_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LCA forward Galen Alexander ruled eligible

Default LCA forward Galen Alexander ruled eligible

Tranferred from BBHS before the season. One of the top players in the nation.

"Alexander had been ruled ineligible by the LHSAA after moving to LCA from Breaux Bridge this season, but LCA challenged the LHSAA's decision eventually bringing the case in front of a third-part arbitrator after exhausting all of their options."

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/s...ason/79178720/

Default Re: LCA forward Galen Alexander ruled eligible

Coincidentally.....he will get to play against Eric Mouton tonight who was the main catalyst that caused the kid to miss 23 games.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Coincidentally.....he will get to play against Eric Mouton tonight who was the main catalyst that caused the kid to miss 23 games.
    LCA is becoming the John Curtis and Evangel of High School Basketball. I hope their full out recruiting doesn't lead to a "split" in basketball like we've seen in football over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    LCA is becoming the John Curtis and Evangel of High School Basketball. I hope their full out recruiting doesn't lead to a "split" in basketball like we've seen in football over the last few years.
    Only one of their recent grads is playing college ball, and he's sitting at the end Bob Marlin's bench. They have never won an LHSAA state championship, sooooo.......John Curtis and Evangel is a bit of a stretch to me.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Only one of their recent grads is playing college ball, and he's sitting at the end Bob Marlin's bench. They have never won an LHSAA state championship, sooooo.......John Curtis and Evangel is a bit of a stretch to me.
    They would win every classification this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    They would win every classification this year.
    With kids that have been there since grade school and, now, a transfer from BB that wanted to be coached by Starks.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

With kids that have been there since grade school and, now, a transfer from BB that wanted to be coached by Starks.
    I went to a private school. I know the deal.

Born, raised & currently reside in Lafayette

You are mistaken about that. I believe that the Ledoux brothers transferred in from North Central during their freshman year. I know for a fact that LCA is actively recruiting players. They recruited a player from STM this year. In my opinion, Mouton has raised some valid points in regards to the "methods' that they use to attract players to their program.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Must be hell to have a new player in the private school recruiting game after years of only a few programs to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    You are mistaken about that. I believe that the Ledoux brothers transferred in from North Central during their freshman year. I know for a fact that LCA is actively recruiting players. They recruited a player from STM this year. In my opinion, Mouton has raised some valid points in regards to the "methods' that they use to attract players to their program.
    Whatever the case, it would never justify a coach cussing at an opposing player. The article in the paper did not tell the part where he looked at the fans and grabbed his crotch on the way to the locker room at halftime.

He started intentionally fouling with 7 minutes left down by 40. He had the clock operator continuously run the clock through the free throws to avoid getting a hundred hung on him. The irony: the hundredth point came on. An intentional flagrant free throw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    I haven't heard Mouton's comments, but if their methods are violating LHSAA bylaws then file a complaint. But it's my understanding he has known Coach Starks for sometime and if it is within the bylaws, he should have the option of transferring after sitting out. I remember a football player named Javon Walker that lived one block from Northside and ended up at STM. I also remember the outrage from parents at that program and how STM had to defend themselves. Lets not pretend everyone transferred to STM for the education, there have been a few athletes that have played in the baseball and softball programs over the years that came from public feeder schools.

I heard similar things at Teurlings HS when Dylan Bossier followed D'Shaie Landor to play in the football program. Folks from Carencro were not to happy and made a number of allegations, none were found to be accurate after inquiries from the LHSAA.

I've had two children play high school sports, one at Teurlings and the other at Comeaux. I've seen it from both sides and people are always quick to make allegations. I believe if an athlete wants to transfer to another school, public or private and meets the requirements, I have no problems with it.

Mouton filed the original complaint.

Blog Entries

Mouton filed the original complaint. I've seen it in writing.
    And? What was the final ruling?

No evidence to make him ineligible.

I thought it interesting that the AES coach said that LCA could beat the Cajuns. Yeah, don't think so. That's a bit insulting.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/s...opal/79174694/

Did Mouton and Starks play together?

Sorry, Too lazy to google it & too young to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    I thought it interesting that the AES coach said that LCA could beat the Cajuns. Yeah, don't think so. That's a bit insulting.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/s...opal/79174694/
    Goes to show you how stupid, verbose and egomaniacal high school basketball coaches can be. Especially in the AAU era.

Yes Eric and Byron played together.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Goes to show you how stupid, verbose and egomaniacal high school basketball coaches can be. Especially in the AAU era.
    MAT. considering Eric played for the Cajuns, I really don't think he was serious about that comment. I think it was after the frustration of Byron leaving his starters in for the ENTIRE game to exact revenge on Mouton for bringing up Alexander's eligibility. Was VERY disappointed that Byron would do that. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    MAT. considering Eric played for the Cajuns, I really don't think he was serious about that comment. I think it was after the frustration of Byron leaving his starters in for the ENTIRE game to exact revenge on Mouton for bringing up Alexander's eligibility. Was VERY disappointed that Byron would do that. jmo
    Ok, thanks for clarity on it.

Byron is a nice guy and all, but he's done many questionable things in the way of competive decorum. Not to mention, as was mentioned before, he's directly connected to all the under handed, shady crap going on at LCA. I've lost a lot of respect for him over the years.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast