UL football recruiting notes, including walk-on commit and a visitor

Default Re: Cajun recruiting 2016, walk-on commits

Link is not right

Blog Entries

Fixed.

Thanks

Anyone know what happened to Beverly the OL commit?

if Bernie sanders implements "free college for all" how would this affect football. currently if a player is on any scholarship (even academic) they are considered a "counter" to football. however, this is different than baseball, any non-baseball scholarship does not make someone a "counter" for that sport. thus a football scholarship player could walk on to baseball or basketball but not the other way around without becoming a football "counter" (this is my understanding)
    if accurate....let's now look at Bernie's plan. when everyone goes to school free (thus on scholarship) it would seem as if football is then limited to the 85, thus in essence outlawing "walk-ons" because those walk-ons are now counters due to their academic scholarship. thoughts.....I think this would be helpful to G5 because P5 would now be limited in their ability to "stockpile" past the 85 limit, with walk-ons as well as gray shirts. however, im sure NCAA would immediately change the rule, but let's see....

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    if Bernie sanders implements "free college for all" how would this affect football. currently if a player is on any scholarship (even academic) they are considered a "counter" to football. however, this is different than baseball, any non-baseball scholarship does not make someone a "counter" for that sport. thus a football scholarship player could walk on to baseball or basketball but not the other way around without becoming a football "counter" (this is my understanding)
    if accurate....let's now look at Bernie's plan. when everyone goes to school free (thus on scholarship) it would seem as if football is then limited to the 85, thus in essence outlawing "walk-ons" because those walk-ons are now counters due to their academic scholarship. thoughts.....I think this would be helpful to G5 because P5 would now be limited in their ability to "stockpile" past the 85 limit, with walk-ons as well as gray shirts. however, im sure NCAA would immediately change the rule, but let's see....
    Then how do our coaches ask kids with TOPS to walk on?

Unless something has very recently changed, academic scholarships do not count against the 85 limit for football

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Beverly the OL commit?
    He was dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Unless something has very recently changed, academic scholarships do not count against the 85 limit for football
    ok, thank you for the clarification.

I watched some video at work. Not sure what the status of Barrik Slaughter is, but he could be one hell of an OLB. I also like Calif Gosset (WR).. Size and speed.

How many kids are we planning to sign?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    How many kids are we planning to sign?
    no kids this year, just 22 big boys

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    I watched some video at work. Not sure what the status of Barrik Slaughter is, but he could be one hell of an OLB. I also like Calif Gosset (WR).. Size and speed.
    Wiggins is better in their scheme and several others they. Slaughter is not a target. Gossett is definitely a steal should he sign.

http://louisianalafayette.247sports....otball/Commits

Take a look at the class of 2012. Its safe to judge now in 2016. Not one of these guys made the ALL-SBC. HUD had a great class in his first year, and he has benefited greatly from it, but we have seen a lot of misses also. A lot of his recruits don't even make it to campus.

HUD better hit with this class, especially on the top half of it or we will see more 4-8 seasons.

Trust me guys, we have depth issues. This class is pivotal.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post

Take a look at the class of 2012. Its safe to judge now in 2016. Not one of these guys made the ALL-SBC. HUD had a great class in his first year, and he has benefited greatly from it, but we have seen a lot of misses also. A lot of his recruits don't even make it to campus.

HUD better hit with this class, especially on the top half of it or we will see more 4-8 seasons.

Last years class was the best Hud has had.... This one wont be star studded but big guys we need for depth

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

ok, thank you for the clarification.
    Academic scholarships from the school count; TOPS or other scholarships or grants from most sources outside the school do not.

Looking back over that class I see wayyyy too many misses.

Attrition took a heavy toll on this team and is the main reason for our down year. If we had most of those guys on our roster this year we'd have won more games. We have a lot of young talent and it's going to show next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Looking back over that class I see wayyyy too many misses.
    Many of them were good players, they just weren't around to help us last year.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Attrition took a heavy toll on this team and is the main reason for our down year. If we had most of those guys on our roster this year we'd have won more games. We have a lot of young talent and it's going to show next season.
    If the majority of the stars Baldwin signed played he would have done better. Hud's gotta start hitting quality in the clas,ethical behavior,and on the field talent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast