Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: RP Spring Fundraiser

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: RP Spring Fundraiser

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I'm all for it. 100 of us at $5 per month, we could cover all Turbine's expenses. The rest who can't find $5 can find their own site.
    I agree...and it would feel so good knowing that society's freeloaders couldn't log on.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I agree...and it would feel so good knowing that society's freeloaders couldn't log on.
    And I agree ... they can go start their own site ... wait, I guess they can't; it costs money!

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post

snote.....are you planning on having Turbine on your show anytime soon like you have done during the fundraiser in previous years? Last year, I was busy with work during the online fundraiser and hearing Turbine on your show reminded me to log in and donate.
    great idea

So...where are we? The few still have to carry the many?! Damn

Blog Entries

I know Turbine wants it to be an open site.....so how about in order to post you pay $1/month. If you want to browse the threads as a guest it's fine...but in order to post you pay an annual fee of $12. I doubt there is a noticeable drop in members and if someone decides not to pay the $12 they probably don't contribute anything worthwhile anyway.

$12 1,500 members = enough for Turbine to run undoubtedly the best fan forum on the internet

I guess I am missing the need for this to be an "open site". In my opinion, those that don't contribute to fund the site probably have nothing to contribute to its content.

Turb...start a fee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    They talked about this thread on the radio during the softball game today.
    I copied alum81's quote from the "Illegal Pitch" thread.

I heard the reference to Ragin' Pagin today too....and as soon as I heard it I thought about this (Ragin' Pagin Fundraiser) thread.

I sure hope that the handful of members who use Ragin'Pagin as a tool for their professional career are pulling their weight when it's time to help Turbine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I know Turbine wants it to be an open site.....so how about in order to post you pay $1/month. If you want to browse the threads as a guest it's fine...but in order to post you pay an annual fee of $12. I doubt there is a noticeable drop in members and if someone decides not to pay the $12 they probably don't contribute anything worthwhile anyway.

$12 1,500 members = enough for Turbine to run undoubtedly the best fan forum on the internet
    I sent $50 , I'm law enforcement , not rich, but I use RP daily and cant go a day without my fix. As a cajun alumn, I would pay whatever.. $12 fee for a year is chicken feed but a great idea. Most of us on this board pay more for beer, scotch or nice cigar..

The new Ragin Pagin logo:

Turbine...read the Alden Report...then you will probably go immediately to a paid site.

So...where are we? The few still have to carry the many?! Damn
    Isn't that always the case? Some people ask the question "What are you going to do for me today?" every day without ever offering to contribute in any way to others.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Isn't that always the case? Some people ask the question "What are you going to do for me today?" every day without ever offering to contribute in any way to others.
    Yep

Just chipped in a little more. Thanks Turb for all you do!

Blog Entries

Thank you very much, we have received $1180 so far.

Your kindness is humbling.

Alden said we need a student fee ... or a website fee ... whichever applies ... he said.

A B@tching fee assessment. Then RP could compete with the Powerball.

Alden said we need a student fee ... or a website fee ... whichever applies ... he said.
    Turbine has said over and over that he wants this to be an open site has he not??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Turbine has said over and over that he wants this to be an open site has he not??
    Yes...and your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    The new Ragin Pagin logo:

You're gonna turn this thread into a ____ show. You know Turbine's stance on politics and keeping this an open site. It's getting old.

Yes...and your point is?
    Start your own forum and you can make the rules is my point. The only disadvantages to it being a free site is the ability to pay, which is why he has the yearly fundraisers. He has complete control over the forum and can deal with trolls and bad posts as he sees fit. Y'all are turning this thread into something that it is not intended to be.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast