Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

Look, you can see what the weather was like in October 2015:

www.ragincajuns.com/constructioncam

Does anyone know if they will remove the tress that are between the ticket booth and the stadium? I know there are 2 oak trees on either side of the ticket booth but there are some larger and some smaller ones just past that, where the structure they just tore down was.

I feel like the oak trees are going to stay and are a must but the others aren't oak and should go to show more of the facade. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by KragincajunS10 View Post
    Does anyone know if they will remove the tress that are between the ticket booth and the stadium? I know there are 2 oak trees on either side of the ticket booth but there are some larger and some smaller ones just past that, where the structure they just tore down was.

I feel like the oak trees are going to stay and are a must but the others aren't oak and should go to show more of the facade. Just curious.
    If they ever build the stadium the way it was planned they all be gone I believe. I think the proposed footprint of the stadium goes beyond those trees.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They were burying/working on electrical just behind the ticket booth where the two sided sign used to be. It may be possible for them to lease some of the trees from the ticket booth to the road but I would think anything closer than the ticket booth would have to be removed. JMO

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Drove by earlier today (around 12:30) and they had a couple of guys working.

I was happy to see they've started decorating the front of the track/soccer complex because it looked like ____ before

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post

Starting to finally look really good. How about someone in charge of the athletic website UPDATE the facilities page with pictures of the improvements above and to the APC? Why are our facilities not exposed more to those looking at our website?
    I was happy to see they've started decorating the front of the track/soccer complex because it looked like ____ before

At this rate they will have Lourdes park down by September... They have been disassembling the same pavilion since Monday.... But yes I like the addition on the track/soccer facility

That does look a lot better!

Looks good

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Alumni Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

Why won't KLFY do the same news report on the progress of the Tigue?

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Why won't KLFY do the same news report on the progress of the Tigue?
    What progress?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    What progress?
    Maybe the progress that Robe talked about during his interview this week? Maybe when it's more than just electrical and foundation work, and the demo starts in about ~2 weeks (as per Robe), we will see more?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Maybe the progress that Robe talked about during his interview this week? Maybe when it's more than just electrical and foundation work, and the demo starts in about ~2 weeks (as per Robe), we will see more?
    Go pass by the old academy on johnston and you will see what lemoine looks like when they have their money in hand...they started Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Go pass by the old academy on johnston and you will see what lemoine looks like when they have their money in hand...they started Tuesday.
    Won't we see that at the Tigue, in about two weeks, after the foundation/electrical work is completed, like Robe just said? I'm sorry, I listened to his interview a couple of times and his words just do not match what I'm hearing here.....and I don't think he would have lied to us to the degree needed if things were as nearly as bleak as some are saying. What am I missing here?
    Not saying that there weren't some real blunders done, and I agree that we need to both push for full information and hold everyone who has erred to be held accountable.

Blog Entries

The old Woolco, Wal Mart, Mr. Gatti's Academy?

Funny you say that. I go by the Tigue this afternoon around 4:30 and nothing going on. Drove past the location you talk about and they are going at it. Makes you wonder what the difference is between the two? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The old Woolco, Wal Mart, Mr. Gatti's Academy?
    yep....that part of the strip mall is coming down.

The demolition permit for the old Academy was approved on 6/27/16 or about two weeks ago. I know they have been working there for about three weeks. You can't just move on to a site and start demolition especially when there are active water, sewer, gas telephone and electric lines on site and connected to the structure. So I don't think we can say that they would have started demolition at the baseball stadium any sooner than about three weeks after the last game. It is my understanding that they had to move a major electric line and load distribution equipment prior to demolition. Granted, I think we all can agree that there appears to be problems with the administration of the contract and financing but I don't think anybody here can say how far the project is behind schedule without actually seeing the schedule. Not only that, without knowing what the length of the critical path is it's hard to say how far the job will extend into next spring.

I think a few questions need to be answered.

Has a notice to proceed been issued? yes/no.
    What is the contract time in calendar days?
    What is the length of the critical path in calendar days?
    Is there an up charge for running double shifts?
    Have equipment or materials on the critical path been ordered?

Until the above questions are answered everything is pure speculation.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Won't we see that at the Tigue, in about two weeks, after the foundation/electrical work is completed, like Robe just said? I'm sorry, I listened to his interview a couple of times and his words just do not match what I'm hearing here.....and I don't think he would have lied to us to the degree needed if things were as nearly as bleak as some are saying. What am I missing here?
    Not saying that there weren't some real blunders done, and I agree that we need to both push for full information and hold everyone who has erred to be held accountable.
    No one here has stated that this renovation would not be done.....believe me, you are going to know when Lemoine has an NTP in hand

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The demolition permit for the old Academy was approved on 6/27/16 or about two weeks ago. I know they have been working there for about three weeks. You can't just move on to a site and start demolition especially when there are active water, sewer, gas telephone and electric lines on site and connected to the structure. So I don't think we can say that they would have started demolition at the baseball stadium any sooner than about three weeks after the last game. It is my understanding that they had to move a major electric line and load distribution equipment prior to demolition. Granted, I think we all can agree that there appears to be problems with the administration of the contract and financing but I don't think anybody here can say how far the project is behind schedule without actually seeing the schedule. Not only that, without knowing what the length of the critical path is it's hard to say how far the job will extend into next spring.

I think a few questions need to be answered.

Has a notice to proceed been issued? yes/no.
    What is the contract time in calendar days?
    What is the length of the critical path in calendar days?
    Is there an up charge for running double shifts?
    Have equipment or materials on the critical path been ordered?

Until the above questions are answered everything is pure speculation.
    It isn't speculation. It's a fact this project is way behind the projected schedule line. FACT. It is also a fact that the UL admin isn't talking to ANYBODY.

I'm not guessing or speculating. Can they make up the time. I seriously doubt it but who knows. We still don't know a real start date (NTP).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast