Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Need help again

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    96

    Default Need help again

    My neighbor and his family are headed to Lafayette for next weekend and will be attending the new mexico state game. The father and son have done the airboat ride at mcgees landing and were wondering if you guys had any other swamp tours that may take in more of the tranquil setting other than the I-10 bridge. I am sure I am biased but he has a son that is a pretty talented baseball player. Last year I am saw him hit 2 bullets off the national gatorade player of the year Luken Baker who is off to TCU. The second one hit Baker in the thigh on the mound ricocheting off him into foul ground. Kid was so big and strong noone asked Baker if he was ok just give him the ball and pitch to the next batter. Don't know if it is proper for him to contact the coaches or not. Have recommended French Press, T Coons, Ricky Meche, Olde Tyme Inn, and Bon Temps for dining. Any other locals favorites that are great but not tourists traps. Any sights that you recommend that they see. It seems the more I visit Lafayette the more I find I wish had heard about earlier. Thanks again for all your help.


  2. #2
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,445

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    My neighbor and his family are headed to Lafayette for next weekend and will be attending the new mexico state game. The father and son have done the airboat ride at mcgees landing and were wondering if you guys had any other swamp tours that may take in more of the tranquil setting other than the I-10 bridge. I am sure I am biased but he has a son that is a pretty talented baseball player. Last year I am saw him hit 2 bullets off the national gatorade player of the year Luken Baker who is off to TCU. The second one hit Baker in the thigh on the mound ricocheting off him into foul ground. Kid was so big and strong noone asked Baker if he was ok just give him the ball and pitch to the next batter. Don't know if it is proper for him to contact the coaches or not. Have recommended French Press, T Coons, Ricky Meche, Olde Tyme Inn, and Bon Temps for dining. Any other locals favorites that are great but not tourists traps. Any sights that you recommend that they see. It seems the more I visit Lafayette the more I find I wish had heard about earlier. Thanks again for all your help.
    ---there will be hundreds of t-gating tents and places set up with a band stage and just come by to eat and drink!!!---I am sure one of our recruiting guys on here like Cajun T will post what is allowed---Come have a great time!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Need help again

    Try a tour of Lake Martin

    http://champagnesswamptours.com/

    While there stop http://www.cafedesamis.com/

    RiverSide Inn is another local favorite. However it isn't on the River but rather an industrial area. If you like Sushi (yes Sushi) try Tsunami's.

    Little more expensive dining experience I would recommend Charley G's.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Need help again

    They really need to stop by cypress lake, which is located on campus.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypr...te,_Louisiana)


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    166

    Default

    My first thought is for them to try boudin, if they hadn't last time. A few of my favorites are The Best Stop (although outside of Greater Lafayette), Don's Specialty Meats and Johnson's Boucaniere. I don't eat the casing (don't ask what it is). LaFonda is a long-time favorite among the locals. Don't look at the menu just order this: a Ronnie Margarita, no salt, fried rabbit with queso as a appetizer and the fried chicken as an entree. I know that sounds stage for a Mexican restaurant but noone really goes there for the Mexican food. They'll have to wait for a table on a Friday night but suggest they take in the sights and sounds. May see a few oil and gas professionals (or tennis ladies) still drinking and lolly gagging from an 11am lunch. Finally, they must have a Judice Inn burger. Don't ask for ketchup or fries. Their secret sauce is the only condiment needed. The burgers are smaller than most so order 2 (I did when I was pregnant) and my husband gets his with an egg. But you can't get that on a Saturday. Lastly, they should try Cajun Sno. It's a year round snow cone establishment located in the same parking lot as Don's Seafood. They have wonderful fried alligator and Old Fashions.


    Those are my suggestions on what they can do. If you'll notice, they are all about eating. That's no mistake. It's what we do here. That's our hobby. We eat. And we eat delicious food. All I ask is you do not allow your friends to visit any national chain. It's been said Lafayette has more restaurants per capita than any other city. This is not for our Burger Kings. And we're not like those to our east. Wear your team colors and we'll be happy to exchange a little trash talk but that's as far as we'll geaux (yeah, that's how we spell it). Safe travels!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    7,854

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand View Post
    My first thought is for them to try boudin, if they hadn't last time. A few of my favorites are The Best Stop (although outside of Greater Lafayette), Don's Specialty Meats and Johnson's Boucaniere. I don't eat the casing (don't ask what it is). LaFonda is a long-time favorite among the locals. Don't look at the menu just order this: a Ronnie Margarita, no salt, fried rabbit with queso as a appetizer and the fried chicken as an entree. I know that sounds stage for a Mexican restaurant but noone really goes there for the Mexican food. They'll have to wait for a table on a Friday night but suggest they take in the sights and sounds. May see a few oil and gas professionals (or tennis ladies) still drinking and lolly gagging from an 11am lunch. Finally, they must have a Judice Inn burger. Don't ask for ketchup or fries. Their secret sauce is the only condiment needed. The burgers are smaller than most so order 2 (I did when I was pregnant) and my husband gets his with an egg. But you can't get that on a Saturday. Lastly, they should try Cajun Sno. It's a year round snow cone establishment located in the same parking lot as Don's Seafood. They have wonderful fried alligator and Old Fashions.


