Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Does Anyone Have an RCAF Update?

Default Re: Does Anyone Have a Jim Harris Update?

IMHO:
    No
    no
    Yes
    No
    Yes

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    You got info from Scott? I rest my case. Required expenses?? It was in the contract the coaches signed. You ____ the money from somewhere. Thankfully HUD did what Farmer refused to do.

Enjoy your New Year Boomer.

Whoa Z---there you go again--my conversation was with the Bowl game and not the Bonus---C-Ex mentioned that in his explanation---Now go back AND READ WHAT I POSTED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Whoa Z---there you go again--my conversation was with the Bowl game and not the Bonus---C-Ex mentioned that in his explanation---Now go back AND READ WHAT I POSTED!!!

Yeah z it's all there in black and white. ((Eye roll emoji)).

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Congrats MAT!!

You are all very kind. Many thanks.
    The boy was easy. Many life lessons to come with the girl, I'm hearing..

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yeah, dude...we need to talk...

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Yeah, dude...we need to talk...
    But I enjoy being a "bitter malcontent" Jay.. I don't want to turn soft.. Say it ain't so.

But I enjoy being a "bitter malcontent" Jay.. I don't want to turn soft.. Say it ain't so.
    i doubt quintuple girls would do much to your board persona---and i'm glad of it. big congrats on the news, sir.

Tread softly, and carry a big wallet. Their eyes and voice will melt thru you (and your wallet) like a laser.

Would not trade it for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    i doubt quintuple girls would do much to your board persona---and i'm glad of it. big congrats on the news, sir.
    Thank you.
    Board persona is over rated. I'm a lot more likable in real life.

... I think.

...I'm late to this topic but here goes:

I have emailed Jim Harris on two separate occasions. Both times he promptly responded and addressed my specific questions. He also wrote, "I was unaware of this issue and would like to speak to you, please give me a call". I was impressed that he wanted to speak to me about issues I had concerns about. In the past, my emails were responded to with generic copy/paste "Thanks for your email. We will look into your concerns" and never heard back from anyone.

I also got the cookie cutter email about donations and trying to pass last years record donations. I did not expect Jim Harris to write every RCAF member a personalized email asking for money, how their kids are doing and an invite to a backyard barbecue at his home.

I swear some of you guys could win the powerball and cry about how much taxes you had to pay on your $500 million jackpot.

I can tell you one thing, give Jim Harris a call or send him an email and you will get a response. He wants to hear from people in our community. He is open to listening to donors and I can honestly say that has never been a part of the RCAF in the past.

I don't know what Jim Harris will get (or not get) done, but I'm going to give him a fair chance to do his job.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

I have emailed Jim Harris on two separate occasions. Both times he promptly responded and addressed my specific questions. He also wrote, "I was unaware of this issue and would like to speak to you, please give me a call". I was impressed that he wanted to speak to me about issues I had concerns about. In the past, my emails were responded to with generic copy/paste "Thanks for your email. We will look into your concerns" and never heard back from anyone.

I also got the cookie cutter email about donations and trying to pass last years record donations. I did not expect Jim Harris to write every RCAF member a personalized email asking for money, how their kids are doing and an invite to a backyard barbecue at his home.

I swear some of you guys could win the powerball and cry about how much taxes you had to pay on your $500 million jackpot.

I can tell you one thing, give Jim Harris a call or send him an email and you will get a response. He wants to hear from people in our community. He is open to listening to donors and I can honestly say that has never been a part of the RCAF in the past.

I don't know what Jim Harris will get (or not get) done, but I'm going to give him a fair chance to do his job.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!
    I had a similar experience...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Public companies do it all the time. Stony Brook does it, charities do it all the time to encourage more gifting.

That is not my experience. Once a year is what I see most often.

So are you saying wait yet another year of gifting in the abyss, or we gifters should never be appraised of anything beyond the latest propaganda.

No, I'm not.

Which is it? Not gonna happen and don't deserve for it to happen, or give them yet more time.

Neither.

As for my not having a clue towards his plans for state, regional, and national giving. You're absolutely correct, it's a state secret.

No, it's not.

Not to bring up a better candidate but it bolsters my opinion. He had a plan and voiced it. Harris to date hasn't, but has voiced how he is trying to get more blood outta the same batch of turnips.
    My next post is not meant to bash anyone specifically, but to address what I sense to be an overall tone of some people on this board and the actions, or, in some cases, the inactions of several people on this board.

We all have our opinions on things and certainly everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I try to see some people's point of view, I really do, but it's difficult to do for several people on this board as they are so antagonistic, vulgar and judgmental. What I see now from the most vocal people on this board is what I see from society in general. We live in a microwave society where "I want what I want and I want it now." It's entirely possible that some of the information these board members want should be disseminated in a timely manner, unfortunately, very few people here want to do what it takes to get the information.

It has been said by people other than myself on this board that if you want answers, ask the questions. No, bringing it up on this message board is not asking the question. I think you can figure out, now, who can answer the questions you have, and they do not keep their whereabouts a secret or how to get in touch with them. What's sad is, I hear excuses like "It's not my job to contact them," "They should be giving this information freely without being asked," "I don't have time to contact them," "They won't answer if I ask them," and various other comments as to why they couldn't/shouldn't/won't ask the questions directly.

I do see some really amusing comments from people on this board when they don't get what they want. The one I see the most is that they will start cutting back on their contributions. Some even say they will stop buying tickets to games. The really rotfl one is the one where they say they know many others around town that will cut their contributions or cease paying altogether. I see various other "threats," beliefs, suppositions and guesses that absolutely boggle the mind, they are so ridiculous. In the first place, I don't think most of the ones who make such "threats" have the courage to follow through on such actions. Part of having the courage to follow through on a principle is to recognize that someone is doing something wrong and taking the steps to correct the wrong. If you can't stand up and address the issue with those who are involved with it, how can you think that complaining about it from a distance will solve anything? What's more, how can you determine that something is wrong if you can't see it from the perspective of the person/persons directly involved in the work?

By now, it should be readily apparent to anyone who pays any attention to them, that the employees of this university have their own way of doing things. If you want them to act in a different way, or if there is something in particular you want them to do, doesn't it make sense that you should bring that to their attention? It's all well and good that you think they monitor this site and know what you say, but how does that belief compare with direct contact?

Many of you are going to think that I'm trying to paint a rosy picture, that everything is vermilion and white in Cajunland. That is far from the truth. I know there are issues with which to deal. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to look into anything in quite a while, so I haven't posted anything about the RCAF, conference realignment, etc. Instead of guessing as to what's going on with the RCAF, how about you contact Jim Harris? I'm sure you won't be wasting his time or yours if you do. He may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    We all have our opinions on things and certainly everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I try to see some people's point of view, I really do, but it's difficult to do for several people on this board as they are so antagonistic, vulgar and judgmental. What I see now from the most vocal people on this board is what I see from society in general. We live in a microwave society where "I want what I want and I want it now." It's entirely possible that some of the information these board members want should be disseminated in a timely manner, unfortunately, very few people here want to do what it takes to get the information.

It has been said by people other than myself on this board that if you want answers, ask the questions. No, bringing it up on this message board is not asking the question. I think you can figure out, now, who can answer the questions you have, and they do not keep their whereabouts a secret or how to get in touch with them. What's sad is, I hear excuses like "It's not my job to contact them," "They should be giving this information freely without being asked," "I don't have time to contact them," "They won't answer if I ask them," and various other comments as to why they couldn't/shouldn't/won't ask the questions directly.

I do see some really amusing comments from people on this board when they don't get what they want. The one I see the most is that they will start cutting back on their contributions. Some even say they will stop buying tickets to games. The really rotfl one is the one where they say they know many others around town that will cut their contributions or cease paying altogether. I see various other "threats," beliefs, suppositions and guesses that absolutely boggle the mind, they are so ridiculous. In the first place, I don't think most of the ones who make such "threats" have the courage to follow through on such actions. Part of having the courage to follow through on a principle is to recognize that someone is doing something wrong and taking the steps to correct the wrong. If you can't stand up and address the issue with those who are involved with it, how can you think that complaining about it from a distance will solve anything? What's more, how can you determine that something is wrong if you can't see it from the perspective of the person/persons directly involved in the work?

By now, it should be readily apparent to anyone who pays any attention to them, that the employees of this university have their own way of doing things. If you want them to act in a different way, or if there is something in particular you want them to do, doesn't it make sense that you should bring that to their attention? It's all well and good that you think they monitor this site and know what you say, but how does that belief compare with direct contact?

Many of you are going to think that I'm trying to paint a rosy picture, that everything is vermilion and white in Cajunland. That is far from the truth. I know there are issues with which to deal. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to look into anything in quite a while, so I haven't posted anything about the RCAF, conference realignment, etc. Instead of guessing as to what's going on with the RCAF, how about you contact Jim Harris? I'm sure you won't be wasting his time or yours if you do. He may surprise you.
    Logic, reason, and empathy? How dare you suggest such a thing on RP. There is a significant dearth of it on this board.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sunbelt Re: Does Anyone Have a Jim Harris Update?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

GEAUX CAJUNS!!
    You are really missing the point, or don't care. I'm not for 1800 RCAF members to dog Mr. Harris about this or that. In fact he should be providing, and more so the board, a complete financial picture, a priority listing with where we are and where we need to be. These are the things people who look for my money in charities do, businesses do, and yes other athletic foundations.

If you think I think Mr. Harris should give me a call your nutz. He'll need to talk to me when I'm a five figure donor or better.

Mr. Harris just do a better job of providing us with important information, sell us on a vision that does not include me and other currently contributing actually paying more than we can afford now. That is how you're keeping me on board and positive.

Jim Harris will have his hands full just maintaining the current level of donations. Given the fact that the price of oil continues to decline, with some even calling for it to hit the teens soon, it's going to get harder and harder for some people to donate.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Jim Harris will have his hands full just maintaining the current level of donations. Given the fact that the price of oil continues to decline, with some even calling for it to hit the teens soon, it's going to get harder and harder for some people to donate.
    Very true. Some might think it's a bad time to onboard a fundraising director. It's actually never a bad time. It's important that he implement all processes he's skilled in and keep funding at as high a level as possible. The supporter economy will shrink and swell, and most often not on a predictable timetable.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6