Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: La Governors Race (OT)

Default Re: La Governors Race (OT)

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    I would say vitter he has always been and always will be an advocate for the oil industry by supporting drilling and keystone pipe line. UL is in the middle of major facility up grades if oil is doing well the money will be easier to raise. That answer is a no brainier.
    Electing Vitter won't affect the price of oil. Saying you support Drilling in Louisiana is like saying you support Corn Subsidies in Iowa, you better. The biggest barrier to oil and gas drilling in Louisiana isn't Democrats, or even the ____ing price...it's Legacy Lawsuits.

Default Re: Vitter and Tech?

this

Default Earlier thread

This morning there was a thread on what's the best choice of governor for our state and what's best for UL. I thought it was good healthy discussion. Anyone know where it went I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    This morning there was a thread on what's the best choice of governor for our state and what's best for UL. I thought it was good healthy discussion. Anyone know where it went I can't find it.
    I believe I read that turbine said he was going to sideline that thread.

Default Re: Earlier thread

Sideline folder isn't there either.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Earlier thread

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    I believe I read that turbine said he was going to sideline that thread.
    ---Just go vote against the Islamic terrorists---Vote for VITTER!!! Just don't understand how one (Edwards) could give his allegiance to the country and then give it to Obama!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Electing Vitter won't affect the price of oil. Saying you support Drilling in Louisiana is like saying you support Corn Subsidies in Iowa, you better. The biggest barrier to oil and gas drilling in Louisiana isn't Democrats, or even the ____ing price...it's Legacy Lawsuits.
    Correct but vitter and hopefully Jeff Landry as attorney General can help stop some of these leach attorneys who wait for people at the docks looking for a law suit leget or not. If oil service companies spend less on law suits they have money for elsewhere. JBE is supported by trial attorneys you think he will stand up against the frevorlus suits.

Default Candidates on Higher Ed

I wish our local news media would ask these questions all the time, of all candidates and elected officials:

http://www.knoe.com/home/headlines/V...352185721.html

Default Re: Candidates on Higher Ed

This thread should go well...

Not a voter in Louisiana right now, (although I proably will be in a few years) but:

Those 2 answers were a lot of nothing. Streamlining education is a good idea, but in reality it will probably never happen in a populist state that is still stuck in the Huey Long era. Everyone in Louisiana is in favor of reducing programs at the regional universities, unless it is the school in their town. As far as the other guy (Kennedy) all he did was criticize Jindal, who last time I checked is not running. I think some fact checking would be in order as well because he claims that Jindal's budget proposal includes another 200M in cuts for HE. Corrrect me if I am wrong here, but the recently approved Jindal budget maintains higher education funding at current levels.

Don't get me wrong, I do not like Jindal, but this seems like a mistatement of facts.

Basically, it sounds like the tradition of bad government in Louisiana will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Not a voter in Louisiana right now, (although I proably will be in a few years) but:

Those 2 answers were a lot of nothing. Streamlining education is a good idea, but in reality it will probably never happen in a populist state that is still stuck in the Huey Long era. Everyone in Louisiana is in favor of reducing programs at the regional universities, unless it is the school in thier town. As far as the other guy (Kennedy) all he did was criticize Jindal, who last time I checked is not running. I think some fact checking would be in order as well because he claims that Jindal's budget proposal includes another 200M in cuts for HE. Corrrect me if I am wrong here, but the recently approved Jindal budget maintains higher education funding at current levels.

Don't get me wrong, I do not like Jindal, but this seems like a mistatement of facts.

Basically, it sounds like the tradition of bad government in Louisiana will continue.
    With you here.
    Btw did anyone hear the radio ads for Andre Comeaux? "Protecting UL" was one of the points he made. Got my vote.

Careful guys the admin here frown on political talk.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    With you here.
    Btw did anyone hear the radio ads for Andre Comeaux? "Protecting UL" was one of the points he made. Got my vote.
    Andre was the only Ragin Cajun in that race from the get go. He got my vote. Cajuns for Comeaux. He is the only one that buys a TG space long before election year.

Both candidates in that race are good. Jean Paul Coussan is son of former UL QB George Coussan - died what seems like many years back... I saw Jean Paul at the RCAF Celebration... He's a great guy and would also be good for UL. I'm not in that district, so I don't have to decide. I don't think UL can go wrong in that one.

We did have a good friendly political thread going at the beginning of the week... I was surprised it got deleted/censored. I'll remember that in March.

Regardless, don't forget to vote before the game!

Default Hey Cajun fans OT

Before you make it out to Cajun field don't forget to excersize your right to vote. One of the many rights and duties we have as US citizens.

If you need help state wide here you go.

If you identify as liberal you should vote Edwards, Holden, and Caldwell,

If you identify as conservative you should vote Vitter, Nungesser, Landry.

If you say I always vote _________ way but this election I am going the other way than you are a hypocrite.

Don't forget to VOTE!!!!

Default Re: I mean at least he is honest....

Oh great. JBE won...Looks like the State of Louisiana will follow the lead of all the football teams in Louisiana this year and go to ____. This year just sucks!

Default Re: I mean at least he is honest....

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Oh great. JBE won...Looks like the State of Louisiana will follow the lead of all the football teams in Louisiana this year and go to ____. This year just sucks!
    We were screwed either way, honestly

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3