    Those are my suggestions on what they can do. If you'll notice, they are all about eating. That's no mistake. It's what we do here. That's our hobby. We eat. And we eat delicious food. All I ask is you do not allow your friends to visit any national chain. It's been said Lafayette has more restaurants per capita than any other city. This is not for our Burger Kings. And we're not like those to our east. Wear your team colors and we'll be happy to exchange a little trash talk but that's as far as we'll geaux (yeah, that's how we spell it). Safe travels!
    I go for the Mexican Food! However they have some other great items like the Fried Chicken, Chicken Tapatia and Alphonse Double Chop

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    My neighbor and his family are headed to Lafayette for next weekend and will be attending the new mexico state game. The father and son have done the airboat ride at mcgees landing and were wondering if you guys had any other swamp tours that may take in more of the tranquil setting other than the I-10 bridge. I am sure I am biased but he has a son that is a pretty talented baseball player. Last year I am saw him hit 2 bullets off the national gatorade player of the year Luken Baker who is off to TCU. The second one hit Baker in the thigh on the mound ricocheting off him into foul ground. Kid was so big and strong noone asked Baker if he was ok just give him the ball and pitch to the next batter. Don't know if it is proper for him to contact the coaches or not. Have recommended French Press, T Coons, Ricky Meche, Olde Tyme Inn, and Bon Temps for dining. Any other locals favorites that are great but not tourists traps. Any sights that you recommend that they see. It seems the more I visit Lafayette the more I find I wish had heard about earlier. Thanks again for all your help.
    http://ragincajuns.com/sports/2011/1...es.aspx?id=418

    Use this as a guide to contacting coaches or not. Somewhere in one of the tabs you should find your answer. My best bet would be looking under the NCAA tab.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,370

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    http://ragincajuns.com/sports/2011/1...es.aspx?id=418

    Use this as a guide to contacting coaches or not. Somewhere in one of the tabs you should find your answer. My best bet would be looking under the NCAA tab.
    And we get a letter explaining the basics when we receive our season tickets.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: Need help again

    No one cares about this please keep one topic you can discuss this on Facebook


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,778

    Default Re: Need help again

    The best food they'll have the opportunity to eat will be at tailgating spots. Send him over to the Eaque for some excellent gumbo. And better company.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,767

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The best food they'll have the opportunity to eat will be at tailgating spots. Send him over to the Eaque for some excellent gumbo. And better company.
    Can I come for gumbo?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,698

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    . Don't know if it is proper for him to contact the coaches or not. Have . Thanks again for all your help.
    and don't know the answer, good question. but I am sure it is not proper for you to recruit the player. unless you are SEC apparently, as Fournette said "everywhere he went people (i.e. boosters) were telling him to pick lswho"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Can I come for gumbo?
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,767

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
    You can always come for soup at my place. Just look for me I'm the guy with the bricked TG tent.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    You can always come for soup at my place. Just look for me I'm the guy with the bricked TG tent.
    Haha. I'm just kiddin you man. Always welcome to stop by.

  16. #16
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,445

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
    ---Speaking of food---made a great red beans dish today---Ham hocks, andoulie, bit of crab boil, garlic powder, Cajun Power W sause, forgot to put in my "Mother's restaurant " ham bones!!!

  17. #17
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,451

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Speaking of food---made a great red beans dish today---Ham hocks, andoulie, bit of crab boil, garlic powder, Cajun Power W sause, forgot to put in my "Mother's restaurant " ham bones!!!
    You need to try the Andouille from Jacob's in LaPlace........just saying.

  18. #18
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,445

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    You need to try the Andouille from Jacob's in LaPlace........just saying.
    ---You are on the money---My family was from from that area and grew up on Hen, andouille, and oyster gumbo---Still remember grandma would cut them into about 1/2 inch or more!!! think the Red and White store also had it!!1

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,658
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    You need to try the Andouille from Jacob's in LaPlace........just saying.
    Calling CajunExpress for confirmation.

  20. #20
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,451

    Default Re: Need help again

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---You are on the money---My family was from from that area and grew up on Hen, andouille, and oyster gumbo---Still remember grandma would cut them into about 1/2 inch or more!!! think the Red and White store also had it!!1
    Red & White was good for regular sausage. Also grew up with the Co-Op in Norco who also had very good fresh sausage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •