Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajundome Renovations 2016

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

The one I'm not happy about. The entire half and over half way into second half. That's not a few minutes. That's incompetent staffing. We do have adequate stands.

Lastly why are you upset about people,customers, wanting excellent service instead of crap sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The one I'm not happy about. The entire half and over half way into second half. That's not a few minutes. That's incompetent staffing. We do have adequate stands.

Lastly why are you upset about people,customers, wanting excellent service instead of crap sandwiches.
    I'm not upset at all. I've never had a problem with the service. My beer is cold and I get it quick enough. The peanuts are good. I'm not sure why your experience is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Concession stands? C'mon man. We have plenty open for the crowds the basketball puts in the dome. So you have to wait a few minutes? Big deal. Get there early.. time your concession runs better. Its way better to have busy concession stand than to have 4 people working an upper deck concession stand with no customers just so you can walk up and sit down with no wait.
    I waited close to 30 minutes at a game last year for beer...just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I waited close to 30 minutes at a game last year for beer...just saying.
    Ditto. And on multiple occasions.

I am pretty sure we are one of the few teams that have make an appointment to practice in their own arena.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I am pretty sure we are one of the few teams that have make an appointment to practice in their own arena.
    This looks to be less of an issue with the icegators season suspended ... it will be hard for them to make a comeback.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm not upset at all. I've never had a problem with the service. My beer is cold and I get it quick enough. The peanuts are good. I'm not sure why your experience is so bad.
    It was so bad FarmerBROWN made a public commitment to not let it happen again this season. You brought up the _____ing about lack of service like it wasn't a reality. Overall it's slow, but that night out of control slow. And he didn't make a commitment for one guy.

30 minutes was my experience also.

Blog Entries

Man there is some great stuff in here. You guys are too much sometimes.

So our team needs to practice on the court they play to be good? How does that work for other college teams or pro teams? Is ours the only school that doesn't practice on their home court? How does Curry hit all those amazing shots when he practices 6 miles away in a different arena?

Who cares what the rendering looks like? I can't wait to see it in person. Thats all that matters to me. It could look cool as ice in the rendering and look like crap in person. Lets wait and judge once we see the finished product.

Concession stands? C'mon man. We have plenty open for the crowds the basketball puts in the dome. So you have to wait a few minutes? Big deal. Get there early.. time your concession runs better. Its way better to have busy concession stand than to have 4 people working an upper deck concession stand with no customers just so you can walk up and sit down with no wait.
    It is unfair to compare anyone to Curry

He is so different from everyone else, practicing on his home court would probably hurt his skills.

Turn, other good shooting teams light up the threes at the CD all the time. When do they practice?

Blog Entries

Turn, other good shooting teams light up the threes at the CD all the time. When do they practice?
    Where did the team practice this past season?

I'm excited I know the right times to buy a brew.

I'm excited I know the right times to buy a brew.
    Same here. Sshh...don't tell the peasants our secret! lol

But seriously, over the past few years I can count on one hand the number of basketball games I've missed, so I have seen the gamut of crowd sizes at the dome. I usually get at least two beers and some sort of snack for the games. I've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for anything.

Here's some advice for all of you, 5 minutes before tip and the beginning of halftime are not good times to hit the concessions. It's like that at a lot of venues. Basketball has so many stoppages in play during each half that make it super easy to go grab a beer or snack or take a wizz and not miss any action. It isn't that complicated folks.

Frankly you are too forgiving. A ten minute wait isn't good service. The forty plus minute wait I had isn't bad service, it is horrible.

The lost revenue far exceeds the few extra bodies needed to remedy the situation.

Frankly you are too forgiving. A ten minute wait isn't good service. The forty plus minute wait I had isn't bad service, it is horrible.

The lost revenue far exceeds the few extra bodies needed to remedy the situation.
    That 10 minute wait is probably overstating it. May have not even been that long, and it was a rare occurrence.

Like I said, don't go right before tip or right at the beginning of half and you won't have an issue.

I get the complaint. But at the same time it's pretty dumb to wait in line for forty minutes for any type of concession item. Is it that necessary? If the wait is long do you not think to yourself, "is this coke/beer/candy really worth me missing half of basketball game?" Seems like you waited all that time in line just to come on here and prove a point about how incompetent the Cajundome and UL are. Which I'm not sure who looks dumber in that situation.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Who is going to wait 40 minutes for a beer while the game is being played. Even during half time I would not stand in line for 40 minutes for a beer. That my friend is saying a lot about a drinking habit. Got to have it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Who is going to wait 40 minutes for a beer while the game is being played. Even during half time I would not stand in line for 40 minutes for a beer. That my friend is saying a lot about a drinking habit. Got to have it.......
    great point, I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I've showed up close to tip off.. .bypassed the beer line.. came back right after tipoff.. its not rocket science.

Waiting in line for a beer at a sporting event is typical first world problems though. Its tough to be you man but it could be worse. Imagine waiting 40 minutes to see if you get a loaf of bread for your family to eat.

Blog Entries

I've showed up close to tip off.. .bypassed the beer line.. came back right after tipoff.. its not rocket science.
    If your secret gets adopted by half the crowd, it will be 10 times worse for you and 50% better for everyone else.

So was graduation the last event at the dome before renovations?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast