Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 301

Thread: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

  1. #221
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,181

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    The name is a big issue... but if we somehow miraculously got the name tomorrow, and failed to follow through on the rest of the recommended actions in the report, all we will have done is gotten a name we like on our athletic tombstone.

    And if we follow through with the rest of the report, the name will cease to be an important issue, because people will call us what we want, or we will be so happy with our success that we don't care about the name any more..


  2. #222
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The name is a big issue... but if we somehow miraculously got the name tomorrow, and failed to follow through on the rest of the recommended actions in the report, all we will have done is gotten a name we like on our athletic tombstone.

    And if we follow through with the rest of the report, the name will cease to be an important issue, because people will call us what we want, or we will be so happy with our success that we don't care about the name any more..

    "Win and they will call you what you want"
    -J. Kelly Hall (RIP)

  3. #223
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    "Win and they will call you what you want"
    -J. Kelly Hall (RIP)
    Hard to argue with Coach.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,352

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    I think we should call ourselves University of Youngsville. UY, YU, or U-YOU.


  5. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    I think we should call ourselves University of Youngsville. UY, YU, or U-YOU.

    I think you mean Southside University.

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,548
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Guys....the name thing IS important.....there is one Hell of a lot more than that in this report.....
    Agree

  7. #227
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,602

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Agree
    ---Just wondering about some points to be addressed and how we would enact it

    Some examples from you guys---do we have the money or any other needed resources for action???


  8. #228
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,181

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Just wondering about some points to be addressed and how we would enact it

    Some examples from you guys---do we have the money or any other needed resources for action???

    Boomer, it isn't a question about whether we can afford to do it, but about we can't afford NOT to do it. Just like I have been telling you for years; none of these actions are expenses, they are investments.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,445

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    E

    Quote Originally Posted by uslol'dog View Post
    Many on this board will agree that if we can't get our name right, if we can't even decide what to call ourselves, how we brand ourselves, then we are screwed from the "get go". I submitted this ideal years ago. We need to get out of the Louisiana name battle and attack from a totally different angle. ULM, LA Tech, LSU, Lafayette, ULLLL...it's all exhausting.

    Are you ready? ACADIANA UNIVERSITY. The Acadiana Ragin' Cajuns.. ARC. No more confusion with Lafayette Leopards. No more "you guys are in Monroe right?" It sets us apart. It will take time but will work. There is no other Acadiana, no other Ragin' Cajuns. Do it.
    That would have more bite and regional identity if it were "Universitč des Acądian"

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,796

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Guys....the name thing IS important.....there is one Hell of a lot more than that in this report.....
    I agree. But the way I see it is that there is so much that could reviewed and discussed that's hard to see how we should break it down to do so. Don't know if there is a better way, but here are the 8 recommendations that are classified in the 'immediate' timeframe. Maybe we can start with these?


    UL ICA Analysis Project Strategic Recommendations


    I. Formulate staffing plan to position UL to compete successfully.


    II. Create a competitive marketplace for expanded UL programming and set the stage for bringing in a multimedia agency to maximize revenues and resources
    a. RFP for Multimedia Rights by selecting a multimedia agency to collaborate on media agreements and sponsorships

    Maybe I'm wrong, but I was always taught in English that you don't have an "a" item if you don't also have at least a "b" item, lol.

    III. Communication Strategy for UL Leadership with Peer/Aspirational Schools/Conferences.


    IV. Begin a new, pure Priority Seating Program/Point System
    Seems to me we are already doing this

    V. Develop 6 Year Institutional Support Plan (% of ICA Budget)
    FY17 52% --- FY18 52% --- FY19 50% FY20 45% --- FY21 43% --- FY22 40% FY23 35% --- FY24 30%

    Very relevant, IMHO, especially given all the discussion recently about HB 4971


    VI. Develop a formalize Internship Program to include marketing, development, game operations, and ticketing

    To me ths seems like a relatively easy one to get done

    VII. Develop and implement a comprehensive football season ticket Marketing and Sales Campaign

    Another pretty easy one, IMHO.

    VIII. Develop and implement a comprehensive football Game Day Operations and Marketing Master Plan

  11. #231
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,602

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Boomer, it isn't a question about whether we can afford to do it, but about we can't afford NOT to do it. Just like I have been telling you for years; none of these actions are expenses, they are investments.
    ---So if the funding isn't there, you do what---that was my question of what can be done now that the money is there for??? I don't think that the school can take out a loan and gamble for success like a business can! The only people that will work for free are Beau and I!!! lol

  12. #232
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Just call us the Ragin Cajuns School of Ragin Cajuns
    This branding is not hard we make it way to difficult on ourselves. Look if we can not use UL, or ULA, and we want to brand ourselves as Louisiana then let's do it. Look at Nebraska ( NEB), Florida (FLA), Alabama (BAMA), Texas (TEX), Missouri (MIZZOU), Kentucky (KEN), California (CAL), Nevada (NEV), Washington ( WASH ), Tennessee (Tenn) Pennsylvania State ( PENN St.) do we really need more examples.

    Let's just do Louisiana (LOU) not LOUIS that's Louisville, LOU would work perfectly

    LARC give me a break.

  13. #233
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This branding is not hard we make it way to difficult on ourselves. Look if we can not use UL, or ULA, and we want to brand ourselves as Louisiana then let's do it. Look at Nebraska ( NEB), Florida (FLA), Alabama (BAMA), Texas (TEX), Missouri (MIZZOU), Kentucky (KEN), California (CAL), Nevada (NEV), Washington ( WASH ), Tennessee (Tenn) Pennsylvania State ( PENN St.) do we really need more examples.

    Let's just do Louisiana (LOU) not LOUIS that's Louisville, LOU would work perfectly

    LARC give me a break.
    LOU is Louisville....

  14. #234
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    698

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Well they don't own both, let's do Louis. I take that everyday and twice on Sundays, Louis is better, then LOU, According to this no one has the LOUIS acronym.

    http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/LOUis

    Why are we so worried about LOU anyway, you have colleges with the same acronym. USC (South Carolina, Soufhern California), ASU (Alabama State, Alcorn State), AU(American, Auburn). UA ( Arizone, Alabama) MSU ( Michigan St., Mississippi St.) etc. y'all get my point.

    I actually prefer LOUIS that was my first choice


  15. #235
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,548
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    In the early 60's the Post Office did Louisiana a favor by standardizing the abbreviation to La.

    Sometime later they did it again with the move to LA (all caps)

    LA perfect for Louisiana, perfect for the ticker. Not confused with L.A.


  16. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,798

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    I think you mean Southside University.
    You are on your game.

  17. #237
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,025
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---So if the funding isn't there, you do what---that was my question of what can be done now that the money is there for??? I don't think that the school can take out a loan and gamble for success like a business can! The only people that will work for free are Beau and I!!! lol
    Boomer... we're going to make UL great again. We're going to win so much that you're going to get tired of winning. We're going to build a fence around Louisiana and we're going to make Texas, Mississippi and Arkansas pay for it. Ok?

  18. #238
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    698

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Edit: Using the acronym UL. -Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results (Albert Einstein). We can expect more of the same from the Media and Sunbelt Conference, while breaking the law.


  19. #239
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,548
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting dfferent result (Albert Einstein). We can expect more of the same from the Media and Sunbelt Conference, while breaking the law.
    . "Louisiana" does not break the Law, never did.

  20. #240
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    . "Louisiana" does not break the Law, never did.
    No I was referring to the term UL.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •