Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Abortion vs no Abortion

Default Abortion vs no Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Absolutely. Because anything that does not infringe on someone else's rights/freedoms, should also be allowed.
    Like abortion?

Default Re: More ___ification of America...This time it hits home

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Like abortion?
    Yes. IMHO, how a person handles the fetus in her body is strictly between her and her physician.....and is another very private and personal area that the government should stay waaaay clear of.

Yes. IMHO, how a person handles the fetus in her body is strictly between her and her physician.....and is another very private and personal area that the government should stay waaaay clear of.
    As long as the sword cuts both ways. Religion should not dictate how people use their reproductive organs also.

Like abortion?
    You must be trying to take this conversation to a whole new level?

Blog Entries

So at what point does Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness apply to the unborn? At which stage of life is a child inside the womb considered a human being and not considered a glob of tissue? I completely understand how the right of private consultation with a physician on a matter of life and death should be protected, but what I don't understand is how anyone could be so detached from humanity after watching a 3D ultrasound of a child in the womb and believe it is not human and deserves no right of protection period.

As long as the sword cuts both ways. Religion should not dictate how people use their reproductive organs also.
    Absolutely. I'd say that that goes without saying, but sadly, it would not be true.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    So at what point does Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness apply to the unborn? At which stage of life is a child inside the womb considered a human being and not considered a glob of tissue? I completely understand how the right of private consultation with a physician on a matter of life and death should be protected, but what I don't understand is how anyone could be so detached from humanity after watching a 3D ultrasound of a child in the womb and believe it is not human and deserves no right of protection period.
    Reminds me of the question "if abortion isn't murder, why are people charged with double homocide when a pregnant lady is killed?"

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    You must be trying to take this conversation to a whole new level?
    Nothing says lovin' like an abortion argument with a bunch of Cajun Catholics. The only way this would be a bit more controversial is the same thing over a steak lunch on a Friday in Lent. Those zany cannibals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Reminds me of the question "if abortion isn't murder, why are people charged with double homocide when a pregnant lady is killed?"
    I guess having children over the years and seeing a disease up close take life away from children now has changed my perspective on the subject. But time to get back to discussing Cajun Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    And if people actually thought abortion was murder, we would be applauding, cheering and even participating with those who shootup and blow up abortion clinics...instead we sit here and hope something changes or try and introduce half ___ legislation to restrict it which does not work.

And I don't understand how it would be feasible for fetuses to have equal rights as humans. The way I see it that if that becomes the case, then all pregnancies become a matter of the 'state,' and have to be monitored as such. Women (and the fathers?) would then have to be legally responsible to bring that fetus safely to term.

How would this work? Wouldn't they have to register the pregnancy with the state, to protect and ensure that nothing illegal was done to the fetus? And if anything does goes wrong with the pregnancy would they not then have to be able to prove that they did nothing to cause the issue? And if anyone....man, woman, physician.....purposely ended a pregnancy than they would be guilty of murder, and would all have to be treated as such.

As with most people, I definetly don't like the idea of abortion. But I like the alternative far less.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    And if people actually thought abortion was murder, we would be applauding, cheering and even participating with those who shootup and blow up abortion clinics...instead we sit here and hope something changes or try and introduce half ___ legislation to restrict it which does not work.
    No, because most rational people understand that blowing up people in abortion clinics is actually not pro-life and contradicts any religion of peace. We can only hope to change the minds of people through discussion and pursue the reduction of unlimited abortions at any stage through the legislation process. Jack, let me know when you have children and have watched them in a 3D ultrasound. Lets have a discussion on the subject then.

And I don't understand how it would be feasible for fetuses to have equal rights as humans. The way I see it that if that becomes the case, then all pregnancies become a matter of the 'state,' and have to be monitored as such. Women (and the fathers?) would then have to be legally responsible to bring that fetus safely to term.

How would this work? Wouldn't they have to register the pregnancy with the state, to protect and ensure that nothing illegal was done to the fetus? And if anything does goes wrong with the pregnancy would they not then have to be able to prove that they did nothing to cause the issue? And if anyone....man, woman, physician.....purposely ended a pregnancy than they would be guilty of murder, and would all have to be treated as such.

As with most people, I definetly don't like the idea of abortion. But I like the alternative far less.
    It's a slippery slope. One no one wants to wade into that doesn't have an agenda. If you don't like abortion, fine. Don't slap a sticker on your car, don't attend rallies, and don't label yourself a pro-lifer. Just be against something. I hate tomatoes. Their texture makes me ill. I'm not going to toss a bottle of ketchup at someone trying to buy tomatoes at a store. I will just avoid tomatoes. Why should I try to get tomatoes outlawed because I feel tomatoes are an injustice on the face of the Earth as we know it? Millions of tomatoes are slaughtered for consumption each year and no one bats an eye. Each tomato sliced...is a tomato murdered. Don't get me started on how I feel about Mustard.

No, because most rational people understand that blowing up people in abortion clinics is actually not pro-life and contradicts any religion of peace. We can only hope to change the minds of people through discussion and pursue the reduction of unlimited abortions at any stage through the legislation process. Jack, let me know when you have children and have watched them in a 3D ultrasound. Lets have a discussion on the subject then.
    Please, if its stopping these murders than it is totally justified. If I knew there was a building a block away from me killing little two year old toddlers I would stop the killers by any means necessary with no questioned asked and most people would not care about being conceived as "peaceful." Same way as if someone was coming after me and my children most people would kill that person no questions asked...even though the bible obviously says "thou shall not kill"

Regarding my children..I would personally never have an abortion, never would cross my mind, but that is not the point here. The point is the right to choose, if government should be involved and whether or not it is murder.

Blog Entries

I don't use the term fetus because of what I viewed from my children's 3D-Ultrasound. I watched a child with eyes, arms, fingers, legs and finger nails sucking their thumbs and moving within the womb. I witnessed a child, not a fetus that is capable of feeling pain inside the womb and respond to pressure or stress from outside of the womb. For the record women are prosecuted today and held legally responsible for drug use while carrying a child. People are also charged with the death of a unborn child in murder cases and in auto accidents, so people are held responsible for the death of an unborn child today.

Let me ask the same question of you, do you have children and have to watched them in a 3D Ultrasound? If you have do so, would you be okay with aborting your child at 6,7,8 or 9 months?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Murder is defined by the state. Fetus are not afforded human rights by manipulation of privacy doctrines. There is no consensus on fetuses being human beings in the US until they escape the prison of the womb. We are a screwed up society.

We've killed more fetuses than Jews by Hitler. Showing a fetus in agony by abortion is considered bad. Showing the plight of unwed mothers is heartbreaking.

I don't use the term fetus because of what I viewed from my children's 3D-Ultrasound. I watched a child with eyes, arms, fingers, legs and finger nails sucking their thumbs and moving within the womb. I witnessed a child, not a fetus that is capable of feeling pain inside the womb and respond to pressure or stress from outside of the womb. For the record women are prosecuted today and held legally responsible for drug use while carrying a child. People are also charged with the death of a unborn child in murder cases and in auto accidents, so people are held responsible for the death of an unborn child today.

Let me ask the same question of you, do you have children and have to watched them in a 3D Ultrasound? If you have do so, would you be okay with aborting your child at 6,7,8 or 9 months?
    Of course, whatever terms you choose to use or not use is your right. But with all due respect, whether you choose to use them or not does not in any way diminish it. The word 'fetus' exists because it has a specific meaning, as does the term 'human,' and they are two different things.

And although you did not answer my questions, I will answer yours: yes, I have seen 3D US's of fetuses, and sometime ago. I stand by my post above.

Now will you answer the questions I posed in my earlier post?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Please, if its stopping these murders than it is totally justified. If I knew there was a building a block away from me killing little two year old toddlers I would stop the killers by any means necessary with no questioned asked and most people would not care about being conceived as "peaceful." Same way as if someone was coming after me and my children most people would kill that person no questions asked...even though the bible obviously says "thou shall not kill"

Regarding my children..I would personally never have an abortion, never would cross my mind, but that is not the point here. The point is the right to choose, if government should be involved and whether or not it is murder.
    So what's the difference between killing a fetus, a living soul, and killing a two year old toddler, or a 50 year old adult? The point is the right to choose, according to you, right? Government should not be involved in my choice to kill, right? Unfortunately, that is the way society is today. There is a killing every day, practically every 5 minutes, because the person has "chosen" to kill, either by abortion, or gun, or stabbing, or poison..... A person doesn't want government involvement until they see it is in "their" best interest to want government involvement. If people just used common sense and had moral values, there would be much less government involvement or need for government involvement. Moral values say don't steal or kill or harm thy neighbor. Yet today's society is nothing more than "what about me, me, me...."

So the kids who recently shot and killed in Acadiana park, according to you, had it in their right to do so because it was their choice. It's because of thinking like this that government is needed. It starts with a simple not respecting your neighbor, your university, your state, your country.....not respecting the flag....and resorts to killing because it is "your right to choose."

Blog Entries

Default Re: More ____ of America...This time it hits home

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, what data is questionable and what studies are corrupted? The ones that dont confirm your worldview? The ones that make you uncomfortable? Or all of them? All data and all scientific studies?
    When you show me the FBI data that proves Christians kill move people in America then Moslems terrorist World Wide. I'm looking forward to reading the statistics that show thousands of Americans killed or as many as in Brussels, Paris, Iraq, Nigeria and India yearly or even in the past five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I won't get into a detailed discussion about abortion with any particular individual, because those in favor of abortion will probably never change their mind. I can only feel sorry and pray for them because they can't (or won't) admit that a fetus is indeed a living being. Why would a woman need an abortion if the fetus was not a living being? Only living things have the ability to grow. Inanimate objects don't grow! All human life deserves to be protected, from the time of conception until natural death.

Those that don't agree are simply wrong!
    I do not agree with what you say sir, but I will defend to my death your right to say it. Unless you decide to plaster your beliefs in public and blather about clumps of cells at conception being human beings. A piece of coal ends up as a Diamond at the end of it's process. That does not make the lump of coal as valuable. I'm for choice. Not just female's choice. If god wanted us to protect every human life with such fervor, he wouldn't have given me a scrotum with literally billions of them just in case something goes wrong. It's a biological process...like evolution (I'm bringing the ____ing wood today baby!!!)...nothing more. What we choose to do with our lives after is our goddamn business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast