Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajundome Renovations 2016

Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Mildew can be handled without painting.

I'm sure an upgrade is needed and if there are leaks they should be patched until the upgrade.

But I suspect the roof doesn't need to look as bad as it does.

A little cleaning would have gone a long way. Waiting for paint jobs is inefficient.
    Haha yep, would be a hell of a pressure wash job.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Mildew can be handled without painting.

I'm sure an upgrade is needed and if there are leaks they should be patched until the upgrade.

But I suspect the roof doesn't need to look as bad as it does.

A little cleaning would have gone a long way. Waiting for paint jobs is inefficient.
    Pretty sure it will require a new coating similar to what was done to the Superdome. I think they start with pressure washing and go from there.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...roof/32500217/

Why the Cajundome roof looks a little unsightly
    Claire Taylor, ctaylor@theadvertiser.com 7:50 a.m. CDT October 7, 2015

It's an iconic structure in Lafayette, a landmark, the pink roof of the Cajundome.

But lately, it's more of an eyesore than something to be proud of, with streaks of dirt and mildew cascading down the exterior of the dome,

"We agree that that needs to be fixed," Cajundome Director Greg Davis told The Daily Advertiser on Friday.

In fact, Davis and his crew have known for three years that the dome roof needs to be addressed. They just didn't have the $1.2 million needed to do it.

Now they do.

A hotel/motel tax the state rebates to the Cajundome is being used to issue bonds and generate the $1.2 million needed to clean and re-seal the roof, Davis said. He expects work to begin in the spring, probably in March.

The rubber coating on the roof that protects it from the sun needs to be re-applied every 10 years. It's about three years overdue, allowing mildew and dirt to coat the exterior. That will be removed by pressure washing before the seal is added.

"We would have enjoyed doing this more timely," Davis said.

The roof isn't leaking. It's just not attractive.

Meanwhile, attention is being focused on preparing for $16 million in renovation work inside the Cajundome. Architects have been engaged to get the ball rolling for the major arena upgrade that's expected to start in May.

The Cajundome will be shut down from May through early November of 2016 to accommodate redesign of the first-level lower bowl of the arena, which will allow for more intimate seating at sporting events. It's also going to add 800 to 1,000 seats to the arena, which may help the Cajundome draw additional concerts and other events.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    That will be part of the re-seating process. That question will be answered at a later date. I've heard they'll still be courtside, but I do not know that. Just a rumor I heard.
    I sit courtside and feel that I will be priced out those seats, which I would understand.
    Just it will be a little sad for me, as a now deceased friend and I shared a ton of good times in those seats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Haha yep, would be a hell of a pressure wash job.
    No doubt.

It cost $87G to do the SuperDome
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Pretty sure it will require a new coating similar to what was done to the Superdome. I think they start with pressure washing and go from there.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...roof/32500217/

Why the Cajundome roof looks a little unsightly
    Claire Taylor, ctaylor@theadvertiser.com 7:50 a.m. CDT October 7, 2015

It's an iconic structure in Lafayette, a landmark, the pink roof of the Cajundome.

But lately, it's more of an eyesore than something to be proud of, with streaks of dirt and mildew cascading down the exterior of the dome,

"We agree that that needs to be fixed," Cajundome Director Greg Davis told The Daily Advertiser on Friday.

In fact, Davis and his crew have known for three years that the dome roof needs to be addressed. They just didn't have the $1.2 million needed to do it.

Now they do.

A hotel/motel tax the state rebates to the Cajundome is being used to issue bonds and generate the $1.2 million needed to clean and re-seal the roof, Davis said. He expects work to begin in the spring, probably in March.

The rubber coating on the roof that protects it from the sun needs to be re-applied every 10 years. It's about three years overdue, allowing mildew and dirt to coat the exterior. That will be removed by pressure washing before the seal is added.

"We would have enjoyed doing this more timely," Davis said.

The roof isn't leaking. It's just not attractive.

Meanwhile, attention is being focused on preparing for $16 million in renovation work inside the Cajundome. Architects have been engaged to get the ball rolling for the major arena upgrade that's expected to start in May.

