Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Names Matter: Adv. vs Adv.

  1. #1
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,329

    Default Names Matter: Adv. vs Adv.

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    He is giving it the Bucky treatment, facts don't matter!!1
    Yes Mel-R it was pretty cool like not having the Lafayette after Lafayette after Lafayette that is present in your Baton Rouge paper---Don't know why the dislike that you constantly show for the Advertiser

    You with us or against us and using the name we detest is certainly not for us---What is your reason on giving them this obvious out????


  2. #2
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,192

    Default Re: New UL Plates

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Yes Mel-R it was pretty cool like not having the Lafayette after Lafayette after Lafayette that is present in your Baton Rouge paper---Don't know why the dislike that you constantly show for the Advertiser

    You with us or against us and using the name we detest is certainly not for us---What is your reason on giving them this obvious out????

    I do not detest the Advertiser, I think Kevin Foote does a great job on writing about and promoting the Cajuns. Bucky does not do his homework and is constantly getting facts wrong, plain and simple. As for The Advocate they use Louisiana-Lafayette to open the story then they refer to us as Ragin' Cajuns or Cajuns. Luke is 10Xs the writer Bucky is, that being said Bucky is probably 100Xs the writer I am. I just want him to get the facts straight and he doesn't.

  3. #3
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,329

    Default Re: New UL Plates

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I do not detest the Advertiser, I think Kevin Foote does a great job on writing about and promoting the Cajuns. Bucky does not do his homework and is constantly getting facts wrong, plain and simple. As for The Advocate they use Louisiana-Lafayette to open the story then they refer to us as Ragin' Cajuns or Cajuns. Luke is 10Xs the writer Bucky is, that being said Bucky is probably 100Xs the writer I am. I just want him to get the facts straight and he doesn't.
    ---I along with all UL fans don't want the Advocate to use ULL, Louisiana-Lafayette, UL-Lafayette, etc---AND THEY DO!!!! Really why get upset at ESPN when the Advocate does their damage of the name daily???

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,421

    Default Re: New UL Plates

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I along with all UL fans don't want the Advocate to use ULL, Louisiana-Lafayette, UL-Lafayette, etc---AND THEY DO!!!! Really why get upset at ESPN when the Advocate does their damage of the name daily???
    Our own school literally TOLD the sunbelt to use UL-L. Then untold them. We have seen the enemy, and it is us.

  5. #5
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,192

    Default Re: New UL Plates

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I along with all UL fans don't want the Advocate to use ULL, Louisiana-Lafayette, UL-Lafayette, etc---AND THEY DO!!!! Really why get upset at ESPN when the Advocate does their damage of the name daily???
    First I have never seen ULL in an article on their site. As for the UL Lafayette and Louisiana Lafayette that is what our university has asked for us to be referenced in the first mention in an article.

    So it does not matter to you that Bucky can not get facts right?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: New UL Plates

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Our own school literally TOLD the sunbelt to use UL-L. Then untold them. We have seen the enemy, and it is us.
    I truly don't understand why some people can't grasp this.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,334
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New UL Plates

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    First I have never seen ULL in an article on their site. As for the UL Lafayette and Louisiana Lafayette that is what our university has asked for us to be referenced in the first mention in an article.

    So it does not matter to you that Bucky can not get facts right?
    First reference, is not for UL to request of papers or writers, they are under no legal obligation whatsoever.

    If they ever did it was in hopes of the prefered nickname to subsequently follow.

    The Advocates BR paper used ULL for years, they may still for all I know. Dropping ULL when they entered Acadiana was a compromise in their eyes.

    Then they tried to go all legal on us but Louisiana-Lafayette is illegal. But like I said, they have no legal constraints.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,334
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New UL Plates

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Our own school literally TOLD the sunbelt to use UL-L. Then untold them. We have seen the enemy, and it is us.
    The most lasting two-day request in history.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,334
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New UL Plates

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    So it does not matter to you that Bucky can not get facts right?
    Unperspectivness vs unpersevering.

  10. #10
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,329

    Default Re: The LOUISIANA collection

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post



    See any I should add to the Louisiana collection at http://www.evernote.com/l/AGEwGTzOVC...hwTKBXxsHI4F4/ ? Please let me know.

    But since we have been talking about it all day on another thread

    the University of Alabama calls us what we request and the BR paper doesn't

    Why??? I would think because they are not a true UL paper

    So should I pull for a team that honors my request or the one that will never call us what we want to be called!!! So glad this came out now to make the perfect point!!!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    7,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

    But since we have been talking about it all day on another thread

    the University of Alabama calls us what we request and the BR paper doesn't

    Why??? I would think because they are not a true UL paper

    So should I pull for a team that honors my request or the one that will never call us what we want to be called!!! So glad this came out now to make the perfect point!!!

    Didn't see the other thread. I'd appreciate it if this remains a collection of screenshots for when folks get it right. Please keep the b***ing about the issue to another discussion so this one can stay productive. Thanks.

  12. #12
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,192

    Default Re: The LOUISIANA collection

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Didn't see the other thread. I'd appreciate it if this remains a collection of screenshots for when folks get it right. Please keep the b***ing about the issue to another discussion so this one can stay productive. Thanks.
    Then it wouldn't be Ragin Pagin

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Behind Bisbano's!
    Posts
    948

    Default Re: Name Matter: Adv. vs Adv.

    As I've said before Boom, the Advocate's coverage is tremendously better than the Advertiser's (in my opinion). Facts and a certain writer at the Advertiser have a very loose relationship. It ain't even close.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,536

    Default Re: Name Matter: Adv. vs Adv.

    does anyone see to think this is the most Louisiana references we have seen in a long time by our competition.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    7,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    does anyone see to think this is the most Louisiana references we have seen in a long time by our competition.
    In 2000, we were "ULA" and "Louisiana" at the NCAA basketball tournament (CBS) and the College World Series (ESPN).

    Starting to pick up. CBS calls us Louisiana. FOX calls us Louisiana.

    ESPN are asses. They did this exact same thing to Memphis (State) for years. Nevada (Reno) too.

    Once ESPN climbs on board, this thing is over.

    http://www.evernote.com/l/AGEwGTzOVC...hwTKBXxsHI4F4/

  16. #16
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,329

    Default Re: Name Matter: Adv. vs Adv.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    As I've said before Boom, the Advocate's coverage is tremendously better than the Advertiser's (in my opinion). Facts and a certain writer at the Advertiser have a very loose relationship. It ain't even close.
    --By coverage you surely can't say more right!!! The game day of the Advertiser with its player profile and wrap on the entire section certainly outdoes the BR coverage---a few weeks back there was a huge blunder by the BR paper with a photo or something and of course they got a pass on many from this board

    Also Nathan Buckley has written some great stories of the Cajuns through the years!!


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    --By coverage you surely can't say more right!!! The game day of the Advertiser with its player profile and wrap on the entire section certainly outdoes the BR coverage---a few weeks back there was a huge blunder by the BR paper with a photo or something and of course they got a pass on many from this board

    Also Nathan Buckley has written some great stories of the Cajuns through the years!!

    Boom, you sound more like "get off my lawn!!" guy than usual tonight..

  18. #18
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,038

    Sunbelt Re: Name Matter: Adv. vs Adv.

    The grass Boomer grows needs maximum protection. The clipping from that lawn gives him some unique music ideas, and the munchies.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The grass Boomer grows needs maximum protection. The clipping from that lawn gives him some unique music ideas, and the munchies.
    Well done..

  20. #20
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,329

    Default Re: Name Matter: Adv. vs Adv.

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Boom, you sound more like "get off my lawn!!" guy than usual tonight..

    ---ggggrrrrrrrrr---yea, when you see just the crazy non sequitur logic of some---It baffles the entire ideology of our quest!!! then the whole topic gets put off base because of a mistake that was immediately corrected

    Its a 1984 fight I guess I am still fighting and thought we all were in it!!!


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •