Thread: Alfred Lamson

Default Alfred Lamson

You guys should enjoy this one. As I noted in the post, I still miss Alfred. Those of you who never got to know, or even meet, the man for whom the softball park is named, missed a treat. He was a kind, generous man, and a hoot and a half.

And one of the most impressive things about him is that he was UL's #1 supporter (actually, his UL license plate was '2') and he didn't even go to school here. He went to one of the Wesleyan schools in the Midwest.

He also went to flight school for WWII. After he crashed two planes, they put him elsewhere. Like I said, he was a hoot and a half.

And if you're ever in the Petroleum Club, look at the pictures of the PC boards over the years. In the picture of the founding board, you will see a very young, hardly recognizable Alfred.

http://bookscrounger.com/2016/03/30/pejoratives/

Default Re: Alfred Lamson

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

And one of the most impressive things about him is that he was UL's #1 supporter (actually, his UL license plate was '2') and he didn't even go to school here.
    Cause ole Dr. A got the 1 license plate?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Cause ole Dr. A got the 1 license plate?
    Yes he did.

He's buried in the same cemetery as my folks here in Lafayette so he forever remains with us here in Cajun Country.