The Cajundome will be shut down from May through early November of 2016 to accommodate redesign of the first-level lower bowl of the arena, which will allow for more intimate seating at sporting events. It's also going to add 800 to 1,000 seats to the arena, which may help the Cajundome draw additional concerts and other events.
    If the roof didn't leak they could have done this at any time and done nothing else.

http://www.softwashsystems.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    If the roof didn't leak they could have done this at any time and done nothing else.

http://www.softwashsystems.com/
    Something along these lines crossed my mind but my cursory search didn't pull this up.

Thanks

Anyone see the rendering just released? Link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Opie Taylor View Post
    Anyone see the rendering just released? Link please?
    No......how do u know a rendering has been released? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    No......how do u know a rendering has been released? Thx
    BOP mentioned it further up this thread.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    I sit courtside and feel that I will be priced out those seats, which I would understand.
    Just it will be a little sad for me, as a now deceased friend and I shared a ton of good times in those seats.
    Hell Cliff....call me anytime....almost always have a couple of extra seats.....and you know that if Marty is haunting anything on the UL Campus it's the Cajundome......Reddots forever baby!

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Marty still the only coach to win an NCAA tournament game. Beat Kentucky & Cincinnati. Beat #4 Oklahoma twice in same year. Once in regular season and the NCAA tournament.

Loved Marty 's combative wife and all the bling she wore. By the end of Tim Floyd's tenure Marty was beating him on a regular basis.

Marty had the Cajuns receiving top 25 votes. No coach since Marty has equaled his accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Curtains around section 300 seats would work and if we got a prime opponent in like we had in the early 90s (UCONN or Maryland I think?) they could still sell the 300 section tickets.
    Was that opponent you're thinking of UMass?

They had a 30th anniversary luncheon today and showed the pic of the renovations. It's somewhat different from your picture.

For starters, all the seats will be black.
    Do these renovations satisfy past complaints about "not a 'pit' atmosphere?"

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Can't, the dome is too big. I sat at the top of the second level sec 211. I was at least 30 yards from center court and fifty feet up.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Marty had the Cajuns receiving top 25 votes. No coach since Marty has equaled his accomplishments
    Marlin will. And will surpass those accomplishments. Beginning this year.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Marty still the only coach to win an NCAA tournament game. Beat Kentucky & Cincinnati. Beat #4 Oklahoma twice in same year. Once in regular season and the NCAA tournament.

Loved Marty 's combative wife and all the bling she wore. By the end of Tim Floyd's tenure Marty was beating him on a regular basis.

The wins over OU came in consecutive years, I think. But your point is taken. 1991-92 is still the best Cajun team to play in the Dome. (2003-04 was close).

We were eight deep. We could shoot it (Allen, Starks, Moore). We could distribute it (Mouton). We could rebound it (Hill, Stokes, Mackyeon, Boudreaux)

When Denver was in the league I would go out with Cynthia and have dinner the night before the games, even after Marty finished coaching. She was, and is, quite a lady. You always knew where you stood with her.

The wins over OU came in consecutive years, I think. But your point is taken. 1991-92 is still the best Cajun team to play in the Dome. (2003-04 was close).

We were eight deep. We could shoot it (Allen, Starks, Moore). We could distribute it (Mouton). We could rebound it (Hill, Stokes, Mackyeon, Boudreaux)

When Denver was in the league I would go out with Cynthia and have dinner the night before the games, even after Marty finished coaching. She was, and is, quite a lady. You always knew where you stood with her.
    That was a very good team, C-Mack was still one of my favorite players. Stokes was a monster on the boards and String Bean (Hill) was perfect in that offense, he could score and rebound.

Sad. My Father in law has been having 2-4 seats down there for over a decade.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Your friend that sat with you passed away? We sit in 112 behind you. Sad to hear that.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Before anyone freaks out over being priced out of seats, lets see what happens. We are not close to selling out the first two levels of the dome, so I do not see them making prices outrageous. The same for baseball, I believe there are going to be around an extra 700 seats in the grandstand. Now baseball I can see those 700 seats being sold.

Relax take a deep breath and drink more bourbon. Geaux Cajuns!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast