_ _ _ _
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Laf G7: Louisiana vs Arizona

Dad04 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Laf G7: Louisiana vs Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    If you can shave, you can throw as much as you want.
    Pitchers will throw every inning of every game if you let them, but you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I have no issue with Ginkel. A 24 pitch outing is no more than a small bullpen to stay fresh before a start. The use of Bannister on the other hand; it will catch up to him one day and bad coaching is to blame.
    I forgot Ginkel closed game 1 Monday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Pitchers will throw every inning of every game if you let them, but you knew that.

While I understand your message, it's not entirely true. We have a commit who took a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    While I understand your message, it's not entirely true. We have a commit who took a stand.
    Things are changing more, but it is the exception rather than the rule. Most competitors in any sport will go until told to stop.

That commit also seemed to know he would have support from Robe too. Makes it a little easier to deal with an idiot high school coach. There are other players who aren't on college coaches radars, not being recruited who do what they have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Things are changing more, but it is the exception rather than the rule. Most competitors in any sport will go until told to stop.

That commit also seemed to know he would have support from Robe too. Makes it a little easier to deal with an idiot high school coach. There are other players who aren't on college coaches radars, not being recruited who do what they have to do.
    Nailed it.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Who took a stand?

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Who took a stand?
    Specifics are not allowed.

In a Diamond Club meeting Robe talked about a commit who was told by his doctor to not pitch and not hit anymore the rest of the season. His highschool coach told him the players voted him off the team because he was selfish and put himself and his future career ahead of the team. Come to find out, none of the other players voted. The coach just told him that.

I believe that is what Duggie was referring to.

High school is MUCH worse. HS is basically, entry level professional coaching. Plenty of knuckleheads. (I usually get creamed for saying so.)

In a Diamond Club meeting Robe talked about a commit who was told by his doctor to not pitch and not hit anymore the rest of the season. His highschool coach told him the players voted him off the team because he was selfish and put himself and his future career ahead of the team. Come to find out, none of the other players voted. The coach just told him that.

I believe that is what Duggie was referring to.
    Yep. We went through a similar situation in HS. The head coach was fired at the end of the season, got four more jobs in five years and was fired from each one.

Hey whatever gets you to the Supers right??? Look we lost to some good arms, but those arms are the ones that'll lose in the long run. I feel bad for that entire staff..........

Like I stated earlier, a player told me if they had to Bannister was ready for a few more "if needed" innings to get her done.

There is misuse and coddling. We haven't found that fine line. Until then everything will be misuse.

I think we can all agree that zona abused their arms this weekend. Bannister with nearly 200 pitches thrown in 48 hours or whatever it was is absurd.

I think the preferred amount of rest is one hour per pitch thrown. Will be interesting to see how their arms fair in Starkvegas after putting his staff through a meat grinder.

The problem is Bannister could have been coddled...put on a pitch count...done everything to protect it...and pop goes the UCL. Pitch counts are not limiting the injuries. Days of rest are not limiting the injuries. It's time to go back to the drawing board.
    Is that you Coach Johnson?

Anecdotally, it seems the Cajuns have relatively few arm and shoulder issues over the past several years. Robe puts them through rigorous pre and post outing conditioning that appears to help the situation. He is always fine tuning his conditioning program. I can't name a Cajun who had TJ more than a year after they got here. I can't name a Cajun that had TJ, period.

Jay Johnson flat does not care whose arm falls off after the season.

It will be very easy to identify the Zona pitchers as they get off of the bus in Starkvegas. They will be the guys that look like their knuckles are dragging the ground and look much like apes!

Anecdotally, it seems the Cajuns have relatively few arm and shoulder issues over the past several years. Robe puts them through rigorous pre and post outing conditioning that appears to help the situation. He is always fine tuning his conditioning program. I can't name a Cajun who had TJ more than a year after they got here. I can't name a Cajun that had TJ, period.

You better be knocking on some wood something fierce Mr. G!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You better be knocking on some wood something fierce Mr. G!!!!
    Fingers firmly crossed, feverishly knocking wood. We've had a nice run of a lack of ortho issues. Likely, not accidental.

Jay Johnson has little man syndrome. Only way I can explain it.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

There is misuse and coddling. We haven't found that fine line. Until then everything will be misuse.
    --This brings back memories as I have the same left arm scar in the same place---I kicked an EP in HS and tried to jump over a guy when running off the field---found myself coming down on my hand and pulling the end of a bone off and got some screws in it to attach the chipped area---blew up like a ballon and scared the hell out of me!!!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast