Thread: UL set to unveil priority points seating plan

1. Default UL set to unveil priority points seating plan

RCAF meeting scheduled for Saturday morning to announce all the details

Default Re: UL set to unveil priority points seating plan

Jim Harris says there is a "template". If you search, there are so many variations of point systems, to me the template would be pretty close to blank. Do a quick Google search and you will see what I am talking about.

Think our system will look closer to this one? http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1515054

I still do not get the warm and fuzzy. This is one example where the scale is weight heavily on the "annual giving" side. I have a feeling that our system will be the same way. But I guess we will see on Saturday. Call me pessimistic.

I'm all for the points system in bowl seating prioritization and post season seat assignments. I also understand that you are going to relocate people when (and if) the stadium renovation comes around but I just don't want to see people who have been purchasing certain seats for years to get bumped because someone else donated $500 more that particular year. I have no idea if it can be that simple but that is my fear. Its hard to start bumping people out of long held seats when you just averaged 20,000 in attendance last year.

I don't think reseating for football will take place until the stadium is renovated. At least that is what I am thinking. I think this first round of reseating will only affect baseball and basketball because those venues are being renovated. At least that is what I read into it.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I dont see this affecting baseball all that much for current holders. Everything I've heard is that current STH's will get first crack to renew their seats as close as they can to the new area. The point system will probably set the hierarchy within that current STH group. Since there will be more grandstand seats than there are now, everyone should be accommodated. To be honest, if I have to move a few rows or slide over some, I'm not going to be that mad. It's a completely new configuration, so I dont expect to be in the same spot.

We'll see if that's not the case when we come to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I dont see this affecting baseball all that much for current holders. Everything I've heard is that current STH's will get first crack to renew their seats as close as they can to the new area. The point system will probably set the hierarchy within that current STH group. Since there will be more grandstand seats than there are now, everyone should be accommodated. To be honest, if I have to move a few rows or slide over some, I'm not going to be that mad. It's a completely new configuration, so I dont expect to be in the same spot.

We'll see if that's not the case when we come to it.
    But will the cost of those same seats still be near the same? Or will your same seats now require a certain RCAF donation and/or a seat license fee?

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    But will the cost of those same seats still be near the same? Or will your same seats now require a certain RCAF donation and/or a seat license fee?
    I'm thinking that baseball will be fairly close to how softball does it in regards to seating. Roughly 50% of cost (not looking at my softball invoice) is the cost of the seat and the balance is your Excellence Fund contribution to RCAF.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I'm thinking that baseball will be fairly close to how softball does it in regards to seating. Roughly 50% of cost (not looking at my softball invoice) is the cost of the seat and the balance is your Excellence Fund contribution to RCAF.
    ---Experience is a great teacher---Having been there and done that can't hurt

Harris I would presume knows how to do it and what the problems might have been at Indiana---No doubt there will be the prissed off and the happy!!

Great question, and yes we do have a plan. We realize that several of our season ticket holders pool their tickets together under one account name. Others go together to purchase ticket areas (such as a field box in baseball). All we will need is something written (email will work) from all parties involved in purchasing the tickets/box and we can credit each account for the total number of years the box has been purchased together.

We don't need that information yet, but by the time we are ready to go "live" with the system we will need this information (over the summer).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Baseball already requires a seat license fee.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Baseball already requires a seat license fee.
    ---FB, MBB &WBB (not sure how that works with money distribution), baseball, and softball all I think have seat accessments of some sort or name!!!

We have been citing the need for this for a long time.............But something tells me this whole thing will be a complete and total clusterf[]ck.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The newspaper story was a bit misleading.

The reseating plan will NOT be addressed at this meeting on Saturday. This is just to explain how the priority point system will work.

After everyone has a chance to digest that, the reseating plan will be revealed. That will be 6-8 weeks after this Saturday's meeting.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Jay can I borrow some money so I can donate to RCAF and not lose my seat for baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Jim Harris says there is a "template". If you search, there are so many variations of point systems, to me the template would be pretty close to blank. Do a quick Google search and you will see what I am talking about.

Think our system will look closer to this one? http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1515054

I still do not get the warm and fuzzy. This is one example where the scale is weight heavily on the "annual giving" side. I have a feeling that our system will be the same way. But I guess we will see on Saturday. Call me pessimistic.
    Why should you be any different from most others who post on this board? I just hope those who are being so negative will say something positive after the meeting Saturday.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Because he knows the UL history he is worried.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Why should you be any different from most others who post on this board? I just hope those who are being so negative will say something positive after the meeting Saturday.
    I will be the 1st one to admit I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I am pleased to see a few things in the priority point system. Credit for Excellence Funds & accumulative points for season ticket years. This will defiantly help those of us who have had the premium seats for a number of years.

Any know when we can expect to see what our number is and where we rank?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I am pleased to see a few things in the priority point system. Credit for Excellence Funds & accumulative points for season ticket years. This will defiantly help those of us who have had the premium seats for a number of years.

Any know when we can expect to see what our number is and where we rank?
    Jim mentioned it should be about 2-3 weeks, but with the suggestions from those who utilized the question and answer period, it will probably take a little longer due to the tweaks that will be made.