_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ESPN

Default ESPN

Just saw Robinson shown as one of the top receiving performances this weekend. Saw yet another reference variation for us:

UL-L

Will this crap ever end?

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: ESPN

Hopefully. Winning wouldn't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Hopefully. Winning wouldn't hurt!
    It hasn't helped. 4 straight 9 win seasons and 4 bowl wins, #1 team in the country in baseball and hosted Super Regional, 6 WCWS appearances in softball, success in basketball and still nothing. Only in Lafayette are we UL and Louisiana. Our conference won't do it, newspapers in other cities around the state including Acadiana won't do it, the major networks won't do it with any consistency and ESPN, the leader in sports, certainly won't do it. As long as LSU, La Tech and ULM fight it, it will not change. We are a hyphenated university. I know it won't happen and we've had this discussion way too many times, but we need our own clear identity. If Clemson and Auburn can work for those universities, Acadiana University can work for us. I am tired of being UL-L.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Just saw Robinson shown as one of the top receiving performances this weekend. Saw yet another reference variation for us:

UL-L

Will this ever end?
    Yes.

Y'all go to bed...wake up in the morning and it is LOUISIANA..

Correct the people who matter. People in charge of putting Louisiana on the tv instead of ull and using Lafayette. Correct the analyst and tv providers

UL-L

Will this crap ever end?
    No

"No it won't, take your head out of your but."

Just because it won't happen at the speed you want, doesn't mean it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    "No it won't, take your head out of your but."

Just because it won't happen at the speed you want, doesn't mean it won't happen.
    At our current pace of convincing everyone that "we are Louisiana", I figure that maybe we'll have the world converted somewhere around the year 2115. But that's a pretty big maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Y'all go to bed...wake up in the morning and it is LOUISIANA..
    I woke up this morning and it's still Louisiana-Lafayette and UL-L.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I woke up this morning and it's still Louisiana-Lafayette and UL-L.
    It will likely be that way as long as we are alive. It will have to be changed legally before media outlets do what we want. That could happen one day and we should keep asking nicely in the meantime. Our kids might see it. Until then, better to focus on actual games as fans.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    It will likely be that way as long as we are alive. It will have to be changed legally before media outlets do what we want. That could happen one day and we should keep asking nicely in the meantime. Our kids might see it. Until then, better to focus on actual games as fans.
    ---Ya'll know my pet peeve

-why can't a newspaper in our city call us LOUISIANA or just UL---the other does it and gives UL sports more coverage---but we seem to get hooked up on ESPN--let's get the local paper on the bandwagon first!!! And please don't get hooked on the different sport writers as you miss the whole point!!!

It's odd that espn3 seems to usually call us ul or ragin cajuns but espnu almost never does. Any ideas why

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    It's odd that espn3 seems to usually call us ul or ragin cajuns but espnu almost never does. Any ideas why
    ESPN3 workers are independent contractors and are not full time ESPN employees. They don't answer to Bristol like regular network employees.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

ESPN3 workers are independent contractors and are not full time ESPN employees. They don't answer to Bristol like regular network employees.
    p---Icitsh---thanks for all your trying and at least some times succeeding in your name pursuit!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You are probably right but it has zero to do with legalities.

Their references just like the Advocate's, break the law.

I haven't heard Louisiana-Lafayette used so much in one game. It sucks to hear that over and over and over, despite having Louiaiana on our jerseys and dominating the first half. Does anyone really think a win tonight will change that? It starts with UL and our conference. Unless and until we do more, we will continue to be a hyphenated school in a minor conference.

I haven't heard Louisiana-Lafayette used so much in one game. It sucks to hear that over and over and over, despite having Louiaiana on our jerseys and dominating the first half. Does anyone really think a win tonight will change that? It starts with UL and our conference. Unless and until we do more, we will continue to be a hyphenated school in a minor conference.
    You must be referring to the basketball game in Oxford tonight on the SEC Network. Paul Sunderland is a broadcaster from California and Gail Goestenkors is the former Duke and Texas women's coach, they don't know any better. I doubt that our WBB media relations person had much of a chance to meet with them to set them straight.

You must be referring to the basketball game in Oxford tonight on the SEC Network. Paul Sunderland is a broadcaster from California and Gail Goestenkors is the former Duke and Texas women's coach, they don't know any better. I doubt that our WBB media relations person had much of a chance to meet with them to set them straight.
    ...then our media relations/communications isn't doing their job. I'm tired of it too. #Acadiana

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_Spice View Post
    ...then our media relations/communications isn't doing their job. I'm tired of it too. #Acadiana
    You're going to hold our media relations employees responsible for the decisions and actions of people over whom they have no authority? It's not their job to force people to do anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast