, anyway.
    Can you imagine why the demo won't be starting for 2 week$? If things were taking "longer than expected" does lemoine strike you as a contractor who would have 2 guys working for about 4 hours per day?

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Can you imagine why the demo won't be starting for 2 week$? If things were taking "longer than expected" does lemoine strike you as a contractor who would have 2 guys working for about 4 hours per day?
    Not trying to be difficult, but the only thing I've heard first hand is Robe's interview. In that interview he clearly (to me) stated there were issues with the electrical stuff, etc. and that building the foundation stuff was not exciting but needed to be done. He reassured us although there has been delays due to those issues, the demo would be started in about two weeks. To me he if felt at all unsure that the demo would not be starting soon he would not have put himself out on a limb like that.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    10,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Not trying to be difficult, but the only thing I've heard first hand is Robe's interview. In that interview he clearly (to me) stated there were issues with the electrical stuff, etc. and that building the foundation stuff was not exciting but needed to be done. He reassured us although there has been delays due to those issues, the demo would be started in about two weeks. To me he if felt at all unsure that the demo would not be starting soon he would not have put himself out on a limb like that.
    oh so we looking to start July 21st...not June 14th...July 21st. Nobody is arguing with you that it could start in 2 weeks but if you think it's 5 weeks late because of some electrical issues you are denial. If you are having issues and running behind you don't put 2 guys on it for 4 hours a day...lemoine would be out of business if they operated that way. We don't have the money...more importantly lemoine doesn't have our money. Again, what would you expect him to say about his bosses on the radio.. You still haven't answered that.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    oh so we looking to start July 21st...not June 14th...July 21st. Nobody is arguing with you that it could start in 2 weeks but if you think it's 5 weeks late because of some electrical issues you are denial. If you are having issues and running behind you don't put 2 guys on it for 4 hours a day...lemoine would be out of business if they operated that way. We don't have the money...more importantly lemoine doesn't have our money. Again, what would you expect him to say about his bosses on the radio.. You still haven't answered that.
    I live nearby and have driven by numerous times over the last few weeks. I have always seen more than just two guys. Robes discussion of the delay seemed very plausible, and I don't think he would've covered up the delay by lying about the cause.
    And yes, I feel like I've answered your question:
    1) He could've addressed the issue sufficiently PC (i.e., not throwing his bosses under the bus) but without giving the detail that he did. I just truly do not believe he would have been as encouraging to us as he was, if he felt we were/are heading to catastrophe.
    2) If I'm in denial it is because I'm trusting in Robe and what he said.

    That said, we agree that the lack of communication from the admin is beyond frustrating and should not be tolerated. And if the funding has been screwed up, it will become public knowledge and we should also not tolerate that.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    I live nearby and have driven by numerous times over the last few weeks. I have always seen more than just two guys.
    And yes, I feel like I've answered your question:
    1) He could've addressed the issue sufficiently PC (i.e., not throwing his bosses under the bus) but without giving the detail that he did. I just truly do not believe he would have been as encouraging to us as he was, if he felt we were/are heading to catastrophe.
    2) If I'm in denial it is because I'm trusting in Robe and what he said.

    That said, we agree that the lack of communication from the admin is beyond frustrating and should not be tolerated. And if the funding has been screwed up, it will become public knowledge and we should also not tolerate that.
    People keep saying "if" this and "if" that.. "If" is happening right in front of you guys. We told y'all this was happening a month ago. What's so hard to understand about it?

    Farmer, Savoie, Stewart.. Any of them could have said ANYTHING to quiet the concerns. Stewart and Farmer are regulars on 1420. Why no "stop in" to calm the masses? Why not send out an email JUST TO THOSE who donated directly to the Tigue project to fill valued donors in on what's up?

    Easy stuff could have been done, even for those that don't have access to certain conversations.

    Why are y'all still in denial??

  15. #55
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,665

    Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

    That's what Lemoine told him. This has been going on for weeks. Strange it's taking so long. Maybe with a NTP it'd gone quicker. Robe never said Lemoine was working as fast as possible.

    I've done lots of projects with contractors. There is always a marked difference when they're ready.

    Robe never addressed the charges of incompetence, but IMO was speaking to reassure the long time investors knowing those charges are out there.


  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    People keep saying "if" this and "if" that.. "If" is happening right in front of you guys. We told y'all this was happening a month ago. What's so hard to understand about it?

    Farmer, Savoie, Stewart.. Any of them could have said ANYTHING to quiet the concerns. Stewart and Farmer are regulars on 1420. Why no "stop in" to calm the masses? Why not send out an email JUST TO THOSE who donated directly to the Tigue project to fill valued donors in on what's up?

    Easy stuff could have been done, even for those that don't have access to certain conversations.

    Why are y'all still in denial??
    LOL....I just stated why/how I'm basing my beliefs: Robes interview.
    I'm truly not trying to be argumentative, but please tell me where I'm wrong in believing in Robe's words. And if you're telling me that he is lying or covering up something to save his bosses....sorry I don't believe that. Again....he could've dodged that easily enough.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That's what Lemoine told him. This has been going on for weeks. Strange it's taking so long. Maybe with a NTP it'd gone quicker. Robe never said Lemoine was working as fast as possible.

    I've done lots of projects with contractors. There is always a marked difference when they're ready.
    So Lemoine is not telling him the truth, and he hasn't figured it out on his own?

  18. #58
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,665

    Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

    Didn't say that. Lemoine can be dragging their feet and still be telling the truth technically


  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Didn't say that. Lemoine can be dragging their feet and still be telling the truth technically
    But they would still be lying to robe about the progress...or lack thereof....in all those weekly meetings Robe talked about in the interview, right?
    BTW, my neighbor said he happened to be on the same flight home as SF Wednesday. So I'm sure we will be hearing from him shortly. Lol.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    People keep saying "if" this and "if" that.. "If" is happening right in front of you guys. We told y'all this was happening a month ago. What's so hard to understand about it?

    Farmer, Savoie, Stewart.. Any of them could have said ANYTHING to quiet the concerns. Stewart and Farmer are regulars on 1420. Why no "stop in" to calm the masses? Why not send out an email JUST TO THOSE who donated directly to the Tigue project to fill valued donors in on what's up?

    Easy stuff could have been done, even for those that don't have access to certain conversations.

    Why are y'all still in denial??
    Someone called into Jays show Thursday and when Jay let him through, he asked "Am I on the air?" When told yes, he said "Oh, I'll call back later."

    IMO it sounded like Stewart. It was strange.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •