_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of attending colleges in Louisiana

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Cost of attending colleges in Louisiana

Very interesting read. Tuition at UL and Tech more than Refineryville.

http://theadvocate.com/news/14339688...for-more-money

And this nugget....

http://theadvocate.com/news/13640103...y-universities

Default Re: Cost of attending colleges in Louisiana

It only list student fees not total tuition

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cost of attending colleges in Louisiana

We have a very interesting situation in Metro NOLA. UNO has historically been a good commuter institution, and then they added lots of dorms. Now they are down a third in students, and another way to look at that is they have to increase their population by 50% to get back to 18K.

SUNO is a joke, most of the students barely qualify for junior college. Clearly that institution should be rolled over into a sattelite campus for Delgado, and the students that qualify should go to UNO just as what goes on in Lafayette.

ULM, LTUR, Grambling? Feds won't let us close Grambling, but ULM could become a satellite campus of Grambling, and those students who qualify could go to LTUR.

LSUS, LSUA should both be satellite for NW State.

Nicholls should be a satellite of somebody UNO, UL, or LSU.

BrokeBack U should be a UL satellite, but that will never happen. LSUE should be part of the junior college system we use in Lafayette we they don't need additional administrators there.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I read several of the articles, both the ones you linked and others linked to them. Most clearly have an agenda, and while they appear to be well researched, they fail to do any in depth analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    ULM, LTUR, Grambling? Feds won't let us close Grambling, but ULM could become a satellite campus of Grambling, and those students who qualify could go to LTUR.
    The academic standards are lower at Grambling than at ULM. Would you propose that ULM lower their standards or that Grambling raise their standards? Grambling has less students than ULM, so it wouldn't seem that ULM would "become a satellite campus of Grambling."

R (as an abbreviation of Ruston) is not part of Louisiana Tech University's name, officially or otherwise. Never has been. But, you already know that.

To your larger point, public HBCUs are certainly no longer needed in this state. It could be argued that they are actually detrimental to Louisiana higher education.

First, I think it's all "henny penny" simply because they will pass it off on the students. We don't have politicians in this state with the stones to do what is needed, so pass it off on the presidents of each university. The new governor won't touch this one, and if he did, nothing happens in his home area, so UNO, SUNO, SELU all safe.

HOWEVER, given the articles came out the BR paper, this could be the footprint of an agenda. If
    real cuts are coming that would be legislatively initiated, I'd be sweating up along I-20.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No doubt since ULM AND LTUR are both Carnigie Doctor III they should merge, send the less accomplished students to Grambling.

You can forget your white elitist attitude about HBCU. They carved out a niche when we spent almost five hundred years holding down. We aren't close to even.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    R (as an abbreviation of Ruston) is not part of Louisiana Tech University's name, officially or otherwise. Never has been. But, you already know that.
    We get it just like L (as an abbreviation of Lafayette) is not part of University of Louisiana's name, officially or otherwise. Never has been. But, you already know that.

No doubt since ULM AND LTUR are both Carnigie Doctor III they should merge, send the less accomplished students to Grambling.

You can forget your white elitist attitude about HBCU. They carved out a niche when we spent almost five hundred years holding down. We aren't close to even.

I don't see ULM/LTUR merging, but I could see ULM (and others) losing all their post grad programs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Very interesting read. Tuition at UL and Tech more than Refineryville.

http://theadvocate.com/news/14339688...for-more-money

And this nugget....

http://theadvocate.com/news/13640103...y-universities
    I was surprised at how differently each university is run. The three in north La paying their president $1M is surprising. I also didn't realize Southeastern La has such a large population of students.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMBOOTS08 View Post
    I was surprised at how differently each university is run. The three in north La paying their president $1M is surprising. I also didn't realize Southeastern La has such a large population of students.
    SELA started slowly growing with green flight across the lake pre Katrina. Really took off post Katrina. They're the new UNO.

Edit...

Oh I see below another unbroken dog has arrived. Let me put the paper out on the floor so they can roll in their own pooh.

close down LSU-S, Grambling, ULM, LSU-A, Nichols, UNO, SUNO

Delgado has more students than Ltacky and BRCC is catching up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    We get it just like L (as an abbreviation of Lafayette) is not part of University of Louisiana's name, officially or otherwise. Never has been. But, you already know that.
    He gets it, but just won't accept it. It's all part of his hatred of us....you know, like repeatedly calling us 'cheaters,' 'illegal and unethical.' Oh, and 'uneducated.'

Lafayette is part of the name of the university in Lafayette. Ruston is not part of Tech's name.

I don't know what a "white elitist attitude" is. I also don't know what "we aren't close to even" means. My comment had to do with economics and academic standards.

Lafayette is part of the name of the university in Lafayette. Ruston is not part of Tech's name.
    Tech is not your official name. Stop calling yourself Tech. Did you go to school in Georgia or Texas?

Blog Entries

No it isn't, never has been.

Geography clarification is required on official documents but the law is crystal clear, Lafayette is not part of the name.

No it isn't, never has been.

Geography clarification is required on official documents but the law is crystal clear, Lafayette is not part of the name.
    How do you arrive at that conclusion?

How do you arrive at that conclusion?
    Because unlike you, he actually knows what he is talking about.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast