Thread: Hardy commits to Cajuns

UL Basketball Hardy commits to Cajuns

St. Louis (LA) Catholic guard P.J. Hardy tells me he's committed to the Cajuns.

http://www.scout.com/college/louisia...s/ms/182308728

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Hardy commits to Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    St. Louis (LA) Catholic guard P.J. Hardy tells me he's committed to the Cajuns.

http://www.scout.com/college/louisia...s/ms/182308728
    Thanks Josh!!

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

His brother was a good player. I know the staff is high on him.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    ---Does anybody know who the first Head Coach at Saint Louis H S was???

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I do not know who the first coach was but current coach Rick Lebato was an assistant here under CoAch Lee. I remember some disappointment that Coach Marlin did not retain him. Maybe time has healed those old wounds. Some may say this kid cannot play as only SLC schools were interested. However one of those was Stephen F.Austin. The Lumberjacks were probably the best southern mid major over the last 3 years. They were one rebound away from the sweet sixteen a few days ago. The fact they were interested gives me hope he can contribute. I like the fact he is known for making tight passes. Our current point guard should look to do that more frequently vs the tunnel vision he has at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I do not know who the first coach was but current coach Rick Lebato was an assistant here under CoAch Lee. I remember some disappointment that Coach Marlin did not retain him. Maybe time has healed those old wounds. Some may say this kid cannot play as only SLC schools were interested. However one of those was Stephen F.Austin. The Lumberjacks were probably the best southern mid major over the last 3 years. They were one rebound away from the sweet sixteen a few days ago. The fact they were interested gives me hope he can contribute. I like the fact he is known for making tight passes. Our current point guard should look to do that more frequently vs the tunnel vision he has at times.
    I know Boomer coached football there when they first opened....hmmm

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I know Boomer coached football there when they first opened....hmmm
    Very limited competition for him. I hope that is because he was active in baseball and overlooked. Otherwise...

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Interested ain't offering a scholarship. I'd bet they had lots of fall back guys they were interested in.

As for this staff being high on a recruit? Well they better be.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Completely agree. Kevin Hardy was a versatile guard at McNeese. All-SLC third team/All-SLC Defensive Team/13.5 ppg/6.7 rpg/4 apg/2.7 spg/1 bpg as 6-2 SR in 2014-15. He's now playing in Romania. They're different players (P.J. relies on his speed as a point guard while Kevin leaned more on his athleticism and had such a big wingspan that he was able to play on the wing and a bit inside), but P.J. has upside if he grows to be as big as Kevin and fills out his frame. Will be interesting to see how the minutes are divided up next season between Jay Wright, Kadavion Evans, P.J. Hardy and the other guards.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Very limited competition for him. I hope that is because he was active in baseball and overlooked. Otherwise...
    Hardy told me he was only able to play in a few basketball events last summer (with the Houston Lynx) during the recruiting period because of his baseball schedule. I do think he's been a bit overlooked because of baseball. Time will tell whether that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Jesus? The guy that invented the wheel?

We don't know, the rest of us weren't alive back in the 1800s like you were Boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Jesus? The guy that invented the wheel?

We don't know, the rest of us weren't alive back in the 1800s like you were Boomer.
    School opened in 1970 I believe so Boomer gets a break on this one .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    School opened in 1970 I believe so Boomer gets a break on this one .

OK guys ---It was I!!! played Ship's 1-3-1 trap and tight zone defense and Kevin Trower's Open spot and pick and roll offense---VOB you would love this as our QB (signed with the BR guys) would inbound and all our fb guys would run the tree routes

I think everybody I coached against was a McN former Bball player---After a loss and hardly anybody at the game I went home and wrote the school a fight song

Loved the school and the families and hated LC---but a former McN FB player's girl friend got me to know my wife!!! "Oh we're the Saints from St Louis HS, we fight for the Orange and the blue"---Hey Brock maybe the Bears can use it and scratch the Wisc deal!!!

Blog Entries

Boomer tell me this was a thing.

Meet me in St. Louis

"Ding Ding Ding goes Geauxs the Trower"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Boomer tell me this was a thing.

Meet me in St. Louis

"Ding Ding Ding goes Geauxs the Trower"

Meet me in Ferguson and be sure to bring a gun!!! Yea like those oldies but goodies---Trying to get you some Jack dude!!!