Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28
Results 541 to 557 of 557

Thread: I-49 Connector

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,825

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    The edge of the road is technically a gutter. It is used to convey water to the curb inlets.


  2. #542
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,572

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......We have an I-49 that ends at a red light......I think the completion of the Lafayette -NO route will put a lot more traffic on it.....what is going on in Patterson? Think that all the turning lanes being installed mean no Interstate!!!
    They're building "J"turns in Patterson. Doesn't mean no interstate, we're tearing up a major intersection that was upgraded with '09 stimulus money in Broussard.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,572

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I knew they would but just wanted to vent on that subject.

    Maybe you know if the following rumor is true concerning this section of I-10 along with portions of Hwy 90 through Iberia Parish.

    What I have heard is that during construction of both roadways there were some local politicians who insisted on steering certain contracts to certain individuals. One of which included the road base. Instead of an engineered base they ending up using a shale base. That explains a lot of the problems....
    That's SOP. Why you think we got a dome? Tons upon tons of precast concrete panels.

  4. #544
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It's really depressing to see how others get things done and we just have our heads up where the sun don't shine.
    Are they still considering precasting Giant crawfish to hold up the elevated 5 mile section of I-49 through Lafayette and Fleur de Les to hold up the side rails?

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,572

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Are they still considering precasting Giant crawfish to hold up the elevated 5 mile section of I-49 through Lafayette and Fleur de Les to hold up the side rails?
    That would fall under local funding in all likelihood. Planning has a purpose, but sometimes I think some of those folks bumped their head or smoked too much weed. It's a declared freight line, which simply put, no frills, like parks, bike paths and giant crawfish. It's that kind crap off in the weeds that's attributing to the effort of the crowd trying to kill this.

    Like this...a "signature feature" not included now someone is b hurt. Feds already said no frills. This falls on the taxpayers of Lafayette. Oh Circles are a local option. That's what happens when government goes overboard with "stakeholders". A to B in the fastest way, that's the objective.

    If you click this link, please read the very end. The parish is broke. With each new development, another "anthill" arises that sheds water which had drained there before, placing burdens on existing homeowners and infrastructure. We have higher local priorities. City taxpayers will, at some point, commit green flight as they will get tired of it all. Look no further than Baton Rouge as an example.


    http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...ure/468820001/

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,155

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That would fall under local funding in all likelihood. Planning has a purpose, but sometimes I think some of those folks bumped their head or smoked too much weed. It's a declared freight line, which simply put, no frills, like parks, bike paths and giant crawfish. It's that kind crap off in the weeds that's attributing to the effort of the crowd trying to kill this.

    Like this...a "signature feature" not included now someone is b hurt. Feds already said no frills. This falls on the taxpayers of Lafayette. Oh Circles are a local option. That's what happens when government goes overboard with "stakeholders". A to B in the fastest way, that's the objective.

    http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...ure/468820001/
    Ford said, "Vagrants and crime issues it could create at that intersection when businesses there are already struggling with crime."

    Soooo there is crime now & there will be crime once the connector is up .. I don't see the difference

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,825

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Are they still considering precasting Giant crawfish to hold up the elevated 5 mile section of I-49 through Lafayette and Fleur de Les to hold up the side rails?
    I hope not. Every crawfish and fleur de lis will cost money. I say just build the damn thing and get over with it. I would like to be able to see this before I die.

  8. #548
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,679

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    You can always attach some type of design at a later date. Build the damn thing.


  9. #549
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    You can always attach some type of design at a later date. Build the damn thing.
    Well heck, if later you can place a casting over the structures legs(help me) then build it now! But I don't see anyone Ever coming back and spending money to dress up that 5+mile span.

  10. #550
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,237

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    It all depends upon your priorities... if you want a dynamic and growing Lafayette, you build the interstate as quickly as possible consistent with sound engineering and construction practices, and along the shortest possible route.

    If you want to stifle growth so you can continue to be the biggest local dogs without having to work to maintain it, you get the sociologists and the garden club involved.


  11. #551
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,589

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    It all depends upon your priorities... if you want a dynamic and growing Lafayette, you build the interstate as quickly as possible consistent with sound engineering and construction practices, and along the shortest possible route.

    If you want to stifle growth so you can continue to be the biggest local dogs without having to work to maintain it, you get the sociologists and the garden club involved.
    Excellent points, I prefer Dynamic and Growing Lafayette!

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,096

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If you want to stifle growth so you can continue to be the biggest local dogs without having to work to maintain it, you get the sociologists and the garden club involved.
    The future of the city and parish is already being dictated by these individuals. They are more concerned with creating bike lanes than adequate roadways. Continued growth will only tax an inadequate transportation system even more. The I-49 connector is a step in the right direction and opens the door for new growth and development.

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    The future of the city and parish is already being dictated by these individuals. They are more concerned with creating bike lanes than adequate roadways. Continued growth will only tax an inadequate transportation system even more. The I-49 connector is a step in the right direction and opens the door for new growth and development.
    I have to say, I don't see this being an issue anyway. The state legislature and its "leaders" are chasing away the demographic that's going to spearhead growth in this state for an entire generation, and that's your 23-38 age group. A 9% decline in this demo in just 2 years. That's an astonishing number.

    Do I want to see it come to fruition? Of course. But it's just another example of incompetent, spineless leadership hurting the state and specifically our area.

    Unfortunately, LA is a sinking ship. It's crushing it's own businesses, hindering economic growth and over taxing its people without giving a return of any substantial value,its education system continues to be bottom 5 (after 30 years), and no one can agree on proper reform. At this point, from a financial stand point, the average citizen, with relative mobility, would have to be a fool stay living in Louisiana.

  14. #554

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    It all depends upon your priorities... if you want a dynamic and growing Lafayette, you build the interstate as quickly as possible consistent with sound engineering and construction practices, and along the shortest possible route.

    If you want to stifle growth so you can continue to be the biggest local dogs without having to work to maintain it, you get the sociologists and the garden club involved.
    EXACTLY!

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,012
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Lafayette has an long/old history of being a "just do it" town when it comes to traffic plans (look at a map) little or no forethought.

    Nowadays it appears they have swung in the complete opposite direction.

    Paralysis by analysis.

    A balance somewhere in the middle is needed.


  16. #556
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,653

    Default Re: I-49 Connector

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I hope not. Every crawfish and fleur de lis will cost money. I say just build the damn thing and get over with it. I would like to be able to see this before I die.
    and you know that will not happen...

    Z

  17. #557
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    and you know that will not happen...

    Z
    Amen. Just build the damn thing. We're 20 years late in getting it built.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •