Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just curious, but who's fliping for the bill?

This is Upsetting Just curious, but who's fliping for the bill?

Sorry the tiger has cancer. Cancer is an ugly, crippling disaster of a sickness. But it seems the LaSue tiger has been in the news a lot lately because of being diagnosed with cancer. Today, it will be receiving radiation treatments from Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.

People I know can't afford these treatments because of lack of insurance or various other financial reasons. Who is paying for the tiger's treatment? This best not be the tax payers of Louisiana. If a private donor wants to flip the bill, fine, but never has this topic been brought up on any news source. Not The Advertiser, The Advocate, KATC, KFLY, or any Baton Rouge stations.

Any idea? If it is the tax payers, then something needs to be done about this.

http://www.katc.com/story/32099746/m...ion-simulation

Default Re: Just curious, but who's fliping for the bill?

I read somewhere that one of the doctors is donating her time and expertise. Don't know about other costs.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    I read somewhere that one of the doctors is donating her time and expertise. Don't know about other costs.
    Time and expertise is one thing, but the cost of the radiation, drugs, operating room, anesthesiologist, etc.....could cost in the hundreds of thousands.

Agreed! The lack of news coverage should be big news! Huey is smiling again

I would guess it falls under the vet sciences program

Oh don't worry about it. TAF has that covered. They probably even went put a new tiger on lay away over at Tigers-Are-Us...

http://theredshtick.com/2016/05/25/l...er-treatments/

I agree with you CS8, is it money well spent? Then again, look no further than the gorilla incident this past weekend. Some of those protesters place the gorilla's life ahead of a 4 year old human being's.

Last edited by ZoomZoom; June 2nd, 2016 at 07:16 am. Reason: God, the people that took the hook on a piece of satire...

If you want fun contact big cat rescue about lsu am having a tiger. They constantly push to get rid of that tiger

Why should Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College at Baton Rouge have a living mascot, and a very expensive one at that, with an expensive incurable disease, but especially at a time when the state is broke enough that TOPS is being cut? It's welfare.

Put the frickin' tiger down. Put a picture in the cage. Save the $$.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Unless the money is coming out of the athletic department which is self financed we should not keep this animal alive for a couple of years at most. Would they do the same for tigers at the Audubon zoo, the Baton Rouge zoo, or would those zoo's put the animal down.n

Granted this animal is seen and enjoyed by more people than most of the zoo animals that are city maintained, not state.

Awesome thread

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Sorry the tiger has cancer. Cancer is an ugly, crippling disaster of a sickness. But it seems the LaSue tiger has been in the news a lot lately because of being diagnosed with cancer. Today, it will be receiving radiation treatments from Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.

People I know can't afford these treatments because of lack of insurance or various other financial reasons. Who is paying for the tiger's treatment? This best not be the tax payers of Louisiana. If a private donor wants to flip the bill, fine, but never has this topic been brought up on any news source. Not The Advertiser, The Advocate, KATC, KFLY, or any Baton Rouge stations.

Any costs should absolutely come out of the LSU bank account. The new budget just passed calls for additional closure of medical facilities for humans in this state. We don't have money for human citizens there is none for beloved pets.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

I'd seriously hate to find out that a human being on this planet needs similar treatment and cannot access it. A cat? Give me a break.

Louisiana Tech can't keep a dog hydrated. LSU is going to treat a cat like he's a god. And we can't be called "UL". Got it.

if and when they need a new one......

https://www.yahoo.com/news/big-cats-...868.html?nhp=1

how timely!!!??!

p.s. it is harmful to animals for Southern University to have a live Jaguar......remember that???

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

Our tax dollars are used and wasted on a LOT of issues in this state that I would consider to be far more wasteful than helping Mike the Tiger go through radiation treatments to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Our tax dollars are used and wasted on a LOT of issues in this state that I would consider to be far more wasteful than helping Mike the Tiger go through radiation treatments to be honest.

Yes, but those are sacred cows for padding our legislators pocket books, or their re-election books. So in a world of actual needs after those important things it is pretty absurd to be forcing people to cope with finding help with medical treatments while a fat cat is taken care of by the state.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yes, but those are sacred cows for padding our legislators pocket books, or their re-election books. So in a world of actual needs after those important things it is pretty absurd to be forcing people to cope with finding help with medical treatments while a fat cat is taken care of by the state.
    Tax dollars are not used for re-election funds. I understand you feel that all elected officials are crooked and fit every movie stereotype out there but our local, state and federal government spends all too much money providing care to those who "can't" afford it but can afford their $40,000 car.

When you fund your backers big buck projects that is a re-election fund dude. If you have a problem with that you don't know squat.

I guess Bernie will pay the cat $15 bucks an hour for first 40 hours each week and $22.50 for the remainder!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    When you fund your backers big buck projects that is a re-election fund dude. If you have a problem with that you don't know squat.
    NM

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    I guess Bernie will pay the cat $15 bucks an hour for first 40 hours each week and $22.50 for the remainder!
    Naw, watched an interview with the former CEO of McDonalds. Robotics will replace the 15 dollar an hour entry level jobs. Robots show up on time, work w/o an attitude, and isn't on their darn phone all the time.

SU's jag got loose years ago. Can't remember all the details.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast