_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coordinator vacancy gives Hudspeth plenty to ponder

UL Football Coordinator vacancy gives Hudspeth plenty to ponder

UL's Mark Hudspeth has plenty to weigh as he looks to hire a new offensive coordinator

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Coordinator vacancy gives Hudspeth plenty to ponder

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL's Mark Hudspeth has plenty to weigh as he looks to hire a new offensive coordinator

Well if this is true about what HUD wanted and what Jay Johnson wanted, think some on here might want to take back some posts as many have blamed Hud for the scheme!!!

Very interesting quotes.

Wow it was jays fault glad he left. That guy was determined to play a running qb

Nothing interesting here. Just another season of Hudspeth throwing assistants under the bus. The majority of people know who Jay Johnson wanted under center. Hint: it wasn't Nixon. You're telling me Eli was used as a complimentary back his first 2 years, Zo leaves, Johnson miss uses him, and then gets a Big 10 gig? Stop.

Status Quo for Hud is what I'm reading..

"And I want to work on matchups more than we've done in the past, finding ways to get Eli matched up on matchups," he added with reference to star running back Elijah McGuire. "Because that's something that (I) just couldn't get Jay (Johnson) to really do."
    Wow, really? This isn't passing the buck, it's shoving it up Jay's ___ as he leaves. Has to be one of the most alarming things I've heard out of Hud's mouth since he's been here.

The buck stops at YOUR desk, Coach. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Wow, really? This isn't passing the buck, it's shoving it up Jay's ___ as he leaves. Has to be one of the most alarming things I've heard out of Hud's mouth since he's been here.

Really? Read what he said last year at this time. He has a history of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Well if this is true about what HUD wanted and what Jay Johnson wanted, think some on here might want to take back some posts as many have blamed Hud for the scheme!!!

It isn't true and i think you know that. And if you don't know that, you can't possibly be as in tune to the staff as you lead on.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Really? Read what he said last year at this time. He has a history of this.
    Lemme guess. Defensive scheme?

I wish one of these beat writers would call out HUD on this BS! They may have to show him his own quotes. Every year it's someone else fault.

Blog Entries

Boomer, Hud is not going to discuss disagreements between his staff and himself with anyone outside of his staff. Some of his players and ex-players have let the cat out of the bag. No other comments are needed.

It isn't true and i think you know that. And if you don't know that, you can't possibly be as in tune to the staff as you lead on.
    ---I don't know if it is true or not and just going on what the HC says---I have never claimed to be in tune with the staff and in fact, on numerous posts I have mentioned how some posts on here were probably way off base saying that I nor the poster knew what was really going on---Now maybe you are close to the staff and do have the answer---I don't, and have never claimed to .....

just going by what I read!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Boomer, Hud is not going to discuss disagreements between his staff and himself with anyone outside of his staff. Some of his players and ex-players have let the cat out of the bag. No other comments are needed.
    ---Not sure what you mean by what was in what "the cat let out the bag"--but HUD did discuss a huge disagreement between his staff with someone outside if I read it correctly

Either what Hud said was true or not!!! I assure you I have no inside info!

---I don't know if it is true or not and just going on what the HC says---I have never claimed to be in tune with the staff and in fact, on numerous posts I have mentioned how some posts on here were probably way off base saying that I nor the poster knew what was really going on---Now maybe you are close to the staff and do have the answer---I don't, and have never claimed to .....

just going by what I read!!!

You don't have to be close to the staff to see the trend Boom.. He does this every year. Blame assistants, blame buildings, blame fans, blame blame blame. Anyone remember the blame after the Tech loss?

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post

I agree 100%. Thought that was was a pretty trashy comment that could have been left unsaid.

Blog Entries

I don't think he said anything untoward as far as Jay is concerned.

He said they were successful the first 4 years and were not successful this past season.

Fact.

I'm ok with what Hud is saying, I don't care if he's been thinking that or if he just realized it yesterday, I just would like to see him follow through with it and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't think he said anything untoward as far as Jay is concerned.

He said they were successful the first 4 years and were not successful this past season.

Fact.
    He said he "couldn't get Jay" to use matchups as HE wanted to, regarding Eli.

That's straight up blame for the offense being ineffective, and you don't have to read between the lines on this one.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That's straight up blame for the offense being ineffective, and you don't have to read between the lines on this one.
    You're dead on right.

People need to review the known facts as Hud presents them.

Johnson wouldn't or couldn't do what Hud wanted. I'm not buying either. Winning is the bottom line. If Johnson refused to do Hud's bidding he would have become a figurehead at best. If he wasn't competent enough Hud would take over.

Either way it's all on Hud. Hud has shown he's not falling on the sword for anyone. Why would he protect Johnson for a disastrous offense in 2015? He would have taken over.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Match Ups? Eli was a RB. What match ups is he talking about? Is Hud saying he wanted Eli as a WR and Jay refused? That would have involved other skill player assignment changes many of us recommended. It's as if Hud is agreeing with many of us on this forum, and saying Jay didn't want what we (including Hud) wanted. Awfully convenient at this stage in the offseason, but if it results in a smarter offense, with the best skill players playing positions and plays that match their talents... I'll take it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast