Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: OT: The Frogs

Default Re: OT: The Frogs

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Are slamming ISIS in Syria and Iraq and this Veteran is loving it!
    First time a Frenchman had a set since Napoleon.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Personally, I lean towards not getting involved.
    Too late, we're the main target.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I think anyone who says they have the perfect answer is completely full of crap. I don't care what side of the aisle they come from. And I'd be full of crap if I said I knew exactly what we should do.

I think if we do an Iraq 2.0 and throw everything we've got at ISIS we'd eventually defeat them. But unless we were willing to either run the place ourselves for decades or let a brutal dictator take over history will repeat itself all over again. And again, it would all come at an insanely high cost to us.

We could also do nothing. Just pull back and say "Hey Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc. This is your back yard. You take care of it." And let them sort out the madness. Let them take the brunt of the anger. And we take all the money we would have spent abroad and direct it towards programs that actually protect the homeland. Put it towards border security, counterterrorism, etc.

Maybe we don't need to do anything drastic. More Americans have won the Powerball than were killed by terrorist attacks. More Americans have died in wars against terrorism than have been killed by terrorist attacks. Think about that for a second.

Personally, I lean towards not getting involved. Is it the right answer? Hell if I know. Do I think bombing ISIS is going to solve anything? No way.
    Salient points. It's a complicated subject. The fact is... the US will require an attack on US soul before we get involved in a meaningful manner. And because there is no perfect answer, the answer requires a post attack emotional response. It always does when it comes to large scale war decisions.

I think of terrorists as ant piles. We may never eradicate them, but if we pull back and don't fight, and just try to protect, they will continue to grow in number and danger. We have to do what we can with our allies, to try to fight this war on their turf. CR and others are probably right about what we did in Iraq and the rest of the middle east created a vacuum, but that is exactly what others here are saying that you have to go in to win the war, remove the cuffs from our boys and let them win. If we just leave and bury our heads in the sand, we will leave our a$se$ exposed. And too, we need our allies, and therefore we MUST join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Salient points. It's a complicated subject. The fact is... the US will require an attack on US soul before we get involved in a meaningful manner. And because there is no perfect answer, the answer requires a post attack emotional response. It always does when it comes to large scale war decisions.
    Tell that to Saddam. Twice he got his ___ kicked by the US and all he ever did was accept CIA weapons with a ____ing smile on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    I think of terrorists as ant piles. We may never eradicate them, but if we pull back and don't fight, and just try to protect, they will continue to grow in number and danger. We have to do what we can with our allies, to try to fight this war on their turf. CR and others are probably right about what we did in Iraq and the rest of the middle east created a vacuum, but that is exactly what others here are saying that you have to go in to win the war, remove the cuffs from our boys and let them win. If we just leave and bury our heads in the sand, we will leave our a$se$ exposed. And too, we need our allies, and therefore we MUST join them.
    Realize all the "good" we have done in the Middle East over the past decade and a half has made things...worse. So much worse. But this is all smoke screen. This goes back to the Red Line Agreement. It's the CIA's grand scheme being played out on our TV sets. Fear is the order of the day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4