Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 145

Thread: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    911
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    Can we get a call


  2. #82
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Ugh. I just turned the 2nd game on. What happened? Salami?
    Yep. Trahan can't pitch against Florida.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    70

    Default

    It's hard to respect sec officials in non conference games. They are not even trying to make it look like an evenly called game. It's like your playing the sec your gonna have to beat the umps too and there's nothing you can do about it.


  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,529

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    Not a salami. Neither of our pitchers can get them out.

    6-0 florida still batting with 1 out in the first inning.


  5. #85
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    Ouch.


  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    911
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    0 for 3. On calls 2 outs on the umps


  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,529

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    It's hard to respect sec officials in non conference games. They are not even trying to make it look like an evenly called game. It's like your playing the sec your gonna have to beat the umps too and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Umpires are not the reason we are getting beat.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    Wow!!! Second time today bat hits ball in the field of play. Should be outs, both called hits. Rest my previous case.


  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,529

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    7-0


  10. #90
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Umpires are not the reason we are getting beat.
    You're right. A couple of bad calls aren't helping...but their pitching is shutting down our hitting...and our pitching isn't good enough to shut them down.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Umpires are not the reason we are getting beat.
    We will never know the answer to that. Ump squeezes the zone early, pitcher gets behind in counts than has to put it on a tee for Florida to hit it. On the other hand we have to swing at a strike zone that is 3 feet circle. That's not even counting the two bunts that hit bats for outs or the terrible call at first. So I guess I'm disagreeing with you. It won't look like this in regionals with neutral umpires.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    952

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    If an out is an out then those runs dont score so yea the umps are losing game 2 for us.


  13. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    You're right. A couple of bad calls aren't helping...but their pitching is shutting down our hitting...and our pitching isn't good enough to shut them down.
    Not knocking anyone. FLA just miles better.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    952

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    Les miles has nothing to do with it. 2 free base runners on outs does. Doesnt mean we would win but it would not be 7 0.


  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We will never know the answer to that. Ump squeezes the zone early, pitcher gets behind in counts than has to put it on a tee for Florida to hit it. On the other hand we have to swing at a strike zone that is 3 feet circle. That's not even counting the two bunts that hit bats for outs or the terrible call at first. So I guess I'm disagreeing with you. It won't look like this in regionals with neutral umpires.
    Ha ha. You give Florida zero credit and blame everything on the umps.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not knocking anyone. FLA just miles better.
    I'm not saying they arent the better team either, especially without Elkins. I just wish I could see a well officiated game and let them prove it.

  17. #97
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not knocking anyone. FLA just miles better.
    Yep. Just not competitive so far in this game.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Ha ha. You give Florida zero credit and blame everything on the umps.
    Florida is number one and they would have probably won the first and be winning this game anyway. Are you watching the game are following stats looking at numbers. In 8 innings I've seen 4 outs where Florida players got on base because of bad or missed calls.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    911
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

    No doubt, We have to play a lot better .
    Florida is better than us TODAY .
    TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY


  20. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    715

    Default

    UL pitchers have two choices. Hit the corners and walk every batter or throw down the middle and give up the home run.


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •