Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Game Time: Louisiana vs. Alabama

Default Re: Game Time: Louisiana vs. Alabama

I do.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I do.
    Neither game was close. Neither game was ever in doubt. 3s or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I fully expect to dominate our conference. That's why I keep using the term "relative". You really believe that with a 40% clip from 3 from either one of the schools we just played that the games would have been close?

I don't.
    While I believe there is more to it, the simple math of your question says yes. If bama shoots 40% (10/25), they score 15 points less, only giving them 90. Different game. Same with Miami, although we would have needed to hit 35% to their 40% to match.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    While I believe there is more to it, the simple math of your question says yes. If bama shoots 40% (10/25), they score 15 points less, only giving them 90. Different game. Same with Miami, although we would have needed to hit 35% to their 40% to match.
    This.
    Boom--Register is there to shoot. He is there to stretch the floor. His job is to shoot the deep ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    This.
    Boom--Register is there to shoot. He is there to stretch the floor. His job is to shoot the deep ball.
    I think that includes making a few...which has become rare.

I, and most of the basketball world, will take 40%. Also seems like his defense has improved slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    More perspective. ~30 game season. Tough to win a basketball game on the road. Biggest home advantage in sports. I choose to believe UL will be fine. If one judges a team based on 2 road games against ACC and SEC schools, they are courting worry.

courting
    Well said.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    so our offense can be good enough, but we still need to improve on shot selection and situational awareness. our defense is very weak. these teams are getting wide open looks most of the game. we still turn the ball over way too much, and free throws need to improve. but we have great fight and heart. now just need to get our head to follow.

-Why does it seem to me that in both football and basketball---the opponents get better separation

Didn't see the game but have seen many open looks--and in football all our receivers seem pretty well covered while opponents seem to have well opened receivers!!!

I didn't see the game either Boom but Dayum those dudes were wide open!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

-Why does it seem to me that in both football and basketball---the opponents get better separation

Didn't see the game but have seen many open looks--and in football all our receivers seem pretty well covered while opponents seem to have well opened receivers!!!

I have been asking this same question for the past two years now, Boomer.

It's not only in the games that the Cajuns play in, either. Watch other college football games and you very rarely see recievers streaking across the field without a defender within 10 yards of them as you see almost every drive when the Cajus are on Defense.

However, you DO see recievers run routes that give them 2-3 yards of room, enough for a QB to have a window to throw into. Which neither Haack nor Nixon has seen much of this season.

Maybe it's because of the bias I have while watching my Cajuns play....but I don't think so.

Blog Entries

We make teams shoot lights out.

Blog Entries

Marketing slogan:

"Play Louisiana, Reach Your Potential."

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We can't keep saying that we could compete if only our opponents wouldn't shoot so well. Isn't part of that OUR job?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    We can't keep saying that we could compete if only our opponents wouldn't shoot so well. Isn't part of that OUR job?
    Yep

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

For those complaining about the offense. We're 20th in the country in ppg even while we're shooting below our average for 3s and free throws.

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

...but if the other team scores more than you...you lose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    For those complaining about the offense. We're 20th in the country in ppg even while we're shooting below our average for 3s and free throws.
    Yep a lot of good offense out there.......when we are on defense.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sunbelt Re: Game Time: Louisiana vs. Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I would not focus on those points too much....... Many years ago John Wooden speaking to critics of his teams apparent lack of scoring defense said ' we score a lot, so they get more opportunities'. I think he uttered those words in some of his unbeaten seasons. When Miami, and Alabama score a lot, we get a lot more chances. And much like the Cajuns vs non division one opponents their defense gets a little lax because they are more concerned with scoaring opportunities than playing good defense.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    ...but if the other team scores more than you...you lose.
    Good one, chap. I said the defense is something to be concerned about. Don't think we need to worry about our offense at this point. We're going to score a lot on SBC teams, especially once we, hopefully, fix our defense. It's a lot easier to score in transition against misses than against makes. We're not going to average 93 ppg but we'll be somewhere in the upper 70s, lower 80s which we did last year (finished 19th in the country at 77.4 ppg). If we can defend, we should run through the conference and give ourselves a shot to get back to the dance, which is what's important -- not melting down after a couple of bad defensive efforts.

Alabama may be stronger than we thought. They finished up their weekend tournament 2-1 all against top 25 teams. Wins over Notre Dame and Witchita St, and a loss to Xavier (they did lose that one by 20 though).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6