Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28

Thread: I-49 Connector

Default Re: I-49 Connector

The edge of the road is technically a gutter. It is used to convey water to the curb inlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......We have an I-49 that ends at a red light......I think the completion of the Lafayette -NO route will put a lot more traffic on it.....what is going on in Patterson? Think that all the turning lanes being installed mean no Interstate!!!
    They're building "J"turns in Patterson. Doesn't mean no interstate, we're tearing up a major intersection that was upgraded with '09 stimulus money in Broussard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I knew they would but just wanted to vent on that subject.

Maybe you know if the following rumor is true concerning this section of I-10 along with portions of Hwy 90 through Iberia Parish.

What I have heard is that during construction of both roadways there were some local politicians who insisted on steering certain contracts to certain individuals. One of which included the road base. Instead of an engineered base they ending up using a shale base. That explains a lot of the problems....
    That's SOP. Why you think we got a dome? Tons upon tons of precast concrete panels.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It's really depressing to see how others get things done and we just have our heads up where the sun don't shine.
    Are they still considering precasting Giant crawfish to hold up the elevated 5 mile section of I-49 through Lafayette and Fleur de Les to hold up the side rails?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Are they still considering precasting Giant crawfish to hold up the elevated 5 mile section of I-49 through Lafayette and Fleur de Les to hold up the side rails?
    That would fall under local funding in all likelihood. Planning has a purpose, but sometimes I think some of those folks bumped their head or smoked too much weed. It's a declared freight line, which simply put, no frills, like parks, bike paths and giant crawfish. It's that kind crap off in the weeds that's attributing to the effort of the crowd trying to kill this.

Like this...a "signature feature" not included now someone is b hurt. Feds already said no frills. This falls on the taxpayers of Lafayette. Oh Circles are a local option. That's what happens when government goes overboard with "stakeholders". A to B in the fastest way, that's the objective.

If you click this link, please read the very end. The parish is broke. With each new development, another "anthill" arises that sheds water which had drained there before, placing burdens on existing homeowners and infrastructure. We have higher local priorities. City taxpayers will, at some point, commit green flight as they will get tired of it all. Look no further than Baton Rouge as an example.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...ure/468820001/

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That would fall under local funding in all likelihood. Planning has a purpose, but sometimes I think some of those folks bumped their head or smoked too much weed. It's a declared freight line, which simply put, no frills, like parks, bike paths and giant crawfish. It's that kind crap off in the weeds that's attributing to the effort of the crowd trying to kill this.

Like this...a "signature feature" not included now someone is b hurt. Feds already said no frills. This falls on the taxpayers of Lafayette. Oh Circles are a local option. That's what happens when government goes overboard with "stakeholders". A to B in the fastest way, that's the objective.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...ure/468820001/
    Ford said, "Vagrants and crime issues it could create at that intersection when businesses there are already struggling with crime."

Soooo there is crime now & there will be crime once the connector is up .. I don't see the difference

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    I hope not. Every crawfish and fleur de lis will cost money. I say just build the damn thing and get over with it. I would like to be able to see this before I die.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You can always attach some type of design at a later date. Build the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    You can always attach some type of design at a later date. Build the damn thing.
    Well heck, if later you can place a casting over the structures legs(help me) then build it now! But I don't see anyone Ever coming back and spending money to dress up that 5+mile span.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It all depends upon your priorities... if you want a dynamic and growing Lafayette, you build the interstate as quickly as possible consistent with sound engineering and construction practices, and along the shortest possible route.

If you want to stifle growth so you can continue to be the biggest local dogs without having to work to maintain it, you get the sociologists and the garden club involved.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    It all depends upon your priorities... if you want a dynamic and growing Lafayette, you build the interstate as quickly as possible consistent with sound engineering and construction practices, and along the shortest possible route.

If you want to stifle growth so you can continue to be the biggest local dogs without having to work to maintain it, you get the sociologists and the garden club involved.
    Excellent points, I prefer Dynamic and Growing Lafayette!

The future of the city and parish is already being dictated by these individuals. They are more concerned with creating bike lanes than adequate roadways. Continued growth will only tax an inadequate transportation system even more. The I-49 connector is a step in the right direction and opens the door for new growth and development.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    The future of the city and parish is already being dictated by these individuals. They are more concerned with creating bike lanes than adequate roadways. Continued growth will only tax an inadequate transportation system even more. The I-49 connector is a step in the right direction and opens the door for new growth and development.
    I have to say, I don't see this being an issue anyway. The state legislature and its "leaders" are chasing away the demographic that's going to spearhead growth in this state for an entire generation, and that's your 23-38 age group. A 9% decline in this demo in just 2 years. That's an astonishing number.

Do I want to see it come to fruition? Of course. But it's just another example of incompetent, spineless leadership hurting the state and specifically our area.

Unfortunately, LA is a sinking ship. It's crushing it's own businesses, hindering economic growth and over taxing its people without giving a return of any substantial value,its education system continues to be bottom 5 (after 30 years), and no one can agree on proper reform. At this point, from a financial stand point, the average citizen, with relative mobility, would have to be a fool stay living in Louisiana.

EXACTLY!

Blog Entries

Lafayette has an long/old history of being a "just do it" town when it comes to traffic plans (look at a map) little or no forethought.

Nowadays it appears they have swung in the complete opposite direction.

Paralysis by analysis.

A balance somewhere in the middle is needed.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I hope not. Every crawfish and fleur de lis will cost money. I say just build the damn thing and get over with it. I would like to be able to see this before I die.
    and you know that will not happen...

Z

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    and you know that will not happen...

Z
    Amen. Just build the damn thing. We're 20 years late in getting it built.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28