Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 301

Thread: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Again, why do they have to approve? Simply add a ticket fee as part of tuition and fees m.
    Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression that we already have a few in place for this exact thing.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    458

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajuns Release Consultant Report

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Just for the record this is not the entire report. Also, I've been told that UL will retain the services of the consultants going forward.
    Brother Brian, UL will retain the services of the consultants going forward. However, if Dr. Savoie does not follow there recommendations, they will pick up there toys and go home. Guaranteed!!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    By UL system rule, student fees must be self imposed by vote. UL can't add a ticket fee, but it can simply stop letting students in free, charging either full price or a reduced price with ID.
    Keep in mind, we're discussing the generation who overwhelmingly supports Bernie "Free $*!# " Sanders. Good luck getting them to attend if its no longer free.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,038
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Release Consultant Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    Brother Brian, UL will retain the services of the consultants going forward. However, if Dr. Savoie does not follow there recommendations, they will pick up there toys and go home. Guaranteed!!
    Next move is his Mike, after that we will just have to wait. For me it's simple, if the same captain remains at the wheel the iceberg is straight ahead.

  5. #65
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,577

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Release Consultant Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    Brother Brian, UL will retain the services of the consultants going forward. However, if Dr. Savoie does not follow there recommendations, they will pick up there toys and go home. Guaranteed!!
    Son of a _____... Look who showed up!!

    Z

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,038
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    I'll cross that bridge when it gets here
    I understand, enjoy it while you can because D-Day is coming sooner than later. The report clearly states these funds can't just be raised by supporters.

  7. #67
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,577

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I understand, enjoy it while you can because D-Day is coming sooner than later. The report clearly states these funds can't just be raised by supporters.
    But, but, but... we always take great pride in stating that we are the cheapest University in the South!!! This would ruin everything!

    Z

  8. #68
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,104

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Release Consultant Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    Brother Brian, UL will retain the services of the consultants going forward. However, if Dr. Savoie does not follow there recommendations, they will pick up there toys and go home. Guaranteed!!
    They won't be the only ones picking up their toys. The fishing holes will be full of ex-Cajuns fans.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,038
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    Keep in mind, we're discussing the generation who overwhelmingly supports Bernie "Free $*!# " Sanders. Good luck getting them to attend if its no longer free.
    Well, then they will find themselves sitting outside for major sporting events in the future in baseball, football, softball and basketball. If they are not giving a dime now, where does it hurt you? Notice, the report talks about season tickets revenue and not attendance. Free tickets only inflates your attendance numbers, it does nothing to increase your revenue.

  10. #70
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,577

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Release Consultant Report

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    They won't be the only ones picking up their toys. The fishing holes will be full of ex-Cajuns fans.
    You know how much money could have been saved if 2 years ago these clowns in charge would have just listened to a certain someone who almost verbatim said the same thing as Alden?

    Z

    The ____ing hits keep coming!!

  11. #71
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,036

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Bourbon and water under the bridge.....


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,429

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    One of the competitor's questionnaire mentioned misspelled words on the cajundome jumbotron. I'm glad that was mentioned because when I see that kind of stuff my blood boils. It's amateur and so embarrassing.


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,429

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    "Baseball has potential." .... GFY dude.


  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression that we already have a few in place for this exact thing.
    You're right. They already pay a ticket fee. That's why they get in "free." I think it's $100/yr. And to the average student who doesn't attend many games, it's no bargain.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    Keep in mind, we're discussing the generation who overwhelmingly supports Bernie "Free $*!# " Sanders. Good luck getting them to attend if its no longer free.
    A student fee is the most Bernie Sandersesque thing you could do.

    Subsidizing your government run entertainment with other people's money.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,038
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    You're right. They already pay a ticket fee. That's why they get in "free." I think it's $100/yr.
    CajunRebel, I look at the fees that I pay since I have one at UL now, two last year. What is it listed as, because nowhere have I seen a described ticket fee?

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    CajunRebel, I look at the fees that I pay since I have one at UL now, two last year. What is it listed as, because nowhere have I seen a described ticket fee?
    Hell, if I'm wrong I'll admit it but I'm almost positive there is a ticket fee. Do you happen to have a list of the student fees?

  18. Default Room to grow

    The University of Louisiana reached out to former Missouri athletic director Mike Alden several months ago, asking him to perform a wide-ranging analysis of the school's athletic programs and the revenue they bring in. On Monday,...


    The rest of the story
    THE Advocate


  19. #79
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,104

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    "Baseball has potential." .....GFY dude.
    How would you describe the baseball program differently than that? It is pretty clearly our second best program, but nationally, how else could you describe it other than "has potential"?

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I apologize if I offended you. Of course some of our alumni with money have stepped up, some in a very big way. My point is that we have done a horrible job of promoting ourselves outside our alumni circle. We don't need to find 1000 people to put up $10000 each; we need to sell all of our athletic contests as self-produced packages to ESPN, FSN and others at a profit; we need to quit giving our product away for others to profit from it. We need to quit letting students in free to games, since we won't get a fee. We need to establish our brand as strongly as possible nationwide, even worldwide. A person in Poland or South Africa can buy our merchandise as easily as one from Lafayette. We have not even begun to tap our potential market.
    Can't say that I disagree with that comment. That said, I have to admit I'm not familiar with the rules regarding student fee's, but the previous comment regarding the fact that our tuition up until recently was the lowest in the state. Not sure why we have to get student approval to raise fee's , if that's the case then let raise tuition 3% that would be around $240 a year and or $20.00 month increase. Even during these difficult times, that seems doable. No doubt the branding issues is important, and I assume that is one of the reasons they hired a consultant, and hopefully they will recommend a plan of action to make this happen.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •