Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Russo Park name OK'd, with conditions

Default Re: How will this effect baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Maybe it's just me and my massive amount of UL scars accumulated over the decades. But doesn't it seem that we can't go 24 hours after any good victory without eating some sort of UL related crap sandwich? 😕
    At times it appears there's a never-ending converyor belt of crap sammiches being dumped on the Cajun Nation.

I personally don't believe it.
    This could be so many different things, I'll worry about the possibilities later. O & G biz can be ruthless. People are losing everything and looking for ways out, looking for ways to cut and run, looking for ways to blame other people and looking for ways to balance the P & L statements.

Who the hell knows..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This could be so many different things, I'll worry about the possibilities later. O & G biz can be ruthless. People are losing everything and looking for ways out, looking for ways to cut and run, looking for ways to blame other people and looking for ways to balance the P & L statements.

Who the hell knows..
    True, but even if there's no truth to the allegations, the defendants are going to have to spend a lot of money (installments shall we call it) to keep themselves out of jail.

Who the hell knows..
    Good post.

Should probably let it play itself out then judge.

Is Superior Energy Services a public company? If so, this will get even more messy before it's over.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Well....we don't know the whole story or what's going on behind the scenes....and I am not going to pronounce anyone guilty of anything without proof or conviction....gonna kick back and see what happens...

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Look I hope this article is full of crap. Just kinda ran across it by happenstance. Robe should have had his palace after the CWS run. We need to get this stadium completed the right way and on time.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Look I hope this article is full of crap. Just kinda ran across it by happenstance. Robe should have had his palace after the CWS run. We need to get this stadium completed the right way and on time.
    + 1 THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Well....we don't know the whole story or what's going on behind the scenes....and I am not going to pronounce anyone guilty of anything without proof or conviction....gonna kick back and see what happens...
    For me it's not a matter of pronouncing anyone guilty of anything. It's a matter of trying to imagine how Mr. Russo is going to make $5,000,000 in installment payments starting this year when he's being sued by someone who claims he stole the money from them. Innocent or not, that's a heck of a hurdle to overcome.

I hope as much as anyone that somehow someway Tony and his program get the ballpark they deserve, I'm just skeptical that any funding from Russo will be forthcoming at this point. Hope we've got a Plan B in the back pocket.

Edited to add: I assume we're talking about the same Russo.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It would be best not to jump to conclusions.

And, don't let Cajun Disaster Syndrome set in.

Superior Energy Services (SPN) NYSE - traded at a high $35 and change in August 2014, closed Friday at $15.99. Don't know when they acquired Stabil Drill.

SPN has a $2.4 billion market cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    SPN has a $2.4 billion market cap.
    With today's crappy oilfield environment, the downside for Superior will be a potential class-action lawsuit by investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Superior Energy Services (SPN) NYSE - traded at a high $35 and change in August 2014, closed Friday at $15.99. Don't know when they acquired Stabil Drill.
    Stabil Drill was acquired in '97.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    It would be best not to jump to conclusions.

And, don't let Cajun Disaster Syndrome set in.
    As ALWAYS Cajun Fans are intentionally kept in the dark and even mislead intentionally which causes 99% of what you call Cajun Disaster Syndrome from your very hugh pedistal.

Blog Entries

They better make a better case than 'we sold property and the purchaser sold it for a profit.'

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    As ALWAYS Cajun Fans are intentionally kept in the dark and even mislead intentionally which causes 99% of what you call Cajun Disaster Syndrome from your very hugh pedistal.
    True in past instances. However, this is one I'd expect for us to be kept in the dark on, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They better make a better case than 'we sold property and the purchaser sold it for a profit.'
    Exactly. I found it odd that the author used that piece of "evidence".

Well we won't be in the dark long. We should know the first week of June at the latest. If we don't see heavy equipment being brought in by then.. then we know no stadium.

Who the hell knows..
    You hit the nail on the head so damn hard on this one. Sounds like someone who knows their time is limited and is trying to hit the chord on their golden parachute.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast