Thread: stripper laws

Default stripper laws

Does everyone think that the state will ever build this road when there are clowns like this in the legislature?

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...egislatur.html

Default Re: I-49 Connector

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    Does everyone think that the state will ever build this road when there are clowns like this in the legislature?

The bill was 100x stupider than the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The bill was 100x stupider than the joke.
    I am going to say it again....the state wonders why people leave after they graduate. All they have to do is look in the mirror!!!

You dont have time to joke. Our state situation is beyond ridiculous. Shut the F up and do your job. Stop making us look like the audience to a clown show. The original bill is ridiculous as well. When will we learn that we cannot legislate morality.

Blog Entries

I am going to say it again....the state wonders why people leave after they graduate. All they have to do is look in the mirror!!!
    This has nothing to do with the subject or if it will get done! Yes, he was a clown for wasting everyone's time but his point illustrates the problem with this state. While you are focusing on his actions, the state and federal government continues to regulate more and more of every industry in the state. His bill was idiotic, but his point about our legislature and new governor is correct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    You dont have time to joke. Our state situation is beyond ridiculous. Shut the F up and do your job. Stop making us look like the audience to a clown show. The original bill is ridiculous as well. When will we learn that we cannot legislate morality.
    You are showing your bias for moral conservatives again! His bill was idiotic and in poor taste, but his point was about the over regulation of every industry in this state and the cost on the working class. So by all means, focus on his actions and not his point because the current legislature and the clown now acting as governor are just as bad if not worse then the previous administration.

Blog Entries

This reminds me of the Judge's 1984 logic when he said There is no law that says you CAN change you name. So you can't.

Just forget that no law existed saying they couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This has nothing to do with the subject or if it will get done! Yes, he was a clown for wasting everyone's time but his point illustrates the problem with this state. While you are focusing on his actions, the state and federal government continues to regulate more and more of every industry in the state. His bill was idiotic, but his point about our legislature and new governor is correct.
    I think it has everything to do with everything in this state. First, it was the stupid bill about the football travel, now a bill about regulating stripper weights. The action I am looking at is the bush-league ploy of person that does not have the intellect to be in the position he is in. THAT IS WHY Louisiana is in the state we are in...from the roads to education to taxes. Louisiana is ____ed up because we have ____ed up people like Rep. Havard, who thinks that a tactic such as this is ok. Hell get up there and envoke Huey P. Long or something...but come on man...strippers!

Why anyone would think this type of action in any governmental body is acceptable completely beyond me.

Blog Entries

I think it has everything to do with everything in this state. First, it was the stupid bill about the football travel, now a bill about regulating stripper weights. The action I am looking at is the bush-league ploy of person that does not have the intellect to be in the position he is in. THAT IS WHY Louisiana is in the state we are in...from the roads to education to taxes. Louisiana is ____ed up because we have ____ed up people like Rep. Havard, who thinks that a tactic such as this is ok. Hell get up there and envoke Huey P. Long or something...but come on man...strippers!

Why anyone would think this type of action in any governmental body is acceptable completely beyond me.
    I didn't accept it as anything other then idiotic! But I also didn't scream faux outrage like many of his opponents deflecting from their own incompetent legislative votes to impose higher taxes and more regulation on smaller businesses in Louisiana. There is a bigger picture here, and his idiotic attempt at humor doesn't deflect from the high rate of incompetence of many in the legislature and the sitting governor.

I think its too early to judge the governor, unless you already did because he has "D" next to his name. Unless he starts kicking puppies and liking Nickleback, there is no way he is as bad as the previous guy. Remember how we got into the current mess?

RR-4.

Last edited by Cajun Monkee; May 20th, 2016 at 04:37 pm. Reason: Meh.

I didn't accept it as anything other then idiotic! But I also didn't scream faux outrage like many of his opponents deflecting from their own incompetent legislative votes to impose higher taxes and more regulation on smaller businesses in Louisiana. There is a bigger picture here, and his idiotic attempt at humor doesn't deflect from the high rate of incompetence of many in the legislature and the sitting governor.
    Agreed!!!

Blog Entries

I think its too early to judge the governor, unless you already did because he has "D" next to his name. Unless he starts kicking puppies and liking Nickleback, there is no way he is as bad as the previous guy. Remember how we got into the current mess?
    Not to early to point out his hypocrisy and outright lies up to this point. And excuses me, but he was a member of the legislature and his votes say he played a role in creating the current mess.

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Not to early to point out his hypocrisy and outright lies up to this point. And excuses me, but he was a member of the legislature and his votes say he played a role in creating the current mess.
    And his first move was to spend more tax dollars on giveaway health care thru Medicaid expansion.

What was the predominant party affiliation of our Legislature?

Blog Entries

What was the predominant party affiliation of our Legislature?
    Not a party man, how about you? Just like in Washington, Baton Rouge is full of tax & spend corrupt politicians that are two sides of the same coin.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    And his first move was to spend more tax dollars on giveaway health care thru Medicaid expansion.
    Any idea where those dollars come from?

Not a party man, how about you? Just like in Washington, Baton Rouge is full of tax & spend corrupt politicians that are two sides of the same coin.
    I'm not. That problem isnt exclusive to either side of the aisle, unfortunately. Its not a red/blue issue.