_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 332

Thread: Cajundome Renovations 2016

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,926

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Don't be rediculous, you know this crowd never misses an opportunity for a good meltdown, even if the "crisis" is not real.

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Before anyone freaks out over being priced out of seats, lets see what happens. We are not close to selling out the first two levels of the dome, so I do not see them making prices outrageous. The same for baseball, I believe there are going to be around an extra 700 seats in the grandstand. Now baseball I can see those 700 seats being sold.

    Relax take a deep breath and drink more bourbon. Geaux Cajuns!

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    That was a very good team, C-Mack was still one of my favorite players. Stokes was a monster on the boards and String Bean (Hill) was perfect in that offense, he could score and rebound.
    One of my favorite memories of Stokes was LTUR coming into the dome with Anthony Dade and their fans chanting "Dade the Machine" early on. Then Marcus proceeded to completely domInate him for most of that game.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,791

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    It's not the universities job to decide if you can afford what tickets where, it's their job to sell all the tickets possible while getting highest $$ the market will allow.


  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,987

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns4me View Post
    One of my favorite memories of Stokes was LTUR coming into the dome with Anthony Dade and their fans chanting "Dade the Machine" early on. Then Marcus proceeded to completely domInate him for most of that game.
    I was at that game. By the end of the game the Cajun fans were chanting Dade Sux, Dade Sux...

    It was awesome.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    950

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Before anyone freaks out over being priced out of seats, lets see what happens. We are not close to selling out the first two levels of the dome, so I do not see them making prices outrageous. The same for baseball, I believe there are going to be around an extra 700 seats in the grandstand. Now baseball I can see those 700 seats being sold.

    Relax take a deep breath and drink more bourbon. Geaux Cajuns!
    Not freaking out (or melting down). Just facing reality, pretty sure prices will go up. If the prices remain within my budget I will buy. If not I will get the next best option within my budget.
    The university's need to generate more funds is something I understand.

  6. #86
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    The wins over OU came in consecutive years, I think. But your point is taken. 1991-92 is still the best Cajun team to play in the Dome. (2003-04 was close).

    We were eight deep. We could shoot it (Allen, Starks, Moore). We could distribute it (Mouton). We could rebound it (Hill, Stokes, Mackyeon, Boudreaux)

    When Denver was in the league I would go out with Cynthia and have dinner the night before the games, even after Marty finished coaching. She was, and is, quite a lady. You always knew where you stood with her.
    I was just trying to provide balance to the Marty haters. I'm totally fine with his wife's defense of her husband.

    My wife who is a fashion consultant and is president of color 911 often advised me Mrs. Fletcher was a great dresser and had a booming yell. I'm going with her evaluation over a bunch of nimwits on the RP.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,739
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I was just trying to provide balance to the Marty haters. I'm totally fine with his wife's defense of her husband.

    My wife who is a fashion consultant and is president of color 911 often advised me Mrs. Fletcher was a great dresser and had a booming yell. I'm going with her evaluation over a bunch of nimwits on the RP.
    Just for the record, the "nimwits" evaluation predated RP

  8. #88
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,079

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I was just trying to provide balance to the Marty haters. I'm totally fine with his wife's defense of her husband.

    My wife who is a fashion consultant and is president of color 911 often advised me Mrs. Fletcher was a great dresser and had a booming yell. I'm going with her evaluation over a bunch of nimwits on the RP.
    Cynthia has an interior decorating business so she an Mrs. Express have a similar interest, it appears. She was, and is, a great dresser. And, yeah, she could be loud. But I think she's terrific. Always have.

  9. #89
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Marlin will. And will surpass those accomplishments. Beginning this year.
    He'll have an opportunity to do something similar starting tonight. We'll see. Three P5 teams, and Pepperdine will tell us a lot about how good the team is. A win isn't the only measure of improvement but playing well is.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,151

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016


  11. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,149

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    I'm am anxious to see the finished product. It sounds like it will be very nice. However, I'm not sure adding more and better concession stands will help if they will not be opened!


  12. #92
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,515

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    I'm loving this discription. The dark colors, the lights, the court.
    My only regret? I don't have any except it's way late in coming.


  13. #93
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Saw an interview with Greg Davis saying they might have to play some early basketball games at Blackham as they don't think the Cajundome will be done until sometime in December.


  14. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,237

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    any chance we are going to get a renovation camera running for this project as well?


  15. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Saw an interview with Greg Davis saying they might have to play some early basketball games at Blackham as they don't think the Cajundome will be done until sometime in December.
    The architects seem to think we will be ok ... but we will see!

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Breaux Bridge
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    The architects seem to think we will be ok ... but we will see!
    Architects and construction project managers do not have a good sense of time. If you ask them, they will always be on time or ahead of schedule. haha

  17. #97
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,418

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Article says targeted reopening Dec 1. Even if they hit that it's cutting in some.

    Last year we had only played 1 exhibition and a pair of non-D1's by that date, so wouldn't be too bad for Blackham


  18. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    What I wouldn't give for lighting to be added to roof, like the superdome. And the UL logo added as well.
    In a town like Lafayette that is lacking a significant skyline, the Cajundome, already an icon, could/should play a more of a role in the city/region.


  19. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    What I wouldn't give for lighting to be added to roof, like the superdome. And the UL logo added as well.
    In a town like Lafayette that is lacking a significant skyline, the Cajundome, already an icon, could/should play a more of a role in the city/region.
    That would look cool at night to go along with the LITE center and CGI's color changing lights

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,012

    Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm loving this discription. The dark colors, the lights, the court.
    My only regret? I don't have any except it's way late in coming.
    For all of us calling Jay/Steve/Foote for years to b*tch about the lack of atmosphere in the Dome as compared to Blackham---this blurb has me hopeful!

    "Lower level seating capacity will increase by a thousand (1,000). Basketball configurations will be more intimate. The first row of seats will be right next to the basketball floor instead of 14 feet away as they are now. They will also be higher by eight (8) inches creating much improved sight lines. New courtside seats will be available on a newly resurfaced basketball court. "

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •